Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Wrong With WA?

+20
mbasko
Firefly
geof_junk
davsgold
bicter
Ronnie
adrian ss
freshwater
Pebbles
Nightjar
rockhunter62
Reg Wilson
PeterInSa
Sparrowfart
Bungarra1
YibiDavid
dundiggin
granite2
Alan WA
bushranger
24 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

What's Wrong With WA? - Page 2 Empty RE: What's wrong with WA

Post  dundiggin Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:56 pm

Have only just now read the gripes, jokes and facts about WA... I too wonder the good or bad of lockdowns and other restrictions to limit covid 19 .... If only I could ask someone who died of covid how they feel about it..Perhaps we'd get a definitive answer.... Q41

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

What's Wrong With WA? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Wrong With WA?

Post  geof_junk Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:50 pm

dundiggin wrote:Have only just now read the gripes, jokes and facts about WA... I too wonder the good or bad of lockdowns and other restrictions to limit covid 19 .... If only I could ask someone who died of covid how they feel about it..Perhaps we'd get a definitive answer.... Q41

I think you are dead right..............dundigging.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:44 pm

There has been approx 90,000 deaths in Australia this year to date and 1,448 of them were due to covid 19.
Your chances of dying from covid is slim at best.

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/life-expectancy-death/deaths-in-australia/contents/leading-causes-of-death
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3902
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

What's Wrong With WA? - Page 2 Empty RE: What's wrong with WA?

Post  dundiggin Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:13 pm

well Adrian when one tumbles the numbers dying of covid is slim but whether it's slim, fat or ugly I, like the others in the ground, would rather be alive and put up with the inconviences. I would rather lose, for a time, a little freedom than lose my life which is precious to me even when having a bad run of misfortunes... Can't swing the wand in the grave/ash jar.. And I'm damn sure I'm not going to join the placard wavers, the glue stickers, or the chain yerself to a tree fraternity...Each to his own but I'm for living.... Q16 T21 T23 dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

PeterInSa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:22 am

We have a 0.008 % chance of being hit by lightning in Australia and a 0.006 % chance of dying from covid and a 0.000013 % of winning 1st Div tattslotto.
We  have a 0.7 % chance of dying for any reason this year in Australia. So at 0.006 % I don't give a stuff about covid....I gotta go to the shops, .Hmmmmmm, Now where did I put that bloody mask. Rolling Eyes pale
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:12 pm

adrian ss wrote:We have a 0.008 % chance of being hit by lightning in Australia and a 0.006 % chance of dying from covid and a 0.000013 % of winning 1st Div tattslotto.
We  have a 0.7 % chance of dying for any reason this year in Australia. So at 0.006 % I don't give a stuff about covid....I gotta go to the shops, .Hmmmmmm, Now where did I put that bloody mask. Rolling Eyes pale

Is this low because of the actions taken by most people. I guess it will be a lot lower next year due to Vaccinations.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:34 pm

The figures are for the past 12 months so I guess the vaccinations do not account for much of the past 12 months.
Be interesting to see how these covid stats change by this time next year.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:32 pm

I think when SA opens up masks will be mandated to wear. Even if that does not happen I will still wear one when out and about. for how long... don't know.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2018-11-05

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:58 pm

Mask are great, lots of benefits, as I've said before they reduce pollen intake so less hay fever.
No sunburnt schnoz.
Reduction in the common cold and flu.
I don't have to smile at people.
You can abuse people in a crowd and they don't know where it came from Laughing
I don't have to trim my nostril hairs.
The list is endless, I'm happy to wear one still, plus I still have a few boxes of them to get through cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1634
Registration date : 2018-05-23

granite2, adrian ss and Rockwall like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Mast are very well advised, however to me they are not comfortable. I will put up with them for the sake of others.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Rockwall likes this post

Back to top Go down

What's Wrong With WA? - Page 2 Empty What's wrong with W.A

Post  YibiDavid Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:21 pm

That is so cool Night jar, looks like a good place to prospect ? I bet there is a big chunk of Gold beneath the camels heads, but I guess we will never know unless someone has the permission to flatten all that rock, makes my mind curious & restless! pirat
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 pm

adrian ss wrote:We have a 0.008 % chance of being hit by lightning in Australia and a 0.006 % chance of dying from covid and a 0.000013 % of winning 1st Div tattslotto.

Every news bulletin is about Covid.
People have been terrified by the media but nobody is frightened of the flu. Very strange.

Sell your detectors, there's danger in the bush. More gold for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:26 pm

2 years on and we still have not encountered anybody who has got covid or had it...Just lucky I guess.
Where the flu is concerned I have had that once in 1987 and am still recovering.
If you think the flu is nothing then you have not had it. You have only had a cold.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Agree totally with that Adrian.
I used to get the flu consistently each season and it made me very sick but at that age back then it never even crossed my mind that it would kill me.
I have not had it since getting the flu shot annually.
My point here is, the shots are available so why is it being treated so differently? There is work being done as we speak to combine the covid19 shot with the flu shot as an annual vaccination.

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:00 am

You have to wonder. Why is this virus continually mutating/evolving. Does it mutate in just one host and then spread everywhere or does it mutate in a wide spread of different hosts at the same time or does it evolve into a different virus depending on the nature of the host?.....
   What will it eventually evolve into?? alien alien alien alien pale pale pale pale affraid affraid affraid

Unlike WA, a virus which is supposedly not a living thing, can evolve into a stronger virus more able to survive, whereas WA is definitely not a living thing and can not evolve into anything  other than a sand pit with a lockable fence around it.  Q35 Q35
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:31 am

The real people of WA are close to a revolt.
I wore a mask yesterday for the first time because chairman Mark said i would be prosecuted if i didn't. It was one of those cheap industrial ones from the hardware that didn't fit properly and i was on the verge of dehydration, but it's to protect my well being... right? Question

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:02 pm

butch wrote:The real people of WA are close to a revolt.
I wore a mask yesterday for the first time because chairman Mark said i would be prosecuted if i didn't. It was one of those cheap industrial ones from the hardware that didn't fit properly and i was on the verge of dehydration, but it's to protect my well being... right? Question

Who are the "real people of W.A"?

If anything like QLD restrictions, you're allowed to remove face mask for eating and drinking, so I doubt dehydration can be blamed on a face mask. I would expect the industrial face masks meet the requirements of W.A. regulations.
The mask wearing is not intended only to protect you, it's also intended to protect the well being of others nearby should you be infected.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:04 pm

The real people of WA are people like me and there are thousands of us.
My family is in NSW i live alone in WA, 12months before covid hit we had a family visit planned. My 3 children couldn't get across the border.

That means i haven't seen my family for 3 years. Others have no idea how that effects the real people of WA.

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:16 pm

WA wasn't alone.
QLD only came out of a similar lockout at Christmas time. We're still wearing masks to go into shops etc.
Melbourne had, if I recall correctly, one of the longest lockdowns (260 days) in the world. They weren't even allowed to leave their homes except for essential purposes. SA & NSW had similar restrictions
I believe people are still allowed to exit WA.
If the lockout (not lockdown) is affecting you to such a degree, you could always go visit your children. Plenty of job vacancies on the eastern seaboard if you cant get back into WA.
I guess it comes down to what is most important to you.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 369
Registration date : 2012-03-18

charliec, Reg Wilson and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:30 pm

immunosuppressed fellow Australian's are mighty thankful that people wear a mask.
Any one having chemo or who are compromised is some other way are sitting ducks.
Before Covid hit; the common cold and seasonal flu would put many of these people into hospital even though they themselves were wearing mask.{strong antibiotic saved them ]
Venturing into a supermarket laden with virus's is likened walking into a room full of smoke for them.
If every one wears a mask then the chance of inhaling the smoke decreases ,copping a dose of covid for these Aussies/people/humans is pretty deadly.
A lot of these people tend to become hermits just to stay alive.
And remember everyone, the mask goes above your nose too  cheers

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

charliec, bicter, Reg Wilson and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm

We still have to wear masks in the ACT while in shops and indoors in general with the exception of your own home. We do not have to wear them outside in open air and most shops will not allow anybody in if they have not scanned the QR.
The 95 grade   masks that we are wearing are truly stifling and become clogged with condensation very quickly, especially during the current high humidity 85%.

As far as the Booster vax is concerned; my wife and I were fine until we got the fizzer (fizzer coz it is a crap vax) jab about 4days ago i think, now we feel like death warmed up with a cough, runny nose, headaches, and muscle pains in every inch our bods.

My Chiro said to tell her when I have had the booster and to go and see her and she will work it out of my system. ....
Sounds interesting and might be fun. Laughing Q13
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:45 pm

I'd prefer it if my booster stayed in my system Laughing
sounds like the chiro will do well out of this? I drank plenty of h2o had no probs afterwards but hey we're all different.
And yes n95's can be challenging, I wore one for 6 hours once, they're a bit challenging

cheers   moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:03 pm

Chiro has done all right I reckon coz I have been going to her for more than 20 years. She won't let me see her more than once every 3 weeks and that she can not fix my back but will try to keep me out of hospital. ....Sounds fair to me Smile  She is a good listener and lets me unload a lot of mental garbage......Maybe that is why once in three weeks is enough,,,Takes her that long to recover from my ear-bashing. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Reg Wilson and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:23 pm

what ever works adrian,ya do what ever it takes it all helps cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

adrian ss likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Adrian, If you were a Dr of virology, I might be paying a little more attention to you concerning vaccines or covid-19, but be careful not to spread misinformation/fear. Mad
Yes, no one vaccine suits all or does it all. Yes all or any man made vaccine can have side effects on some individuals more than others, but the purpose of all or any current vaccines on the market today, are to better protect people from not only catching & or spreading a virus (such that of covid-19 or dangerous flue types), but also to prevent many a person from getting very sick & dying from such virus's.
Sadly, it is unfortunate that some people will feel the full brunt of any side effect induced or caused by any vaccine, (depending on ones genetics or underlying health conditions) but in the case of covid-19, all we could do is hope for the best or safest outcome, for the benefits of vaccines far outweigh that of any major side effects.
The main thing here concerning covid-19, is that the vaccines are saving lives, as is the wearing of appropriate surgical face masks & social distancing (when in areas of close proximity to another, or in confined spaces).
Now lets try to keep things in perspective here people & not stray to far from the main topic discussion.

Kon   T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:22 pm

Yeah fair enuff , let's get back ta knocking WA. Laughing bounce Basketball lol!
Well they are always having a go at Victorians.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:03 am

Get your passports ready if you want to travel in Australia, it's coming! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:30 pm

Butch T37 Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:51 pm

Having detected in WA I have witnessed the filthy mess left behind by some visitors (one Victorian tour operator in particular) so it is no wonder that a number of Western Australians have little time for prospectors from the eastern states.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 601
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:30 pm

The passport might be a good idea after all Reg. I should change my vote. Basketball

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next