Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget those boosters for 2022

+7
adrian ss
Nightjar
soldier of fortune
Kon61gold
mbasko
PeterInSa
deutran
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Don't forget those boosters for 2022 Empty Don't forget those boosters for 2022

Post  deutran Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:22 pm

Don't forget those boosters for 2022 Corona12
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

charliec, AnnieL and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Don't forget those boosters for 2022 Empty Re: Don't forget those boosters for 2022

Post  soldier of fortune Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:34 pm

A 5 week wait in Ballarat for them. I am not due yet.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Don't forget those boosters for 2022 Empty Re: Don't forget those boosters for 2022

Post  moredeep Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Tomorrow cheers
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:30 am

I've heard Priceline in Maryborough are doing walk ins.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:55 am

I think the big delays in ballarat are due to so many people from the town, the surrounding areas and well outside ballarat are trying to get the jab for 1st ,second and booster jabs at so few venues. Sounds like Maryborough may not have this problem.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:18 am

Having to get this booster vax is total BS. The first two shots have given ample protection.
What will happen next??? Have to get a booster every six months for the rest of our lives?? What is the real deal with this virus, is it more dangerous than what we are being told, Why this huge push to get everybody to have a booster shot.
    I don't know about other people but we have been out and about since the beginning of Covid 19; Been in pubs, supermarkets cafes, shops of all kinds, been everywhere people gather to some degree or another and still have not encountered anybody who knows somebody who has had this virus.

Myself and my wife had unpleasant reactions to the first shot. If I had not been home at the time it affected my wife she might not be here today. so it is going take some serious convincing to get us to have this next so called booster.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:31 am

Unfortunately the AZ gives no coverage to omicron variant.
A lot of us over 60's had NO choice in what we could receive.
I think it's going to be a fact of life if one wants to survive or not be rendered with long covid to have regular jabs.
Hopefully they'll develop a half yearly or yearly jab.
We have to roll with the punches on this one Adrian as this virus is ducking and weaving trying to knock us out Q14

cheers    moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:40 am

Jab or no jab, we can still catch this virus and transfer it to others.
The reason that the Omicron is spreading like wild fire is not because it is more infectious but because most lock downs and restrictions have been lifted plus international travel is permitted which in fact brought the Omicron to Australia.
Okay so even though you can still catch the flu and give it to others whether you are vaccinated or not and MILLIONS of people DIE each year from the flu, why is there not the same mad push to get everybody flu vaccinated?
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:01 am

It was made compulsory a few yew years ago for all health care workers here in vic to have the flu Jab [no jab no work]
I'm guessing each state and territory had/have different agendas.
I couldn't visit a family member in aged car with out the flu jab,it was on offer to everyone and promoted widely.
One can only lead a horse to water.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:31 am

adrian ss wrote:Having to get this booster vax is total BS. The first two shots have given ample protection.
What will happen next??? Have to get a booster every six months for the rest of our lives?? What is the real deal with this virus, is it more dangerous than what we are being told, Why this huge push to get everybody to have a booster shot.
    I don't know about other people but we have been out and about since the beginning of Covid 19; Been in pubs, supermarkets cafes, shops of all kinds, been everywhere people gather to some degree or another and still have not encountered anybody who knows somebody who has had this virus.

Myself and my wife had unpleasant reactions to the first shot. If I had not been home at the time it affected my wife she might  not be here today. so it is going take some serious convincing to get us to have this next so called booster.

A few people we know through work have had it or worked with people who have and places i shop have been shut down for deep cleaning last year ,so it is lurking.
I am personally not in favour of boosters every 4 to 6 months .

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:23 pm

For me personally it's a no brainer, avoid getting covid and or long covid at all cost.
I'd happily get  jabs in the eyeballs  V32  if it stopped me getting the rotten thing.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:12 pm

I see where Novak Duhjokealot got his medical exemption. Here is hoping he and his hanger on's go down with the virus . Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:35 pm

The Polio vaccine prevents you from getting Polio. The Whooping Cough vaccine prevents you from getting Whooping Cough and so on.
With the Covid shots you can still get Covid, that means the shots are not really a vaccine but simply a supplement like Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine.
i'll go on the pill.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:32 pm

adrian ss wrote:I see where Novak Duhjokealot got his medical exemption. Here is hoping he and his hanger on's go down with the virus . Very Happy

You need to take a new direction here Adrian don't blame the players, some clown gave him the exemption. Suspect The joker plays politics very well.

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:46 pm

That's correct butch, it wont stop you getting the virus.
But if the difference is being hit by a locomotive at full speed or a push bike, I'll take the bike any day.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Totally agree mate so why don't they release more supplements?

Follow the money.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:15 pm

Sure the Joker is a spectacular tennis player, but that is all he is. Like all the rest of them in tennis they hit a ball up and down a court and golfers and footy players whack/kick/ handball a ball around a paddock. Not really brain snapping achievements but fun to watch.
It is a matter of perspective. We all see things from different views depending on our education and upbringing.
The Joker refuses to get covid vaccinated, well that is fine it is his body, but the problem is he will be carrying the virus (it is everywhere) and so will all of his crew and without question they will transmit it to many other people after they arrive here.

Ok ! Australians are 97% vaccinated, so they will only get a little bit sick now.....Silly me, I should have thought of that earlier. Rolling Eyes
Ang on a minute; Even before the vaccinations the vast majority of people who caught the virus only got a little bit sick anyway....So why all the fuss??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:05 pm

Just had the Booster, SA residents I believe can have it after 3 months or so. Booked in last week.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:37 pm

butch wrote:Totally agree mate so why don't they release more supplements?

Follow the money.

Feel free to go to your GP butch and ask for supplements.
As seen on this forum before, we have visited the the supplement scenario on several occasions and have ended up in the same place.
We just keep going around in circles on this one.
The main thing is gents is to keep it civil as it has been thus far.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

soldier of fortune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  soldier of fortune Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:09 pm

I agree with you Moredeep. i could see this topic had potential to go off the rails this morning ,but i hope we are all more sensible than that.

Before i decided to get my first jab , i was convinced to get it by a bloke i deal with who told me his story of a compromised immune system where he nearly died many years ago and how he had to have the jab because he would die if he got a mild case of covid if he didn`t. He said getting the jab is the difference between ending up in hospital with covid or ending up in ICU. Bugger me drunk, 2 weeks later a few of his colleagues got covid and he didn`t. That was enough for me to do it. I got crook from both jabs with a stiff neck and tingling in the fingers and toes ,but i feel protected and i also get to keep my job. As i said, i am not keen on repeat jabs , but if it keeps me going ,then so be it. I am not preaching to anyone . This is just my angle on it all.

soldier of fortune
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

hiluxer and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:19 am

We are being told that at least 100.000 cases per day of the covid virus is to be expected by the end of the week???
If Australia is 97% vaccinated then why bother getting tested. The vaccine will protect us and only those who are feeling very unwell need bother to get tested or better still go to hosp..
We will not get sick due to being vaccinated, so stay away from the testing stations and allow those who are really ill get tested.

97% vaccinated and 100,000 cases per day means that 3,000,000 un-vaccinated people remain to contract this virus (and that will not actually happen)therefore in about 30 days there will be no one left to become seriously ill from covid and we can all get back to life.....Or we can become famous tennis players and we can be total dicks and not get vaccinated. Rolling Eyes   Q24
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:34 am

adrian ss wrote:I see where Novak Duhjokealot got his medical exemption. Here is hoping he and his hanger on's go down with the virus . Very Happy

Seems that this turd has had his Visa cancelled. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Don't forget those boosters for 2022 971aDon't forget those boosters for 2022 972
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

akko and soldier of fortune like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:23 am

OKay things are getting a bit out of hand .Suspect

Novak Djokovic has found himself stuck in a hotel that allegedly served meals with maggots and mould to asylum seekers in what is effectively an immigration detention centre.

After being kept at Melbourne Airport overnight and having his visa cancelled due to an “insufficient” medical exemption, the world No.1 was taken to the Park Hotel in Carlton as authorities looked to organise a flight out of the country for him.

The hotel made headlines late last year after asylum seekers shared photos of food with maggots and mouldy pieces of bread, allegedly served to those in immigration detention there.

I do not believe the bit about the maggots and mould / mold. Some twit probably scraped that out of a rubbish bin, put it on a plate  and took a pic. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:58 am

Time to get back onto topic please fellas otherwise this off topic will end up in detention.
My wife and I had the booster on Wednesday, I was fine but my wife was on the canvas the next day but now feels ok cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:44 am

Which one did you have?
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:15 am

I had the AZ to start off with followed by the pfizzer.
My wife had 3 pfizzers
Had a friend who had AZ followed by moderna booster and it knocked them.
Its a lottery.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:42 pm

Booster time here on 25/01/2022.
A mate of mine living in Vietnam had had his two vax and was due next month for booster.
However last week he was diagnosed with Covid and had three uncomfortable days not feeling the best but was not hospitalised...
Today his follow up check shows he's now clear.
Cleared to be back playing playing badminton on the 17/01.
** He's not a young fella, 75yo."

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:23 pm

It really is a spin the bottle situation,75yrs old and you survive.
A mid 20's man no medical history, power lifter doubled vaxed ,passed away from complications.
We cannot take this virus for granted.
My wife and I are in an unofficial self lockdown here, I knocked back work next week because it was indoor retail.
Personally I think we are entering the most dangerous phase of this pandemic.
We've become complacent/punch drunk/she'll be right/and quite rightly worn down from this unforgiving virus.
Just be careful everyone don't let your guard down because there's still plenty of gold to find:cheers:

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Nightjar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 pm

I thought something was missing,where's Planetcare?.Maybe he's got Covid.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next