Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold ore & gold precipitating problem

2 posters

Go down

Gold ore & gold precipitating problem Empty Gold ore & gold precipitating problem

Post  happyprince Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 am

Hi,
I have some gold ore and actually it is very rich in gold.(It was tested and high amount of gold found in it.)however when I dissolve gold in aqua regia I by no means could not precipitate the gold in the Aqua regia.I tried every method and chemicals but no use.Then I tried mercury method and got good amount of gold.However when I did the same method second time,I could not get any gold.I used the same ore and the same method.(First boiled in nitric acid,etc.)I do not know why it did not work.I tried many times but no way.I used the same mercury when I got the gold first time.Might it be the reason?Can anybody help me either in precipitating gold in Aqua Regia or mercury method?Any help will be highly appreciated.(I used sodium metabisulfite,ferrous sulphate,etc.to precipitate)Thanks a lot...

happyprince
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Gold ore & gold precipitating problem Empty Re: Gold ore & gold precipitating problem

Post  rc62burke Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Happy
Welcome, is your gold free gold or is it locked in sulphides?
Have you crushed your rock to a powder?
Maybe post your full proccess so we can make sure that there is nothing that you have missed, to me it sounds like your mercury has picked up all the free gold?
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Gold ore & gold precipitating problem Empty the photos

Post  happyprince Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:09 am

Hi,
The gold is free.I tried to crush it to powder as much as I can.Could you give me a better idea about getting it?I do not know how to attach photos on this forum.I actually have photos also.Thanks a lot...

happyprince
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Gold ore & gold precipitating problem Empty Re: Gold ore & gold precipitating problem

Post  rc62burke Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 am

Hi Harry
If your gold is free the merc should pick it up, your merc may be saturated so you need to retort it, have you done the AR digest before? it sounds like there is a problem with your proccess?
As far as pics go you need to upload them from a site like photobucket, there is a good tutorial for this done by Stoppsy so use the search function at the top right & search for posting photo's.
Good luck.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down