Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there

2 posters

Go down

Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there Empty Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there

Post  PeterInSa Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:59 pm

This guys wife is a winner/partner and helper. Credit to him/her for their building work in the outback. Thanks ( came across this on Prospecting Oz)

Cannot wait to be back there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0DGUNEMkw

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there Empty Re: Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there

Post  Guest Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:06 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there Empty Re: Corner Country, Great Story and Memories if you have been there

Post  granite2 Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:29 pm

Tibooburra is one of our favorite places on the planet, as many people would already know. We don't find much there these days as we seem to enjoy just being there more than looking for gold. I have seen the hut at Tunnel hill before and after Mark rebuilt it, and a good job he did, too.

Watching his video I realized I never knew he made videos, and good ones too. I do remember an article he wrote way back in 89 or 1990 that featured a huge quartz reef. Much to my surprise I was photographing a reef at Evans Gully and I recognized that reef from the photo in Mark's article. That was my first trip to the Corner Country Goldfields nd we have been back many times since then.

The History of the district and the country is unique, I have never seen anything like it on our many travels around the goldfields of Australia. We love the place and just being there is a wonderful experience, no matter how many times you visit.

Now I must watch more of Mark's videos.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

AnnieL and bowenboi like this post

Back to top Go down