Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil???

Go down

GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil??? Empty GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil???

Post  Aussie Jason Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:21 pm

18x12 NUGGET TECH COIL:
Hi, Has anyone used this coil around Leonora? and would any one like to share with me an appropriate setup for the gpx5000 or a setup that they also have had success with. I heard the fine gold setting a good starting point? is this true?

Last edited by Aussie Jason on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong sizes)

Aussie Jason
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-06-12

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil??? Empty Re: GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil???

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:00 am

G'day. I haven't got that coil or a lot of experience with detecting but I think I have the basics down now. From what I understand in larger coils round ones perform a bit deeper. Regarding settings simply experiment with targets you find by changing between the different timings. Set-up the machine to run smoothly and as quiet as possible without turning the stability up(lower numbers turn it up). With big coils you can run a much lower gain than factory preset. Try inverting the signal if you are used to the sound of shallower targets. Keep the Stab and gain within Five numbers. Try to run normal or enhance where you are able without making the detector noisey. With larger coils use a slow or very slow swing. I think the machines do most of the work and if you have a suitable coil for the ground depth you will do well. I have turned my gain to one and was surprised how well it hit a target. Just have a play around with all the targets you get. Fixed is better than tracking providing you ground balance regularly and correctly. Fine gold can be best if the ground is to noisey to work enhance and for small targets. All ground is different as are all machines and targets. Just take the time to toggle through different settings when in the field and don't forget to ground balance between settings.
Someone more knowledgeable will chime in or use the search bar. Cheers

Back to top Go down

GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil??? Empty Re: GPX5000 18x12 nugget tech coil???

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:21 am

Aussie Jason wrote:18x12 NUGGET TECH COIL:
Hi, Has anyone used this coil around Leonora? and would any one like to share with me an appropriate setup for the gpx5000 or a setup that they also have had success with. I heard the fine gold setting a good starting point? is this true?
Not every ones settings will perform the same on other detectors as some may be more sensitive or less sensitive. It comes down to how deep the grounds are or how shallow. I think the best thing to do is there is a DVD that Jonathan Porter done on the 5000, buy it and watch it over and over. The DVDs are worth watching and having.
AP

Back to top Go down