Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAKE GPX 4500

+10
Nebuchadnezzar
deutran
Darylr
Jigalong
goldslinger
gollstar
aushunter
nero_design
Harb
Undertaker
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FAKE GPX 4500 Empty FAKE GPX 4500

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi all
Has anyone seen one of these fake gpx 4500 that are suppose to be made in china?

marco says they don't work and one minelab dealer told me there called gpx 4500R, but
apart from that there seems to be no info any where.

so has anyone seen one?
cheers fencejumper

Back to top Go down

FAKE GPX 4500 Empty Re: FAKE GPX 4500

Post  Undertaker Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi Fencejumper,

I recently found a pic of what I think is a fake gpx 4000. The fake 4500s are hard to find because many sellers use minelab's photos and others from ebay.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/106870510/Minelab_GPX_4500_Gold_Detector.html

Cheers Undertaker
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:51 pm

I saw a link to the gpx4500R on another forum a week or so ago..searching for it now.
What I saw was white with the bent 3 piece shaft and resembled nothing like a 4500. it had GPX4500 R on the control box

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 pm

sorry, gpx4500F
heres the link with pic http://www.handinthebox.com/products/849124.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Does the "F" stand for fake ?
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 pm

can think of another F word that suits too FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:03 pm

I think you might be right.....
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 pm

madtuna wrote:sorry, gpx4500F
heres the link with pic [url=http://www.handinthebox.com/products/849124.html
http://www.handinthebox.com/products/849124.html[/quote[/url]]

Hey tuna its got good depth 2.5m to 3.5m FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_lol maybe that is measured as you chuck it down a mine shaft, and watch the bright LED display disappear into the darkness FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_twisted FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_eek

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:28 pm

thanks alot for the info

that one from alibaber looks real the way they have other minelabs on there, i still reckon it would be a massive risk sending them any money thou

that GPX 4500 F must be amazing getting all the functions that a 4500 has using six turn knobs FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_rolleyes
i thought some one had replicated a gpx 4500 but judging by the description thats just a vlf with 4500 written on it
i guess for $415 it comes back to you get what you pay for.

thanks for finding that link steve
cheers fencejumper

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Alibaba.com is the Ebay for Scam Artists....

You should see their "Minelab GP3500" for just $450!! CLICK FOR LINK

You should see their "Minelab SD2200v2" for just $390!! CLICK FOR LINK
Who says you can get an SD any more?

And that GPX? Take a look at the image below and you'll see that it comes in a nice Minelab GPX box. But it looks too much like another brand of VLF.

FAKE GPX 4500 Large

Obviously a scam. And this is just the TIP of the iceberg.

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  aushunter Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Alibabba, mmmmmmmm wasn't he thief. FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_twisted FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_twisted FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_twisted FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_twisted

Brad..
aushunter
aushunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am

I dont know what it is but somthing looks funny about that gp 3500 i cant put my finger on it yet but im sure the control box was blue or at least the gp 3500 i borrowed off my uncles was,
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:19 am

Streuth!!! Even Yoda couldn't decipher this gobbledygook from 'Tuna's link.

Robert

"Note: If you are using precious metals such as
gold to do test items, remember that mark the location of placement in
order to test finished back. Do not pile objects on the grass or weeds.
Detection Tips:

Do not swing like a pendulum as the probe. To bring the probe to detect
otherwise, will appear wrong readings. Preferably from one side to the
other side into a 15 cm wide, sweeping arc lateral move, to keep the
probe in parallel with the ground. Moving slower sweep speed may be
missing to detect targets.
Schematic diagram of plate movement detection method
"

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslinger Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:16 am

i wounder if you translate it into chines it would make more sence
goldslinger
goldslinger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:25 am

That's known as "CHINGLISH".

I once saw a great sign in a Chinese airport. NO SOMKING !

Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:53 am

They are also faking the top dog Mean Green Garrett Machine; I haven't heard whether it works or not either.
You would think that if the Chinese are so dumb that they can only create cheap and nasty copies of Western electronics and other engineering instead of inventing their own high quality products that the country would have gone bust by now. They survive by paying slave labour rates to the workers.

You have got to wonder about people who think eating tiger dicks and drinking bear bile will make them virile and strong. Well hello!! there are bugger all tigers and bears left on the planet; I wonder which dicks they will start eating now that will give them the mental strength to copy someone elses electronics?

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:12 am

Well they are pretty much Screwing the planet, and I guess that makes them strong........ I need to find me a Tiger Laughing
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darylr Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I can see why you are all perplexed about these new machines FAKE GPX 4500 Confused

The GPX4500F is an "underground metal detector" . They have to be used underground not on top of the ground as you would with a Minelab machine.

You have to read the whole advert from Alladin to find this very important info.

regards

Darylr FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_biggrin FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_biggrin
Darylr
Darylr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Darylr wrote:Hi Guys,

I can see why you are all perplexed about these new machines FAKE GPX 4500 Confused

The GPX4500F is an "underground metal detector" . They have to be used underground not on top of the ground as you would with a Minelab machine.

You have to read the whole advert from Alladin to find this very important info.

regards

Darylr FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_biggrin FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_biggrin
FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_lol FAKE GPX 4500 Icon_lol FAKE GPX 4500 Lol

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 pm

When's a bargain not bargain!Would I spend countless hours swinging a detector that wasn,t the genuine product,I dont think so.With ML I have always received a great product and customer service.The purchase price includes countless hours of research and testing,quality components and fast warranty turnaround.
If anyone is shopping for price they would do better with a used Brand name detector than a cheap copy of one.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 pm

I use my GPX-4500's in underground mines. Isn't that the same as a cave?

/Works just fine underground (to my complete surprise).

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 am

GDay

I remember as a kid everyone used to slag the Japs, everything was "jap crap" this and 'jap crap" that and a lot of the early stuff they produced was crap, but you dont hear people saying that now do you??, most of us drive Japanese 4wds like landcruisers because quite simply they are the better option, not to mention all the other japanese technology gracing our homes.

I can see the Chinese going the same way, the advantage they have is that they have a huge labour force and can keep the cost of production down, a lot of the stuff coming out of the place is rubbish but it was that way with Japan in the early days too, with experience and advances in technology it wont be long before they are producing high quality gear that will be sought after rather than avoided, there is already so much electronics produced there that almost everything you see has chinese produced components, so why the surprise that they would not try to reproduce metal detectors, if they could could put a fully operational and reliable gxp4500 on the market, retailing it for about $1500.00 what do you think would happen?, everyone would be buying them thats what, and could afford a spare one too.

For me I am not fond of their inferior products and will purposely avoid some stuff, but sometimes the only thing you can get that suits your purpose is Chinese made so it is becoming harder and harder to avoid it and you end up buying something out of necessity, as the one that was produced here became too expensive and wouldnt sell so it was taken off the market leaving only the Chinese version available.

Electronics have already gone disposable, for instance you can buy a dvd player for less than a $100, if anything goes wrong with it and you have had it a couple of years you would chuck it in the bin, as it would cost you more than you paid for it to get the TV repair guy to have a look at it for you, there are things like printers that you are better off buying a new printer than you are buying replacement ink tanks for as the new one comes with them.

No doubt detectors will go the same way, but it would take longer as they are not as big a market as dvds etc, and then that will become a minefield as there will be so many choices that you wont know what was good and what was not until you bought it and got it out on the ground, just like other electronics you soon find out that the name brands that were considered the best have become the cheap and nasty stuff and the stuff you hadnt heard of before will be the better choice.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:05 am

Adrian SS wrote:They are also faking the top dog Mean Green Garrett Machine; I haven't heard whether it works or not either.
You would think that if the Chinese are so dumb that they can only create cheap and nasty copies of Western electronics and other engineering instead of inventing their own high quality products that the country would have gone bust by now. They survive by paying slave labour rates to the workers.

You have got to wonder about people who think eating tiger dicks and drinking bear bile will make them virile and strong. Well hello!! there are bugger all tigers and bears left on the planet; I wonder which dicks they will start eating now that will give them the mental strength to copy someone elses electronics?

mmm... I detect a note of racism in this post.
I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that their workers are payed slave labour rates. That certainly is not what I have seen and I have visited many of their factories. No doubt its low by our standards, but then so is their cost of living. Besides, many factory workers are just out of school and getting some experience before moving on, or houswives supplementing their family income. But don't take my word for it, go and have a look for yourself.

Yes they do produce some utter crap, just as we do here. There are opportunists everywhere and the problem is partly that their businessmen are too cashed up. They invest into a manufacturing plant without any prior experience and end up producing sub-standard goods which they off load into western countries at discount prices. And this is where the other part of the problem lies. Too many numbskulls here jump over to Asia and start importing believing themselves too be some sort of trading tycoon. So we end up with someone else's garbage to dispose off.

As for scams, I'm sure there are many everywhere. I'm yet too see anywhere where there are more per capita than in Sydney, but I haven't been to Nigeria yet.

As for their aphrodisiacs, something thats been around longer than European history so its not going to be a simple matter of expecting everything to change overnight, especially when the majority of the population are illiterate or semi-illiterate. But for a bit of perspective, I see the Aboriginals are still eating and hunting rare species and for the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone would eat vegemite.

But other than the racist overtones there was a point I will agree. That China cannot continue on its current path, at least not without damaging the planet. And if this happens we are all to blame since its our money that encourages them to continue.
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 pm

N'nezzar,
I used to go to China once or twice a year and agree with all you say. Adriann has obviously been there a lot too.
Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:01 pm

No such thing as racism sport, Just people who like some and don't like others.
I am married to an Asian.
Some people call others Racist for the most stupid reasons.
Would you say a person is a racist when that person defends their moral and religious beliefs? Who is the Racist; the person who defends their beliefs against all others or the person who attacks you because of your beliefs??.... Both sound the same to me hey!!

If a person of another race commits a brutal crime against you or you friends and you respond by deriding and insulting or attacking the perpetrator, you are not deriding the entire race you are showing your discust and anger towards that one person, but you can be sure that someone will call you a racist. Human beings have endless differing personalities some of them are very nasty types no matter what their race, so I will choose who I like or dislike without being racist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi fellas

You have made your points regarding racism which are quite relevant, however the topic is Fake GPX 4500 so lets go back to that

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badger Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:48 am

fencejumper wrote:Hi all
Has anyone seen one of these fake gpx 4500 that are suppose to be made in china?

marco says they don't work and one minelab dealer told me there called gpx 4500R, but
apart from that there seems to be no info any where.

so has anyone seen one?
cheers fencejumper

it all boils down to BUY AUSTRALIAN MADE for my money mine lab rules
badger
badger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-03-11

Back to top Go down

FAKE GPX 4500 Empty fake gps45000f

Post  nuggertman Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:57 pm

hi all ust read about fake gps .. i have sent an email . to let me try 1 for free c what happens . but i think its a con //////
nuggertman
nuggertman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 pm

You might be right; I made a try for one and was told they (China) donot ship the detectors to Australia.
Probably don't have anything worth shipping. or they are afraid of Minelab; No reason to be though, they fake everything else and ship to Australia without any trouble.
I was in Bunnings today and saw an Ryobi and Rover motormower that were Chinese replicas of the real deal.
I would not have known if the sales bloke didn't tell me; so why not a metal detector?

Back to top Go down

FAKE GPX 4500 Empty FAKE 4500F

Post  fullmesh Mon May 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Please I have just procured the 4500F only to discover that it is not the original. All the same, that is what I could afford for now.
Can anyone tell me how to use it because I'm a Newbie in the prospecting business. The Manual is written in poor English. I tried downloading the original Manual for the original 4500 but the one I have is limited in scope, so I couldn't set it to get going into the exploration.
What best settings do I put it so that I can find exact gold nugets/deposits, amidst sandy terrain and rocky plains?
Thanks.

fullmesh
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next