Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN

Go down

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN Empty THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 am

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN

Made in Phoenix Arizona

Ok your thinking what is so good about this gold pan that a post is done about it. First up the guy who came up with the design was way ahead of his time with the design. The pan is 16 inches wide at the top and 9 & ½ at the base with a 6 inch by ¼ V shape drop, and is usually blue in colour. Alas the production of this pan stopped when the designer and manufacture passed away some years back but from time to time the pans still pop up second hand.
This pan was and is the best Back Wash cleanup pan I have ever used due to the V drop and wideness of the base which allows you to run your water both left and right around the rim to clap dead centre over the wash concentrate in the V Drop. At the same time tilting the pan back so the water draws off the black sands with very little movement from the micro sized gold.
The next best pan is the Garrett Super Sluice pan had this pan been made with the V Drop it would have been a perfect pan but it dose not. This pan due to the wide base it has is also a good pan for clean up, but from time to time you will get movement of micro sized gold which needs pushing back to the top of the pan. I run the water both left and right around the rim to clap dead centre over the wash whilst tilting the pan slightly back towards me, in the same style as I did in the Gold King Pan.
If the pans you are using have a small base it is very difficult to do your final cleanup in the above manner. The colour of your pan is also very important Black is out for a clean up pan you can not see the black sands very well at all. But they are great as testing pans cheap and robust.
I now have a Gold King pan once more happy days. And I only use it as my clean up pan. I must send a special thank you to Joe without him I would not have the pan. So the long and short of it all is. If you see a pan like this for sale second hand grab it you will not be disappointed in it.

Cheers
James 101

The Gold King Pan

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN TheGoldKingPan

The Bottom of the pan.

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN Bottomofthepan

Back wash

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN 1_zpse695821c

End result from back wash.

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN Untitled

Plastic gold pan’s.

http://www.thefind.com/kitchen/info-plastic-gold-pan#page=1&local=0

I first posted on the Gold King pan here. I have updated that post and moved it to the panning section.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t5450-the-gold-king-gold-pan

© J.B 2013
I withhold permission for this article to be cut and pasted or duplicated onto any other web site. ( without my express permission !)

Back to top Go down

THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN Empty Re: THE GOLD KING GOLD PAN

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 am

There is no feeling like having a friend boast about a small gift you have sent. True, others helped along the way, but it all came together in the end.

The sense of accomplishment is soooooo good. cheers

Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

Looks like a nice pan, i also use a garret super sluice pan 90% of the time and love the large base. I know you say it works great with a cleanout but was wondering how it compares with the super sluice with just normal panning?

And Joe, good on ya for sharing the wealth cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 am

KAEOJ wrote:There is no feeling like having a friend boast about a small gift you have sent. True, others helped along the way, but it all came together in the end.

The sense of accomplishment is soooooo good. cheers

Joe

Joe thank's you are indeed a true mate. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:32 am

shivan wrote:Looks like a nice pan, i also use a garret super sluice pan 90% of the time and love the large base. I know you say it works great with a cleanout but was wondering how it compares with the super sluice with just normal panning?

And Joe, good on ya for sharing the wealth cheers

I was using the Gold King for many a year but when my pan broke and I was unable to replace it with another. The Garrett was my cleanup pan until Joe found that pan for me. They have been out of production now for many a number of years and are extremely hard to get. Hence the reason I only use it as a clean up pan. The comparison to the garret for me is the same, but I have no trouble with the cheap black pans either. So I guess it is hard to say but what I can say there is no pan made that can equal it when doing a back wash clean up.

James 101

Back to top Go down

Post  Rangirocks Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Why don't u take it to an injection moulder and find out how much it would be to make a mould, maybe with improvements
Could be a good business
Rangirocks
Rangirocks
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Thousands of dollars! To small a population to even consider it! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:04 am

Rangirocks wrote:Why don't u take it to an injection moulder and find out how much it would be to make a mould, maybe with improvements
Could be a good business

Good thinking mate i will check around. But i have a feeling Ark is right. cheers James

Back to top Go down