Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ?

2 posters

Go down

Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ? Empty Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ?

Post  Jigalong Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:22 pm

How deep into the dirt would they find a 1 gm nugget ? Any ideas on this item would be helpful as I am thinking of buying one.

Thanks,

Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ? Empty Re: Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ?

Post  llanbric Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Forget this post, I've had a brain fade, I use a Garret pro pointer.

(They haven't got much depth on small stuff, more depth on larger though, for pinpointing they do a good job. I wouldn't bother using one by itself, but working with a detector they save time and energy and help keep your pick from damaging whatever your'e digging.)

Last edited by llanbric on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ? Empty Re: Coiltek Pinpointer - Anyone had first hand experience with one of these ?

Post  Jigalong Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Ilanbric,

I have used the hand held units on sub 1gm nuggets and found their performance pretty sad. I thought the Coiltec unit working through the 4500, might have a bit more grunt.

Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi Jigalong,

My mistake, I use a Garret pro pointer, I don't know how the Coiltek would work, search the forums. I find the probe very useful when the hole starts getting deepish, the probe positions the target pretty accurately meaning you don't have to open up the hole to fit your coil in to pinpoint the target.

Last edited by llanbric on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down