Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all it’s been a while

2 posters

Go down

Hello all it’s been a while  Empty Hello all it’s been a while

Post  swagman Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:20 pm

Gday everyone it’s been a while since I have been in here I got over my second hip replacement in record time was itching to get out with my detector and evo coil then along came covid but I am finally over the border and in gold county I recall someone telling me that there mate had to give up detecting after there second hip replacement but I find I can get back to my feet more easily now than before I have a gpx 4500 with a evolution 14x9 coil I have only been out with it the once and that was at Tibooburra before my hip replacement and I found a sub gram piece so I am happy with the sensitivity of the detector and coil I have just been playing around with the gain settings last couple of days seeing how far I can amp it up I am just wondering if the old fields close to dunolly are worth a try or are they flogged to death all I have is rusty metal and lead shot to date
swagman
swagman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Hello all it’s been a while  Empty Re: Hello all it’s been a while

Post  moredeep Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:02 pm

Welcome back swagman, the 4500 is a good machine, you should do alright with it.
As for the hip's and bending, I carry my pick on my shoulder that way I can have a fairly long handle and don't have to bend as much.
When I do get a deep target I get on my knees, that way I can pray and dig at the same time Laughing Laughing
I haven't had much luck in dunolly,just bad luck I guess.
Good luck cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Registration date : 2018-05-23

swagman and csgrigdog like this post

Back to top Go down

Hello all it’s been a while  Empty Re: Hello all it’s been a while

Post  swagman Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:18 pm

Great to hear from you Moredeep I also use a long handle pick I used to need it for support when I got back of the ground but I don’t now I am not here for long this trip but glad to be free again and I will be back when it’s cooler
swagman
swagman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum