Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shoalhaven

3 posters

Go down

shoalhaven Empty shoalhaven

Post  goldfox Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi All,
Been panning before many years ago..just retired near shoalhaven area..planning to head to Yalwa and Oallen to get started in the area. Must be plenty of fgresh places to search out once im back in the saddle...any advice much apprecioated.

goldfox
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

shoalhaven Empty Re: shoalhaven

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 pm

G'day Goldfox and welcome to the forum... Sorry I do not know about areas up your way... Wish you good luck for your return back into this great hobby... Very Happy I am sure there would be other members on here that could help you...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

shoalhaven Empty welcome mate

Post  philip.j.thompson Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Yalwah as far as I know is no-go, now a national (disgrace) park - my opinion. I believe Oallan is still accessable. Have not been there for a while. Sure others closer will help.
regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

shoalhaven Empty Re: shoalhaven

Post  Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:24 pm

G'day goldfox, like Phil said, most of Yalwal is national park or heratige area now Sad Oallen is still accessable but has seen alot of work. Great place to find a little colour and meet some great people cheers

Back to top Go down

shoalhaven Empty Oallan Ford

Post  philip.j.thompson Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Must be getting old. Apart from camping and fossicking down there a while ago, 15 -20 yrs, we also went white water rafting from Oallan for my wifes 40th 13 yrs ago. From memory the mob had egress about 10 k's down the gorge. Do they still exist, I don't know, I do know there were plenty of beaches. natural rock traps across the river etc. Who knows you may be able to negotiate access
regards phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

shoalhaven Empty your lucky day

Post  mark garrett Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:06 pm

I live in this part of the world huge gold field
my email tedspudon@hotmail .com

I will send you some maps.

jack lange found 15 ouncer close to oallan forde
I know places of good gold from around braidwood up to 16 ounces . I will send you some mud maps . your lucky day .
mark garrett
mark garrett
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2012-11-19

Back to top Go down