Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8

Go down

Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8 Empty Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8

Post  v_ken79 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 am

Hi all,
My name is Ken i live in Perth but i have a gr8 job i am a oversize pilot so i pritty much get paid to drive and camp around Australia and the biggest problem with that apart from beeing away from my wife and 2 kids is that i sit all day and drive (no exersize lol) so i got thinking about a new hobby 1 that i could do while i am on the road.
In the last year i have driven 220,000kms all over the place and a few prospectors have caught my eye as i have been driving around (that got me thinking)
So the reserch started looking in to detecting and all aspects of it.
i have been sandbaging on this site for 2 months now reading all the gr8 posts and finaly now that i have decided to commit (I joined Smile
I have been doing quite a bit of reserch and it seems as thow i have come up with a few detectors that i have in mind looking at the minelab 3500 or gpx4000 i would buy one tonight if anyone had 1 lol! i am ready to go but dont have the time to go to any of the prospecting shops so i am affraid that whatever i buy will be quokka or internet sale at night i do some pritty nasty hours but have the perfict job for this hobby as i have heaps of time on the road and allways passing buy hotspots to pull up whenever i want.
I am not jumping in to this thinking that i am going to find heaps and if i dont find anything at all then oh well (as i said need the exersize) lol but this does excite me as it is somthing that i am shure i will enjoy.
Funny but is I started reserching and went threw all diffrent types and makes of detectors and price just kept going up lol and decided on ether the minelab 3500 or 4000.
So any input/advice on to a newb starting off with one of these would be fantastic and appreciated.

cheers FANTASTIC forum and i am STOKED to be here hope to chat to you all soon
Ken sunny

v_ken79
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8 Empty Re: Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Ken and welcome...I'm only 2 years experienced in this game, but for my money if you really want to find gold, the GPX 4500 or 5000 models are the way to go. A little more costly (you could prob. pick up a 4500 secondhand for around $4000-4500 with coils etc.) but like anything in this life, you get what you pay for. The 3500 and 4000 would be OK too, but just keep in mind that a lot of ground has been already been gone over and over with the 45's and 5's, finding many targets missed by the 35's and 4's, so your chances are more limited with the older models. Saying this, you still have to walk over gold to find it and there always seems to be little patches around that others have missed. You do have to put in the time though...good luck with it anyway, don't forget to look around you and just enjoy the riches nature offers as well... flower

Back to top Go down

Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8 Empty Re: Hi all :) my 1st post any advice would be gr8

Post  v_ken79 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Cheers for that when I started looking at detectors I started with the eureka minelab then went to the 3000 to the 3500 to the sd and finally had to draw the line at the 4000 I am looking at one today if I get enough time from a dealer the price is $3500 hopefully that price ant bad lol
Thanks for the advice Smile

v_ken79
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:38 pm

G'day v_ken ... Welcome Very Happy

The best advice that any of us can give you is "buy the best that you can afford". I personally am running an old SD2000 with 3 mods ... it STILL finds the magic yellow!!!

I bought it 'sight unseen' via eBay from a lovely guy in VIC, and picked it up whilst on the Laancoorie Weekend.

The ONE basic rule of gold detecting .... ya gotta walk over it first!! affraid

Enjoy! Have fun! Get a bit of exercise! And don't forget to WALK OVER IT lol! lol! lol!
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  v_ken79 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Yay 4 me just bought a gpx 4000 and got a heap of spares with it like an extra coil carry bag booster headphones external speaker and carry bag and 6mts warranty for $3500 then I bought a pick and the jp gpx4000 DVD.
WOooo HOooooooo
now all I need is work out how 2 use it lol

v_ken79
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:26 pm

WooHoo for you!!! That's brilliant!! Practise! Practise! Practise!
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  v_ken79 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:11 am

Yeah can't wait to get out there.
I started to watch the JP DVD lastnight but fell asleep half way threw it lol I was so knackerd from work but it looks like I will half to watch it a few times b4 I go out anyway WOW information overload lol

v_ken79
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum