Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coil Chatery

Go down

Coil Chatery Empty Coil Chatery

Post  Guest Mon May 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi All,
I have a couple coils which are little bit chatery.They do make a little signals every time they touch the grass or little branch on the ground.
I have to add that coil i am talking about are both spoke coils:
one is N/F 12 Inch mono and other is Goldstalker 14x9 mono.
I have never used the spoke coils before and i have a hard time to get use to them because of this little chatery noise.
I do keep my coils all the time on the ground so i am scraper Smile
I have Minelab4500 and would like to hear any suggestions if that is normal response or is there anything i can do to make it quiet.
I reduce the gains and stabilizer but result is quite same.Its just little too sensitive.
I have cleaned both plates.
Thanks,
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Coil Chatery Empty Re:-coil-chatery

Post  Guest Mon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

G'day Golden you hit the nail on the head it is that they are sensitive coils is the main reason they are a bit noisy, I had to send one of my 14"x9" Goldstalker coil back it was touch sensitive, I could not even touch a single blade of grass it would bang on it like a full on signal from a .22 bullet lead. Sad I told Andrew at coiltek in Maryborough about it he told me there was a faulty batch of them and he sent it back to the factory in SA they sent me a new one and I have had no problems with the new one. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Coil Chatery Empty Re: Coil Chatery

Post  Guest Mon May 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks Mike.
Mine dont have that overloading signal just that little ones when going over something-They are ok if i dont scrape the ground.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Coil Chatery Empty Re: Coil Chatery

Post  big fella Tue May 22, 2012 12:27 am

G'Day Golden
Check your Target Volume may be too high on those coils try 12,There are a lot of things that can upset things so try that,If not someone will sort it out next weekend.
Big Fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down