Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need answers...

+5
lbg dreamer
sandy2010
tezz
CostasDee
Ivanℤ
9 posters

Go down

Need answers... Empty Need answers...

Post  Ivanℤ Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:06 am

Hello everybod,
So, I'm french and I want to make a journey in Australia for gold prospecting. But, I have a big problem. In fact, I can only stay in Ausralia during 3 weeks... Is it possible to repay my travel with gold? Because I haven't a lot of money, I'm 22 years old... Embarassed
Thank you for your advice.
Cordialy

Ps: Sorry for my bad english Laughing

Ivanℤ
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Need answers... Empty Re: Need answers...

Post  Guest Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 pm

some people that live here don't even cover there fuel money in a year, so i would not count on it
if it was that easy the people that live here would not work. we would just detect for three weeks and then go on a holiday to france with the gold found in that three week peroid.
unless your extremly lucky,i'd say no.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Ivanz, I will use myself as an example. I have gone out 5 times and for 3 days each time, totalling 15 days. On the 15th day I found a piece of gold probably worth about $45. It was exciting for me and a big thrill to finally find something after such a long dry spell. My fuel and other expenses in that time would have probably totalled about $750. Luckily I am not doing it because I need to eat, I am doing it for the thrill of the chase and for the fun. I might have found a big piece that I could've retired on in that 15 days, but like 99.5% of other prospectors doing it, I didn't. So if you want to come to Australia to find a big nugget I wish you well, but please don't come here and count on it as a certainty and gamble your life savings on it, because the statistics, even from the "profesionals" doing it, are stacked against the modern day prospector.

My point is, do it for fun but don't count on it for you life.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tezz Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm

If you havan't got your return fare or enough money to support your self immigration won't let you in, if you do come and can afford it you are better of going on a gold tour in Western Austalia with experienced people, only in winter though as to hot in summer in the desert. Google 'gold tours WA' for info.
Gold is hard to find, some people go for weeks or months without finding any, nuggets are not lying around all over the place like overseas people think and WA is the size of Europe.
good luck
tezz
tezz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Need answers... Empty Re: Need answers.

Post  sandy2010 Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm

When Napoleon was considering promoting a soldier from the ranks,he put all the usual questions to his commanding officer and then asked one final question,"Is he lucky"?
If you are amongst the one in one hundred of individuals that are lucky then you could take the gamble.....but if you are one of the other ninety nine......give it a miss!

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:35 pm

You have just been given over 200 years of wisdome
I'd take that on board
Good luck
You may get another opportunity in the future
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Ivanℤ wrote:Hello everybod,
So, I'm french and I want to make a journey in Australia for gold prospecting. But, I have a big problem. In fact, I can only stay in Ausralia during 3 weeks... Is it possible to repay my travel with gold? Because I haven't a lot of money, I'm 22 years old... Embarassed
Thank you for your advice.
Cordialy

Ps: Sorry for my bad english Laughing

Hi Ivan, Smile first of all "Ausralia" is a small town at the far edge of the death zone in northern siberia,... pale Never go there!! pale , I will assume you mean Australia Wink, that's the big brown one at the bottom of the world with some small bits hanging off the bottom, Tasmania and New zealand. Hmmmmm scratch let's see now, you are 22 years old and have an itch for gold, you have three weeks to burn and no money to spare,you will need to travel a great distance at considerable expense, unless of course you intend to cling to the undercarriage of a Qantas aircraft and risk certain death ( not recommended ), you will arrive in a very large country probably a good distance from where you need to be, you will need transport and equipment, all quite expensive,you will need to do considerable research to figure out exactly where it is you want to look for the elusive gold, you will need to sustain yourself for the period you are here, and then get back home and in all likelyhood going by the responses here so far you will have little or no gold to show for your efforts, sounds enticing eh!......or you could do it all on a barebones shoestring backpacker budget and get lucky and crack the big nugget patch on pure beginners luck go home and buy that nice little chateau you've had your eye on Wink scratch decisions ,decisions!.... what the heck!! you're 22 I say sell what you have, beg, borrow and steal the rest and get your ass on a plane to the goldfields young man before it's all gone and take your chances for 3 short weeks, you never know your luck out there Wink Keep us posted!

Ps Don't apologise for your english, it's probably as good as most on the forum and some of us were born speaking it.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Ivan If your only reason for coming to Australia is to find enough gold to repay for the trip I suggest you stay in France.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 pm

goldquest wrote:Ivan If your only reason for coming to Australia is to find enough gold to repay for the trip I suggest you stay in France.
Cheers

"Your luck will shrink or expand in proportion to your courage"......... I like this bit better than your post goldquest. Wink

"Fortune favours the brave"
"Faint heart never won a fair lady"
Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanℤ Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:22 am

If I'll ask these questions, it's because I haven't idea concerning the lucky for find a nugget. In France, I'm a prospector only for the hobbie of history. The findings are some old coins, often in bad quality, so you see, I'm not a prospector for money Smile
For my only oppinion, I think the journey with metal detection in Australia will be a very good experience. And if I pay a part of my depenses, that will be better again.
Thank you for your answers, I'm a neophyte Wink
Ivan

Ivanℤ
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 am

Digginerup I did not write my post to win your approval, but to make it clear to Ivan that finding gold in Australia is not as easy as it may sound. Very Happy
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 am

And I did not suggest that my approval was in any way required, but simply as stated I liked your Motto better than your post.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Ivan
You will never,never know if you never,never go.At 22 whats to lose and the experience will stay for a lifetime.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi Ivan and welcome to the forum.
You have a great idea but so many obstacle in front of you.
I would not think the money is your biggest problem in this dream of yours.

Will try to explain what i would do if i was you:

An idea is already there so plan is to go to Australia and detect for a few weeks.

Firstly I would call French embassy in Australia.

http://www.ambafrance-au.org/

You can talk in your native language and they would be able to give you lot of informations about Australia.
(this is not a trip down to French Riviera, this is 20000+km trip).

Not sure where you want to go detecting but you would need a Miners Right -license to detect here.(let us know where would you like to go and will provide more information for you).

If you decide to go to Western Australia i am advising you that going there alone for you is a Mission impossible.(and for lot of us)
I would think to get in touch with a few people and do the trip together and split the costs-preferably that someone in a group is a Local.
There is lot of cost involved: from Air fare, 4 Wheel drive, supplies, detecting equipment etc etc.We are talking quite a bit of money.
Some people come from Europe and buy all of this, detect few months sell everything and go back.Doing it this way the cost is not big but you need that initial capital.

If i was you i would work on this plan and maybe not rush into it.Get a part time job or a seasonal job and start saving for this adventure.
Get a little financial plan to make this trip possible.Inquire if any other people would love to do the trip.
I would say go for it but do it properly and get prepared properly.

This is one of the most amazing country you will ever see but one with some of the most deadliest creatures on earth.
Wishing you a good luck and dont look back, make it happen.You will love every minute of your adventure.

GoldEN
PS.If you can get a business visa to work here apply for this job:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/tourism-australias-six-best-jobs-in-the-world-in-detail/story-e6frfq80-1226590133752 Q08

We are the best country in the world by far (gold is just a bonus)

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:19 pm

This Frenchman did ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRDFosG5VHM&feature=player_detailpage
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm

....but did you notice, he didn't fill his hole. Damn tourists, come over here, take all our gold and then leave holes for us to break our legs in. Next time I go to France, I'm going to dig a hole near the Eiffel Tower and then just leave it unfilled and walk off... Q21
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanℤ Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:21 am

@ "CostasDee" --> It's your opinion, but it's sad...
Thank you "golden" for your post. In deed, the adventure... It's the first thing what I'm looking for. The problem is the time... I have only 3 weeks for my holidays, and if I add the price of billet, the bed, the car..., it's very expensive. But, I think it will be a incredible experience, so I'll try realise this project Very Happy

Ivanℤ
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 am

Sorry Ivanz, it was a poor attempt at a joke. I'm not really going to dig a hole near the Eiffel Tower, it was a comical line from an oldish movie and I said it as humour, but thinking about it now, in bad taste. Appologies.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 am

cheers I liked your humour costas !!!! After all it's not like you said you were going to explode a nuclear device on an nearby atoll !!!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanℤ Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:30 am

In any case, the Eiffel tower will disturb the detector... Razz

Ivanℤ
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Ivanℤ wrote:In any case, the Eiffel tower will disturb the detector... Razz
lol! lol! lol! lol!

Q28 Now that's some funny ****!!!.... Wink where are the humour police when ya need em eh? Rolling Eyes Q16

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Ahhhhh knock it down !!!!! It was only a tempory tower in the first place !!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Need answers... Empty Re: Need answers.

Post  sandy2010 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Ivanℤ wrote:In any case, the Eiffel tower will disturb the detector... Razz

*****Point, set and match............Vive la France.

c/d and Ark off to the Bastille.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Hau hau mon ami ! Viva la revolution !!!! study

Back to top Go down