Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any other brand than Minelab

+2
Qld Sandy
artrix
6 posters

Go down

any other brand than Minelab Empty any other brand than Minelab

Post  artrix Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi I am just lurking around at the moment and I know absolutely nothing so please bear with me. I was wondering if any other brand of detector ie Garrett are any good for Australian conditions.
cheers

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

any other brand than Minelab Empty Re: any other brand than Minelab

Post  Guest Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:48 pm

artrix wrote:Hi I am just lurking around at the moment and I know absolutely nothing so please bear with me. I was wondering if any other brand of detector ie Garrett are any good for Australian conditions.
cheers

Just read through the posts on this and almost any other gold detecting forum you like and take notice what machines are being used. Mostly you will notice its Minelab and its is just the different models that that get the most disscussion.

Some of the other brands are very good coin/relic machines for beachs and parks but struggle a bit (or a lot) in the mineralised soils of a gold field.

If its gold your after, I reckon a Minelab machine is what you will want.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:19 pm

cheers Dave for that input.... I appreciate you sharing your knowledge

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:12 pm

You could probably hold off to buy one of the "VAPOUR DETECTORS" supposedly going to ba all-seeing, all-doing, all-asskicking machines which should be available before we both expire in this century any other brand than Minelab Icon_redface , or you could get any of the Minelab models that spin your wheels and actually find some gold. any other brand than Minelab Icon_cheers

Sorry but I just couldn't resist that. any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol Please accept my humble apologies on behalf of those that think they can do it. any other brand than Minelab Icon_clown
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:45 pm

I agree with EVERY WORD that Qld sandy wrote any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:31 am

Gday artrix

About the only Garrett Pi machine that is available that people have used in the goldfields is the Garrett Infinium Ls, and from the reports I have heard it struggles with the high mineralisation, and is not so good on the more commonly found small gold nuggets.

The other vlf machines that are commonly used are the Whites GMT and the Goldsnoop pro, at the end of the day you get what you pay for so you cant really expect any of these machines to perform like even a mid range minelab pi machine.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 pm

cheers for all the opinions

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:43 am

Qld Sandy wrote:You could probably hold off to buy one of the "VAPOUR DETECTORS" supposedly going to ba all-seeing, all-doing, all-asskicking machines which should be available before we both expire in this century any other brand than Minelab Icon_redface , or you could get any of the Minelab models that spin your wheels and actually find some gold. any other brand than Minelab Icon_cheers

Sorry but I just couldn't resist that. any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol Please accept my humble apologies on behalf of those that think they can do it. any other brand than Minelab Icon_clown

I withdraw my apologies for the any other brand than Minelab Icon_clown forum. They will be that far behind the leader shortly that their vapour detector will evaporate into greenhouse gasses like water vapour. any other brand than Minelab Icon_razz any other brand than Minelab Icon_razz

Apologies to all others for being a diehard realist though. I wonder if the a$$kicking detector will need carbon credits. Hahahahahahaaha. Apologies agin for winding the clock. any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Geez Bloke
A bit like Cruise and Nicholson.You want the truth,you cant handle the truth.The last new machine test I went to was a farce.It couldnt handle and edge of 10mm without screaming.Yet seeing this a guy there was interested in buying one.Those new to detecting are the most vunerable.There are great choices now from the sd2000 right thru to the GPX4500.If anything better does come out the whole community will know in a week.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:51 pm

I was talking to an old fellow in the Laverton caravan park last winter. He had a Whites detector and he said that compared to his old 3500 ( that he was sorry he had sold ) it was a pretty hopeless.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am

Jigalong wrote:I was talking to an old fellow in the Laverton caravan park last winter. He had a Whites detector and he said that compared to his old 3500 ( that he was sorry he had sold ) it was a pretty hopeless.
Jigalong

Was that a Whites Pulse Scan TDI he had or a Whites VLF machine ??

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:45 am

Beer Beaper,

I don't know. I just remember he was quite upset about what he had done.

I guess it was a stupid, vague post of mine. I am sorry I made it, as there is possibly some good and some bad Whites detectors.

Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:32 pm

Qld Sandy wrote:
Qld Sandy wrote:You could probably hold off to buy one of the "VAPOUR DETECTORS" supposedly going to ba all-seeing, all-doing, all-asskicking machines which should be available before we both expire in this century any other brand than Minelab Icon_redface , or you could get any of the Minelab models that spin your wheels and actually find some gold. any other brand than Minelab Icon_cheers

I withdraw my apologies for the any other brand than Minelab Icon_clown forum. They will be that far behind the leader shortly that their vapour detector will evaporate into greenhouse gasses like water vapour. any other brand than Minelab Icon_razz any other brand than Minelab Icon_razz

Apologies to all others for being a diehard realist though. I wonder if the a$$kicking detector will need carbon credits. Hahahahahahaaha. Apologies agin for winding the clock. any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted

Clock winding is complete. Seems like it worked. Rum anyone???? any other brand than Minelab Icon_tongue any other brand than Minelab Icon_tongue any other brand than Minelab Icon_tongue
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi Atrix try this guy,pennyweight@dodo.com.au he's been offering a PI machine in kit form or built at a price going on his email.
Rodger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:44 pm

Rodger Dayle wrote:Hi Atrix try this guy,pennyweight@dodo.com.au he's been offering a PI machine in kit form or built at a price going on his email.
Rodger

oh geez! you just made gin & tonic come out my nose! any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:11 am

Rodger Dayle wrote:Hi Atrix try this guy,pennyweight@dodo.com.au he's been offering a PI machine in kit form or built at a price going on his email.
Rodger

Coughing...coughing...spluttering---spluttering... any other brand than Minelab Affraid any other brand than Minelab Affraid any other brand than Minelab Affraid

Yeah, let us know if he answers you. any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol any other brand than Minelab Icon_lol

Robert

P.S. Rodger, may I suggest getting a second opinion on this bloke

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi Robert,

I think even a 3rd opinion might be in order !
Hey Atrix, see what we are getting at ! Don't trust Pennyweight as far as you can throw him !

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 am

Good day All'
the reason you cannot find him is he is probably at the bottom of the harbour with lead boots. any other brand than Minelab Icon_twisted
Cheers Greg.

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down