Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold?????

3 posters

Go down

Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold????? Empty Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold?????

Post  Stillsearching Thu May 09, 2013 6:45 pm

HI needing help.

Does anybody Know if you can fit a Amplifier to the AT Gold detector or not. I see there is a cable on the market to convert the original 2 pin plug over to a jack type(used on a set of headphones).

So if i was to buy a Amplifier and connect a speaker to it would would it have the effect as a Rooster Booster???????

Just thinking out aloud.

Thanks regards

Darryn Basketball

Stillsearching
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold????? Empty Re: Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold?????

Post  bicter Thu May 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Darryn,
Not familiar with the detector you mentioned however any headset amplifier should be able to do the job and should do the same job as a rooster booster. Something like this kit from Jaycar should do http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KG9032&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=965#11
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold????? Empty Re: Amplifier for a Garrett AT Gold?????

Post  Ben78 Thu May 09, 2013 8:29 pm

I have one of these headphone amps - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200908741878

I bought a tobacco tin at a secondhand shop that I fit it to. Drives a small external speaker nicely.

I swapped the amp chip out for a higher quality one though as I mostly use my amp to listen to music.
Ben78
Ben78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillsearching Fri May 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Thankyou both very much with your information.

Ben do you have a Garrett AT Gold detector? If so what do you think of it. I have only just got mine and have used it just twice but cant wait to get out and try it again.

Regards

Darryn Basketball

Stillsearching
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben78 Sat May 11, 2013 7:54 am

Hi Darryn,

Nope, I have a Teknetics T2. I see plenty of pics put up of gold found with AT Gold though. Either they have the numbers on the ground or Garret actually hit a solution to hotrocks!
Ben78
Ben78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down