Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibboburra or WA Goldfields!

3 posters

Go down

Tibboburra or WA Goldfields! Empty Tibboburra or WA Goldfields!

Post  YibiDavid Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 pm

I was wondering if anyone has been to " Tibbooburra " recently. I have heard it has been a good area to detect in the past & may still produce some small stuff. I bought Jim Fosters CD on this place & was impressed how beautiful the landscape is s'posed to be. I live in Brisbane & I am not sure if I should go there or just head for WA, or even do both , obviously when it gets cooler, WA seems to be the last frontier? Anyones opinion would be welcomed Tibboburra or WA Goldfields! Icon_question
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Tibboburra or WA Goldfields! Empty Re: Tibboburra or WA Goldfields!

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:32 pm

G'day YD, I was just reading a post about Tibboburra on another forum and by the sound of the story and the pics he has done ok.
Ya know the old saying though....If you never go you'll never know!
I used to always ask about area's but now I just do them. Every-ones results are different, one cracker spot for one bloke might be a nightmare for another.
Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi YB

You will hear a lot of stories about every goldfield and the main ones I have heard is that there is only small pieces to be found. The same goes for the West. Just make sure you have the experience to detect, and just go. As was said, you will never know till you go. Just make sure you have some company with you and do further research on the forums and what you read.

You may be the lucky one to say - yes I found an oz but the next person may not find anything at all. Every goldfield has been done over so it depends on your expertise, confidence and luck.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Tibboburra or WA Goldfields! Empty Tibooburra here I come

Post  YibiDavid Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks for your honest opinions, I feel more confident already. If I get my finances organised before winter I definately will be heading to n/w NSW.--- To Goldstalker; Could you provide me with that forum about Tibooburra, I used to live in Melbourne but never owned a detector back then, I shifted to QLD in 1979. Thanks again & all the best for 2010 Tibboburra or WA Goldfields! Icon_cool
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 pm

I've sent you a PM mate.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down