Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commander Coils

Go down

Commander Coils Empty Commander Coils

Post  Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Hello - has anyone tried one of these? I am looking at an elliptical DD to add to my kit and was wondering if anyone else have tried these coils.
Why elliptical - scrubby country that I am currently wandering through.
Why DD - highly mineralised area - mono's don't cut it.
Thanks for replys. CB

Back to top Go down

Commander Coils Empty Re: Commander Coils

Post  deutran Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi CB
I purchased a 10"x5" Commander DD just recently.In all honesty the standard 11" should perform well in heavy mineralised with better ground coverage.I found no improvement in sensitivity and have other coils that are far better.Save your money.Most of the gold I have found was with the standard coil.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi CB.... while I use monos 99% of the time, I would have confidence swinging anything with a Commander label on it.

If you want larger than the standard 11" have a look at the 15x12 Commander, comes in both DD and Mono. I've used the mono version and loved it.
It's a hipstick job but a brilliant coil.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I will just have to decide what to do now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 am

Gday

I dont believe that there is any real advantage in using the 15x12" commander coil over the standard 11" coils apart from the aspect of ground coverage, if its ground coverage you are looking for then you would be better off looking at say a coiltek 14" eliptical or 14" round coil both are lighter than the commander 15x12 coil.

The 15x12s are an excellent coil but are too heavy for prolonged use without a hiptick, as madtuna said, and from my previous use of the 15x12" mono and the 11" commander mono, I would have to say that I believe that the 11" mono would have slightly better depth than the 15x12, and would be easier to use in scrubby country.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down