Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day fellow Prospector's

3 posters

Go down

G'day fellow Prospector's Empty G'day fellow Prospector's

Post  Dazla Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi everyone,
My story,
I have been getting into this fascinating hobby more and more for the last 2 yrs now. I have been to a few gem festivals, went out to swipers gully found a couple topaz. Went down to Glen Innes last year and found a few sapphires around Bullock Mountain. A couple of fossils on the way to Connelly dam on the side of the road. I own a Bounty Hunter land star detector, tried a couple of places but not too hard. I haven't found much, just junk and $1.50 in change.

I went out to Glendon bought a pan and went for a look around the property. I didn't know much about the process, so went to a likely hole in the creek put a couple of scopes of in my pan, went down to the dam and found nothing. I had a go a couple of times with no result . I got home, got on the net, done some research and found out were I went wrong . I found out about our public fossicking sites and headed to Gympie for a weekend, also nothing. Back out to Thanes I went, again no luck.

Until recently I haven't tried too hard, mainly enjoying to trip, camping, meeting new people, exploring Mother Nature and this beautiful land we have at our doorstep.

A couple of months ago, I went for another trip out to Warwick / Stanthorpe for a fossick around the gem / mineral fields and ended up running into one of the friendly locals who granted me permission on his land. I headed back out there for another go, a couple of weeks ago, finding my first bits of the yella stuff! Soaking it all in and finding a couple of flakes, and on the very last pan, a nice little clinker, for a bit of lazy digging was the best trip yet.

I look forward to meeting / chatting to fellow prospector, fossickers, rockhounds that are keen about it just like me to head out for a scratch sometime.

May everyone finds what they’re looking for!
Darryn.
Dazla
Dazla
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

G'day fellow Prospector's Empty Re: G'day fellow Prospector's

Post  getascripter Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 pm

G'day Dazzla! Kate here from SA. Welcome to the forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm into detecting, but have often thought I really should get a pan and put it with my gear ... just in case! Anyway, there's plenty of members here from QLD so am sure you'll get to chat and possibly meet up with quite a few members. Some of us are quite sane ... except for our gold hunting madness Very Happy affraid Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  corbiii Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey mate

I'm a newbie from brisbane. Where abouts are you located?

Would definitely be keen to head out and have a muck around on the pans.

Let me know!

Cheers,
Corbi

corbiii
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

G'day fellow Prospector's Empty Re: G'day Fellow Prospector's

Post  Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:06 pm

G'day Dazla, Corbi and wellcome to the forum.... Very Happy May all your finds be golden...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Dazla Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Thanx for the welcome Kate, Corbi, Mike.

For sure, It would be great to have a dig or a swing sometime with fellow members. I've got a homemade sluice but i need running water.
I usually head out on the spur of moment so ill keep posted.
Dazla
Dazla
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:51 pm

G'day Dazla, Corbi and wellcome to the forum

I hope you enjoy it here and find what your looking for, both here and out in the paddock, good luck with it.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down