Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site info around Maryborough QLD

+4
Rollinhill
Middy
jinksy
John Hargrave
8 posters

Go down

Site info around Maryborough QLD Empty Site info around Maryborough QLD

Post  John Hargrave Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:46 am

Hi We are very new to gold prospecting. Been doing lots of reads on this forum. Our detector (thanks to this forum) should be arriving this week coming. Living in Hervey Bay, we were wondering if anyone could help us out with something in the nearby surrounding areas we could have our first practise. Besides back yard and beach.
Is there anything around Maryborough or surrounds. We can't wait to really get out there and give it a real go and find our first piece.
Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
John & Kathy

John Hargrave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Site info around Maryborough QLD Empty Re: Site info around Maryborough QLD

Post  Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi mate will be in Hervey Bay for a day or 2 over easter could catch up if you like to talk about prospecting I am in Bundy anyway this is my Videos I make around our area.

Back to top Go down

Post  John Hargrave Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Sent PM message, computer was very slow and had to refresh. hope it comes through
John & Kathy

John Hargrave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Back to top Go down

Site info around Maryborough QLD Empty Hello

Post  jinksy Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 am

Hi John and Kathy,

Just wanted to say hi as I am living in Maryborough and new to the area. I haven't met any other local detecting enthusiasts and don't know the history of the area enough to give you any tips on where to start looking. Hoping you may be able to help me!
I have a Sovereign GT which is not the best nugget shooter but excellent on the beaches for coins and jewelry. I am hoping to add a decent PI machine to my arsenal soon and will be looking to do weekenders to the goldfields somewhere, but still doing my research.
Anyway feel free to contact me anytime, and good luck.

Regards,
Michael

jinksy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Middy Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 am

Same, new to the forum, and new to fossicking,

Looking to buy a decent detector an get out and about, I'm currently visiting another country a close friend resides in and bringing back alluvial they are pulling out of rivers there, but my cut is minimal (after splitting 3 ways) at this stage until we can get operations going, plus it's a scary place there, would rather go for broke here,

Living in Hervey Bay, I am prepared to travel 100-250kms radius, Fraser coast and burnett.

Cheers for any info anyone can provide to an enthusiast.

Also it'd be great to meet any keen foes in this field that are local or visiting. Shout out.

Pete
Middy
Middy
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-10-28

Back to top Go down

Site info around Maryborough QLD Empty Site info around Maryborough QLD

Post  Rollinhill Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 am

Hi, you don't need to go far from Maryborough for gold Mungar area has gold so does Murgon. cheers

Rollinhill

Registration date : 2013-02-10

Back to top Go down

Site info around Maryborough QLD Empty murgon mungar

Post  dig680 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 am

Rollinhill wrote:Hi, you don't need to go far from Maryborough for gold Mungar area has gold so does Murgon. cheers

hey im from Murgon and live near Maryborough now if you could give me starting point on where to begin looking for gold at both locations it would be much appreciated as I have only just become interested in prospecting recently and need all the help I can from you as a far more experienced person in this field

dig680
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:06 pm

G,day dig680 & welcome to the forum

In the link below there is another link to a PDF book which you can download which has info about various goldfields, probably the closest to you in this one would be Warwick.

Download this and have a read, there are probably others as well that can be downloaded from the library, use google to search for more books as well.

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t4694-pdf-book-lees-william-the-goldfields-of-queensland

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:36 pm

I think there is gold at Mt Perry, west of Gin Gin.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatta71 Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:36 am

Gday guys I am just south of Maryborough and looking for ppl to detect with, I am VERY new to the game but am hoping to learn.

Chatta71
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-08-19

Back to top Go down

Site info around Maryborough QLD Empty New to Maryborough from Gympie am a keen prospector and detectorist

Post  Daz in Maryborough QLD Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:14 pm

anyone know or some good spots around Maryborough for a good dig and detect cheers

Daz in Maryborough QLD

Registration date : 2018-04-29

Back to top Go down