Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Camry usb cable??

2 posters

Go down

2013 Camry usb cable?? Empty 2013 Camry usb cable??

Post  adrian ss Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:14 pm

Was in a 2013 Camry and there is a USB cable hanging down from the rear of the left front pax glove box. Must go somewhere aye? What is it and where is it supposed to be attached too??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

2013 Camry usb cable?? Empty Re: 2013 Camry usb cable??

Post  Axtyr Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:31 am

Adrian, it could be one of 2 things.

Being in the glove box it is most likely just a USB port to plug your phone into to charge it, or other device that uses USB such as a thumb drive to play music from through the car's entertainment system. My wife's Lancer has the same thing. It has probably popped out of it's socket inside the glove box and is now dangling down.

The other more improbable scenario is for the mechanic to plug a diagnostic device into to check error messages in the computer system that runs the vehicle. It is unlikely because that port would probably be under the dash on the driver's side of the car. That is where my old Commodore had it. I think the diagnostic port uses a different connector.

However, all vehicles are different so Toyota may well have placed the diagnostic port inside the glovebox. Google USB port inside Camry glovebox.

Happy New Year.

Regards Axtyr.

Last edited by Axtyr on Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update.)

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:29 pm

Thanks for the info.
Stuffed if I can find where this thing has detached itself from and the info on google does not refer to a usb port in the 2013 camry glove box.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 pm

I see what you mean Adrian.

I suggest you RTFM, or contact a Toyota dealership.

From what I could find the only USB port in a Camry is on the console of the entertainment system, but the pictures might be from an overseas model.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:24 am

Yes all of the pics I found were for LHD camry. I think google only knows about the northern hemisphere stuff.....A bit like the Astronomy sites I visit; They are all geared to the Northern Hemisphere. Rolling Eyes
The car I was in had an Aux USB port for phone charging plus the port that I am trying to find out what it is for and spot to shove it into.

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:43 am

So it wasn't your vehicle.

It is more likely then that it was an extra one installed by the previous owner/owner for an extra port. There are kits available to add an extra USB port in your vehicle. I hope it's not keeping you awake at night.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:58 pm

No not in the slightest mate..It is now stuffed up out of sight out of mind. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down