Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas

+4
madmaverick
getascripter
AnnieL
secret squirrel
8 posters

Go down

News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas Empty News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas

Post  secret squirrel Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Update re new state forest prospecting areas for Qld.
I have just received a reply from the Director General.
Here are some relevant parts of the letter:

I am pleased to advise that I have instructed officers of my department to work in partnership with the Department of natural resources and Mines ( NRM) to develop a strategic approach the the release of new areas for fossicking in Queensland.
In response, officers have commenced a detailed mapping exercise to identify areas of high value prospecting opportunity throughout the State, in consideration of a number of issues including, but not limited to:
-excisting declared fossicking general permission areas
-State forest now under licence with Hancock's Forest Plantations Qld
-exploration and mining tenure
-other lessee interests
-tourism routes
-enviromentally sensitive areas

This analysis will potentially identify a number of new opportunities for fossicking, and, subjetc to the agreement of other interested parties(i.e leaseholders), allow me to grant general permission to the mining registrar for fossicking on new sites in State forests.

It is envisaged that further consultation will be held with fossicking representatives to develop new standard conditions for the use of these forest areas and the conduct of fossicking operations{i.e tools, equipment and camping) . These conditions will then guide the gradual release of new sites over time, allowing for the consent of other parties to be obtained and the installation of signage or information for forest users.
...........I can advise that my department has recently completed an analysis of the Durakai and Talgai State Forests, in the Southern Downs, and I anticipate that the creation of new fossicking opportunities in these forests will occur shortly.

well guys, I hope this will be just the beginning for all those who have had to put plans on hold for many years now to legally fossick in Qlds state forests. Let's hope we will soon be able to acquire more areas all over Qld.......
Nevertheless, this is just a foot in the door and we need to keep showing positive support , let's also try and PLEASE do the right thing when we are out and about , no matter where in this beautiful country of ours, FILL IN YOUR HOLES !

Happy Swinging Guys....... Smile
cheers Andrew ( SS) cheers

Further details will be posted as they come to hand Wink
secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas Empty Re: News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas

Post  AnnieL Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:47 pm

That's great news, Andrew. Thank you for your efforts. Very Happy

Annie
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas Empty Re: News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas

Post  getascripter Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Could ADMIN please post a duplicate of this somewhere VERY PROMINENT

I think this is a GIANT STEP FORWARD and deserves the attention of EVERYONE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A massive congratulations to all who put in the time and effort to help get the ball rolling ... and kept it rolling bounce
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas Empty News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas

Post  madmaverick Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

hi Andrew, on behalf of all prospectors I thank you for all your efforts and hard work to enable the establishment of new legal prospecting areas in QLD, m8 you are a true gem to us all, take care and catch up real soon

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm

x 22 million.........

Great to se a Doer at work as opposed to a talker........ great work, I will shout if we ever meet cheers
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

News Flash- New QLD Prospecting Areas Empty Fan-bloody-tastic: gold medal effort

Post  Imadogman Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Well done -- more sane approach north of the border may help us mexicans south of the border. Excellent effort. Commendable. Gold Medal. cheers cheers cheers
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  secret squirrel Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:54 am

Many thanks for evreybody who has supported this so far, I would just like to mention that I don't deserve full credit here for this as I was spured on by Wazza's post about trying to get more ground made available in SE Qld...So Wazza is another to be commented for his effords so far.......I had already made several attempts with the previous government without getting any proper response, so this time I thought we might as well have another bash to see if this new "DAN DO" government can really do something for us prospectors. So far, things look promising, not just for us but also for other groups and people with interests to pursue their hobbies and lifestyle in the great outdoors of Qld. It looks very much like this new government is finally starting to see the benefits which will flow on from this in many ways.
A lot of work goes in behind the scenes which hopefully will allow us more freedom which we should be entitiled to. We will never achieve anything if we just talk about things ....I believe in this...never put off till tomorrow what you can do today !
Wink
Hopefully , soon I will be able to post some more info in regards to this and we can make plans to visit newly opened areas for prospecting in Qld.
Thanks to all, happy swinging, cheers Andrew Smile

secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Well done mate .............. thanks for your efforts

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:26 pm

The Quad Bike guys are right into this too.....good on everyone for making this happen
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  feralslug Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Crumbs eh! The squirrel triumphs where men fail. Well done little fella!

feralslug
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-20

Back to top Go down