Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter 2013 And Who Is A Happy Wife.

+13
HueyDuck
ruffles
G.B.
Ren
CostasDee
flyspecks
gullyhunter
TheGoldenChild
Jack outwest
nuggetseeker
Gold Miner
TWO BOB
mariner3800
17 posters

Go down

Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Empty Easter 2013 And Who Is A Happy Wife.

Post  mariner3800 Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi All,

By now you might have heard that I'm resigned to that fact that I will be the chief cook and bottle washer after Elsie's fantastic find over Easter.

We had planned a trip up to Moliagul with a few forum members to do some well earned detecting and camping. To Those who came along, thanks for a great weekend and look forward to doing it again as there were many laughs and good times had. The weather was kind to us this Easter with only a little light rain one night, lots of kids running around and some hunting, Yabbieing & partying being done.

Q16 Big Fella I really think you should buy a clock?????

What's that you say " Get to the Gold Story " O'well i'd better tell you about Elsie's find Sad Sad Sad

After a few days of finding bits and pieces, exploring new ground and not really coming up with much weight in the bottle, it was Monday after noon and the " Lone Ranger " ( No Names Please )drove into town in control of his white stallion ( the good old Troopy )
After a great meal and a few drinks the Lone Ranger said he was going to his X marks the spot, to just give it one final look and we were welcome to come along, it was discussed and we were in.
Tuesday morning came and it was the first time in 4 days that one certain person was out of bed before 11am ( still needs to buy a watch ), the camp was coming to life with anticipation of maybe, just maybe something bigger than " Fly Specs " in the jar, Sorry Gary.

Skip Skip Skip " Sorry Cannot tell you where "

After a couple of hours on the ground I was the first to hit colour, a nice little bit around 0.7g., shortly after there was some commotion up on the slope, the screams over the radio and so much laughter it soon caught the attention of all involved. As I left my little spot where I have just picked the first nugget up and walked past the ( LR ) Lone Ranger and we both headed up the slope. The first thing I saw was Josh ( my son the pick man ) with a smile from ear to ear and Elsie ( the wife ) looking like she had been hit in the face with a Mullet ( yes stunned ). As we got a little closer we were bombarded with Elsie, Josh, Ben ( my other son ) Heath & Corey ( Goldminer997's boys ) all spraying words our way so trying to make sense of what was being said was quite hard. All of a sudden at about 15m away Josh held up what could only be a gold nugget, but I did think it was a bit of junk at first. The LR and I looked at each other with big smiles, yes it was gold and by the look of it a very nice nugget.
After much laughter and a few questions and a very close inspection by the LR it was called as a 10g plus nugget. After about 15min of looking washing and investigation of the hole it was back in to it for them as there " Is Gold On Them Slopes " I have never seen my boys so interested and keen to get on with it. After a little more time the " Hoover " called on the radio that he had found a bit of gold and the hunt went on.
At about 1:30 the LR called on the radio that he was having some lunch and hitting the road back to Melbourne so we all went back to the cars for the weight in and chat.
Well when the nugget went on the scales it came in at 16.45g of XXXX Gold, so there was one very happy lady in the passenger seat let me tell you, she had a grin that was priceless. The LR made the offer for us to stay and keep on detecting, but after a discussion with the rest of the team it was agreed that it is the LR's spot and without him there we would call it a day. So the drive back to camp was full of the story of her biggest nugget and exactly how much the Pick Man would get Q10

The camp fire that night basically had me chained to the kitchen for any further trips while the experts go and find the yellow Sad Sad Sad

Let me tell you I have been reminded all the way home to Melbourne as to who is the A team by that little, or should I say large rattle in the jar.

The names of those involved have been kept out of this story, as it just might give to much away, but if they want to jump in and come out then that is up to them, but sincerely from myself and the family a big Q32 Q15 to you Lone Ranger, its just a pity you could not stay another night.

There is still " Some Gold " left on the slops Q01 Q01

Mariner3800

16.45g plus other bits Total 17.9g for Easter
Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. IMG_1700_zpsadb413e5

Last edited by mariner3800 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Empty Easter 2013 And Who Is A Happy Wife

Post  TWO BOB Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:14 pm

FANTASTIC Nugget Elsie, cheers cheers cheers Hope you will show Peter how to detect the big ones.
Cheers to All
"TWO BOB"
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Empty Re: Easter 2013 And Who Is A Happy Wife.

Post  Gold Miner Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Great story, well done!!!!
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Empty Re: Easter 2013 And Who Is A Happy Wife.

Post  nuggetseeker Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Congratulations Elsie fantastic find well done
To Peter and the rest of the crew ,thanks for the welcome and the great weekend.It was great to put faces to names, hope we can do it again soon.
I was pleasantly surprised when i came back to camp to find the Easter bunny had been, i didnt think he knew where i was. Thanks Josh.

Cheers nugget seeker

nuggetseeker
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Mariner top report of the Easter weekend get to gether,Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. 1984967395 Sorry mate, but you let down the male species and I hope that your loverly wife makes you the cook and bottle washer at all your camp outings for now on, as you won't ever live this one down, because Elsie will make sure of that. Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. 3789958858Flyspeck and I turned up on the Friday but you were out somewere looking for more productive areas Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. 3381888357 Well Elsie what can I say except well done girl 16.45gm nugget and we know who's the better detectorist is out of the two of you now.Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. 716661678

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:53 pm

THAT'S A REAL NICE NUGGET cheers Congratulations .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 pm

terrific piece Elsie Shocked
well done Very Happy
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Wow Pete, you should become writer, some talent there Very Happy
What a great nugget Q15 , Elsie is "A" team material, you can come along too, we desperately need a cook lol!
I can only imagine the smiles on everyone's face after unearthing that monster Smile Smile Smile
Was great to meet up with you and the family again Pete and see some new faces, what a great bunch of blokes, too bad I missed the Lone Ranger Sad
Thanks to all for the company and camp fire Q11 .

What's that Tonto, big Gold find in Moliagul, Hi-yo, Silver! Away!"
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Good on ya ELSIE!!! Q15 What a ripper..
Sounds like every one had a great time..
You had an even better one Q27

Hope to catch up again soon with everyone..

Cheers
Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  gullyhunter Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Pete , first off the rank is a HUGE congratulations to Elsie for that fantastic find ... Q13 Q18 Q40
Second is - a pat on the back to the " lone ranger " for his unselfishness of sharing one of his X spots with a group of very deserving people Q27

I can guarantee you that his side kick " Tonto " was wishing he could be there to share the moment Q39 ...

Once again ... Good onya Elsie - a job well done Q36 ( cooking & dishes Pete , somehow its not so bad when your doing these chores in the bush , catch ya`s soon bro ) ...

Regards
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
gullyhunter
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi Peter,

Great find Elsie.. It just shows that ya gotta keep that battery charged >>> the coil on that gold bearing ground >>> a bit of skill >>> a bit of luck and "Tonto" .. Bingo.. Q21

Hey >>>>> Great pizza's on Friday night toooo... What a Face

Nicely written Peter Q15

Cheers
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 pm

G'day Peter
A big congrats to Elsie Q15 Sorry about missing seeing you guys on Saturday, but we did spend some trying to find your secret spot. Sad We ended up going over the mountain and found our old spot. The boys wanted to have a swing there. Will have to catch up again sometime after we return from WA.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:12 pm

WOW WOW WOW......congrats elsie, what a great find.......pete, there's some wonderfull aprons going cheap at KMART this week. sorry that me and wombat and phoneix didnt stay longer , as we were off to find the yellow brick road, and that did'nt work out either......but to elsie, once again congrats, i bet your still smiling Q15
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Great story Pete and a very BIG congrats to Elsie for unearthing that Whopper.

In situations like this, when the wife scores a lot better than you, it's very important to remind her that it's a "team effort". You may have to say it many hundreds of times, but in saying that, your still going to end up doing the cooking and dishwashing for quite some time now whilst she rests her poor tired feet.

And of course let's not forget to say a big thanks to the Lone Ranger for guiding you in the right direction.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Empty -easter-2013-and-who-is-a-happy-wife

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:25 pm

congrats elsie;s Very Happy sounds like a great family time was had by all. Very Happy so has a price been setteled on your son that dug the nugget?the reason im asking is I had the same thing happen to me a long time ago Smile hey mariner3800 you could well be carring the pick next trip! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 pm

G'day mariner

Great story, and nice picture to go with it, and congrats to Elsie and the pick man for not hitting to prize.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:54 pm

That's awesome Pete, give a big, big congrats to Elsie.... what a great piece of rock. Well Pete looks like she showed the boys how it's done ay.. No pressure to beat that weight on your next trip, hehe Twisted Evil

A big yeeeehhha goes to the Lone Ranger, what a superstar for opening up his paddock and sharing his X Q27 Just proves that it's never all done Q04

Sorry Pete I couldn't help myself...Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Cleaner-smiley-emoticonEaster 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Washing-machine-smiley-emoticon Easter 2013  And Who Is A Happy Wife. Washing-dishes-smiley-emoticon

Regards Ren...
Ren
Ren
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Wow i am sooooooooo HAPPY.

That is fantastic story and i am little bit sad i left on Sunday and missed the event.

I am so happy for Elsie and i can imagine her smile and excitement in the camp.Celebration would be long into the night i imagine.

Congratulation to everyone from pick boy and to all other boys and girls.They were fantastic and we did not need an alarm in the morning Smile

Thanks everyone for being there for weekend, i enjoyed it and even tho did not find any gold i was not disappointed ( still on a cloud 9 with my nugget)

Great story and huge thanks for sharing as i missed it for a day.
It was a fantastic camping trip and even Easter bunny came for a visit.

Thanks for others to share the spot with you. cheers

Well Peter when you decide you cant beat Elsie in gold hunting there is always a story writing as a hobby Q15

Good on yaa ELSIE!!!!!

Until the next camping trips....

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:20 am

Fantastic find.

Great to meet every one at the.Camp.
Good on the lone ranger for taking you to his X spot..
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 am

Beautiful piece of gold cheers

Congratulations to Elsie Very Happy , commiserations to the new bottle washer Sad

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  ruffles Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Congrats to Elsie and Josh on a great team effort

Well done Q13

Do you still have that rattling noise in your ear Pete
Or are the chaffed hands from doing the dishes more of a problem

Cheers

ruffles
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2012-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Elsie,

That blows my nugget out of the water, that is a fantastic nugget.... Q15 The car ride home would have been a blur with the biggest smile on the dial and that would have topped off great Easter weekend.

Couldn't have gone to a nicer family either for all your hard work you have done for this Forum and its members.... Q01

Congratulations again and Peter that was an excellent story and very well written....

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi Guys & Gals,

Just while I have a break from the cooking, cleaning, washing , ironing, paking the van away and all my new found domestic duties I thought I would jump on the PC and say

HELP HELP HELP

Yes the A team newbees ( LOL ) have claimed their thrown until next time we venture out.

Elsie said to say thanks for all the kind wishes and congrats on her ( & Josh's ) find and again to Loan Ranger a special thanks and by the way she loved your new Avatar. Q15

By the way Elsie said Tonto can Borrow Bens Bow & Arrows next time we catch up. Q16

Back to the folding of the wshing for me, and I'm not kidding???

Pete
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Fantastic story Pete,that sounds like one awesome weekend Very Happy Many congrats to your 'better' half Laughing on that superb nugget..the ball's in your court now mate lol! Game on!! Basketball

Cheers...Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  OLD SALT Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:48 am

A very welcome find...they are still definitely out there folks..Great weekend was had by all it seems....the Bond between fellow prospectors is alive and well...very encouraging to newbies who want to enter the fray. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Nev
OLD SALT
OLD SALT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Well written story Pete, and a big congratulations to Swmbo. Very Happy
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:16 am

Well done Pete.well deserved gold and trip. cheers What a Face

Cheers kon61.

kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down