Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

+2
hiluxer
Axtyr
6 posters

Go down

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Empty Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Post  Axtyr Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:53 pm

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Let it be known that on this day, January 18th in the year of 2022, that the member of our group, Bob, did finally strike gold after 3 and a half years and 3 detectors.

The massive find (which needs to be verified by the Guinness book of Records), weighs approximately 0.25 gram. Medical teams will be sent to Bob’s residence to try getting the smile off his face. His wife has said he can come home now.

There would have been much rejoicing if not for covid restrictions.

I started the day off using my SD2000 which hasn’t seen a goldfield since 2015. I wanted to test it because the ground is so hot there. I used it for about 3 hours without finding anything but it worked beautifully. After the break I used the GPZ for about 10 minutes before I found my huge piece of 0.08 gram. I put the 7000 away then piggy backed my headphones with Wayne on the 5000 and tried to guide him to distinguish proper signals and mineralization.

Moredeep went home with a small piece as well.

It was such a beautiful day to be out prospecting.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Detectist, xmas tree, hiluxer, moredeep and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. Empty Re: Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Post  hiluxer Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:46 pm

3½ years - I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate!
Well done, anyway. Every day you find a piece is a beautiful day, IMHO.

hiluxer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:29 pm

I've never seen a bloke smile so much, he was grinning like a Cheshire cat.
well done bob cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm

A great post. Thanks.

And Congrats to Bob!

Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am

Axtyr wrote:Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Let it be known that on this day, January 18th in the year of 2022, that the member of our group, Bob, did finally strike gold after 3 and a half years and 3 detectors.

The massive find (which needs to be verified by the Guinness book of Records), weighs approximately 0.25 gram. Medical teams will be sent to Bob’s residence to try getting the smile off his face. His wife has said he can come home now.

I started the day off using my SD2000 which hasn’t seen a goldfield since 2015. I wanted to test it because the ground is so hot there. I used it for about 3 hours without finding anything but it worked beautifully. After the break I used the GPZ for about 10 minutes before I found my huge piece of 0.08 gram. I put the 7000 away then piggy backed my headphones with Wayne on the 5000 and tried to guide him to distinguish proper signals and mineralization.

Regards Axtyr.
Sounds like a great day out ,but if we don`t see any pics, it didn`t happen  Smile

Last edited by soldier of fortune on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:13 pm

Axtyr wrote:Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.

Regards Axtyr.

Many congrats to your mate Axtyr Q38 Gold is gold,no matter how small..Nothing like finding your first bit.
May the floodgates be wide open for him now cheers
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:04 pm

Okay SoF, settle down, settle down.

Here is what you have all been waiting for, the massive piece that I just managed to lift into the car.
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. FaltuV4

You will all have to wait to see Bob's piece because he isn't a member of this forum. Maybe soon now that he has found his first piece. He reads the forum occasionally but now he has a reason to join, to gloat.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Detectist, hiluxer and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down