Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bungys and straps

3 posters

Go down

Bungys and straps Empty Re: Bungys and straps

Post  Nightjar Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Our bungees are hooked up to both "D" shackles with the use of two short loops. This puts the load on both shoulders, lessens the tendency for shoulder strap slipping off when you bend down, and swinging a 20" coil all day does not cause any great discomfort. Even my little lady manages the same size coil for an average 8 hour day.
We do have hipsticks, however only ever use them when we are patch hunting and moving and swinging at an advanced speed.
See so many lugging a huge pick around balanced on their shoulder, Bungys and straps Icon_scratch each for their own, but, when the average target is only 100/150mm deep sure don't see the need. Bungys and straps Icon_smile

Cheers
Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Bungys and straps Empty straps and bunjy's

Post  Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi All,
Here's one to try, if you play golf grab the carry strap off the bag and hook the clip onto the bracket at the back, just above the battery and throw the strap over your left shoulder and hook your bunjy up to what ever hole sets the right length for you. This set up balances you better and the weight pulls from the back where the battery is, the swing is longer and it doesn't try to hunch your shoulders up, i have progressed from this set up and wouldn't go back to the clostrephobic overtheshoulderboulderholders if you paid me to.
There is no unhooking of the bunjy everytime you bend over, just slip it off your shoulder and get the machine out of the dust and dirt,this takes a bit of getting used to, the swing pattern is different and it will want to slip off your shoulder but your body works out how to keep it up and you won't look back, one other thing it's a lot cooler.
Regards Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:17 am

What other rigs to people have?
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Wife and I use the SD series type back packs hers is the Minelab Green with the shoulder straps connected across the upper chest for CB on one side and Amp/Speaker on the other. Chest strap also shares the weight on the Bunjy. Bunjy is connected to the left shoulder with dectector on RH. I have the JP version (from memory) of the same back pack but in desert colours not Minelab green colours (prefer dark green Minelab). Bunjy is on the same shoulder as the detector. Backpacks have spare GPS Batteries, Water etc etc.

Both use long handle picks, pointee end made out of car spring and scrape end out of a section of plough disc. I dig one handed and change over digging and detecting side/hands to spread the load over time, and carry the pick over my shoulder. SWMBO digs 2 handed and carrys her pick in her belt.

Peter

Back to top Go down

Bungys and straps Empty re bungy,s and straps

Post  spidertice Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi
I use a camelback backpack with a 3 liter water bladder, i find the pockets on the b/pack hold more stuff and its seperated in its own little section, eg, elastic bandage few little spare, plastic washs bolts etc, and i now use a hipstick fulltime, due to having stuffed elbows and shoulder, it doesnt worry me having to disconnect the bungy, i did cut the tounge so it just sits into the d ring, and i always use a BIG pick, you dont have to use as much effort as with a little pick, Atm ive got a cc pick which is about as heavy as the walco but the handle is shorter
spidertice
spidertice
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum