Salt Lake coils for GPX 5000

Go down

Salt Lake coils for GPX 5000 Empty Salt Lake coils for GPX 5000

Post  Rege-PA on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 am

Want to give some salt lakes a go, any suggestions on which coils would work the best on the 5000?

Rege-PA
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Salt Lake coils for GPX 5000 Empty Re: Salt Lake coils for GPX 5000

Post  Coiltek Manufacturing on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi,
If you are keen on the Salt lakes then I can highly recommend our Anti-Interference coils which were specifically designed to work on the salt lakes.

These are a hybrid between a mono and DD and have excellent sensitivity and depth.

To run these coils on the GPX I suggest to run in normal mode with a sharp timing. You can also flick over to mono mode when not on the lakes for a bit of added sensitivity.

These are made in 11" , 14" and 17x11" coil sizes and will do the job perfectly.

I hope this helps
Regards and good luck
Trevor
Coiltek Manufacturing
Coiltek Manufacturing
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:31 am

Gday

The "anti interference" coils are great on the salt lakes but I believe they were originally designed for use when detecting close to high voltage power lines, so also if you have areas that you have found it near impossible to detect due to noise from power lines, electric fences, emi etc, then thats also another good reason to have one.

Someone discovered that they are very capable for use on salt lakes, and I have used several sizes in the past and they do work much better than anything else available, I still carry one in my kit not that I use it much on salt lakes but from time to time you can also encounter some interesting ground that even the gpx detectors cant handle with a mono no matter what the settings, and if thats in a known gold bearing area then being able to detect it properly can be well worth your while.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Salt Lake coils for GPX 5000 Empty salt lake coils for gpx 5000

Post  garry on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm

hi trevor
tried the sharp setting on the 4500 with the 11 inch ai coil up at the lease easter time couldnt believe the difference it made to the signal
responce on the small gold. top coil for working gypsum and salty ground.

garry
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Wedge on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 pm

stayyerAU,

What size AI coil do you have and how would you compare its performance over mineralized ground compared to a 14" round mono running in sensitive smooth?

Thanks.

Wedge
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum