Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what do you think - Dinasour Footprints?

5 posters

Go down

what do you think - Dinasour Footprints? Empty what do you think - Dinasour Footprints?

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:55 pm

when i was out detecting today something cought my eye, i was in creek checking the walls and seen this.... everytine i looked at it i was thinking it was like a foot print. i got my detector mate and he said the same thing. it's not washed away like the rest off the wall and it stands out very clear...
what do you think - Dinasour Footprints? Image042
what do you think - Dinasour Footprints? Image043
what do you think - Dinasour Footprints? Image044
it's bigger than my had and there was a nother sort off print near by but worn away...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

what do you think - Dinasour Footprints? Empty Re: what do you think - Dinasour Footprints?

Post  TheH0ward Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:57 pm

yetti?
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

what do you think - Dinasour Footprints? Empty Re: what do you think - Dinasour Footprints?

Post  HueyDuck Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:04 pm

BIG CAT footprint maybe stoppy???????????? cat

HD.....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:13 pm

it's got me stumped huey, the print is in realy hard clay and the hole bit that it's on has started cracking around it.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 pm

It would be interesting to know how old it is, but i think that might be difficult to gauge.... Very Happy

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 pm

it looks old as the walls off the creek are washing away it's washed it out from inside the wall. the clay is realy hard around it. i have been down this creek heap off time and have never seen it befor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Get Horatio from C.S.I. Miami onto it. He'll solve the mystery in 1 hour, including commercials. scratch
Osama.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 pm

dinasaurius stoppsyius footprint

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly_Dirt Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:04 am

I'd say that Madtuna has been running around your patch barefoot. affraid
Fly_Dirt
Fly_Dirt
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:50 am

Some sort of wasp nest???

DINGO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 am

hi dingo could be but all the times i have been down this creek and waved the detector over these walls i have never seen a wasp around this spot.... and there was another sort off print about 30 to 40cm away from this one, but it has started to wash away from all the rain
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am

Stoppsy (Happy New Year to you mate) If it is a Dinasaur foot print, be carefull that if the Government finds out they may close the whole area off and turn it into a National Park and stop everyone from going in there. Mad and good bye gold.

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 am

happy new years to you to mate, i'v flogged this spot and i dont think there's much left but you can't cover all the ground. i'm not sure what would leave such a print, it just would be good to find out what would off left it befor the weather washess it away. i don't think i would take any off the goverment workers to show them.... it's on a mates farm so i don't know what they could do....
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 pm

can it be removed in 1 piece without breaking it?
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Fly_dirt said "I'd say that Madtuna has been running around your patch barefoot."

Good one but remember MT never takes his boots off

Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Animal print from a previous wet where its slipped slightly
on its way out of the gully.
That print set in the sun and got covered during the drought with leaves and dirt.
The latest wet has re-exposed it and washed surrounding dirt away.

What animals are in that area? You got emus?

Alan
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Undertaker wrote:Fly_dirt said "I'd say that Madtuna has been running around your patch barefoot."

Thats not really a fair assumption, cause the mass of hair/ fur he grows on a full moon busts his laces, knocks his boots and crusty socks right offa his paws/feet. cat

Last edited by ferrousfinder on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Alan WA wrote:Animal print from a previous wet where its slipped slightly
on its way out of the gully.
That print set in the sun and got covered during the drought with leaves and dirt.
The latest wet has re-exposed it and washed surrounding dirt away.

What animals are in that area? You got emus?

Alan
na no emus not sure what would off done it... i have never seen a print like this befor. it's about 1 meter from the floor off the creek. there's nothing that could cover it only the dirt and all the dirt has fallen in lumps on the ground. so it has been there for a while i think...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Undertaker wrote:Fly_dirt said "I'd say that Madtuna has been running around your patch barefoot."

too many toes for my foot!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum