Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting as aid to recovery

5 posters

Go down

Detecting as aid to recovery Empty Detecting as aid to recovery

Post  longbob Fri May 17, 2013 12:22 pm

I suffer from major depression, which is very debilitating and could lead to very bad and final outcomes. Recommendations for lessening symptoms and providing some non-chemical help are to find hobbies or activities that will distract.
Soooooo - I have me a GPX 500 detector thingy and lottsa books and maps, and although I have yet to set foot in the field have found the research and reading to be totally absorbing. It's like the Da Vinci Code trying to work out a good spot to try. Already I find myself more able to be active and interested in things, and can't wait to set foot out there. I am aware that I may not find anything at all, but it seems I have given myself a reasonable chance with the detector I have chosen, and my target area, Castlemaine.
So just wanted to say that this hobby has more rewards in it for me than the metal I might find. It has diminished a very serious problem that has plagued me for most of my life. When you next pick up your detector, be aware that these machines have probably saved someone's life. Very Happy

longbob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-03-01

Back to top Go down

Detecting as aid to recovery Empty Re: Detecting as aid to recovery

Post  CostasDee Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 pm

Q31 to the forum longbob.

It's great that this hobby/pastime may help solve your little problem. You always find something when you're swinging out there, but a lot of the time it unfortunately isn't gold, but it's a numbers game and the more you do it, eventually you will find something. Maybe you might have beginners' luck???

Similar to you, I have a little problem that swinging the detector allows me to forget for just a little while and come to peace with he world and calms my nerves - it's called a WIFE. Q30 sweetheart, I'll get back to the housework now...
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  marty Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Good onya mate, go for it. Sounds to me like you have the right attitude already for starting off as well ! Good luck. MARTY

marty
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Q31 to the forum longbob
It is a great hobby for forgetting your woes and worries..
Doesn't matter if you find gold or not ( a bit of gold is nice though ) just being out there in the fresh air and bush is just what the doctor ordered... Smile
And when you make great friendships along the way.. Well that's a real bonus..
And you are sooooo right! It does pull you out of the hum drums..
Hope to see some pictures of your finds Q10 even if it isn't yellow

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Fri May 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Welcome to the forum longbob , Good luck swinging the 5000 . You will find when you get out bush and get familiar with your machine and who knows , get lucky all your worries will fade away , detecting is a great medicine , good for the body and good for the mind . All the best buddy . cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  TTT Fri May 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi Longbob and welcome to the forum hope you find the forum able to help you in your detecting there a a lot of people here who will give you good advice and a lot of reading through older posts that help also and don t be frightened to ask questions and i m sure you will get replies cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down