Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coffee Anyone

3 posters

Go down

Coffee Anyone Empty Coffee Anyone

Post  PeterInSa Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:15 pm

From another Forum (from memory)

Guy walks into Macca's, orders food and the checkout girl asks "do you want a seniors coffee"

Guy " How do you know I'm a Senior"

Cg " You are wearing a watch"

Me I stopped wearing a watch, 2 alarms to 2 time zones, the year I stopped working, admittingly I had a company mobile phone for the last 5 years or so of my working life.

Not into neck ornaments either, mate when he goes out has a $6k gold chain around his neck.(bought x years ago, probably worth a lot more now)

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Coffee Anyone Empty Re: Coffee Anyone

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:54 pm

G'day Pete

I can't blame you for not being into the wearing of any valuable neck ornaments, for in todays times with crime going through the roof, one would have to be very careful at what they tend to flash around. You just don't know what wrong company it might attract. Shocked

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 pm

For those of us who still wear a watch, also from the GN Forum

( SWMBO seems to have a watch for the occasion, eg Red dress Red Watch Band, Blue Dress Blue watch band dont seem to be expensive watches, but does use the watch for the time.... Not from GNF)

Below are my 7 reasons EVERY man should start to wear a watch.
1. Watches Are Convenient
Phones dont keep you punctual. Watches do.

A wrist watch is the most convenient way to tell the time.

I dont need a watch because I have a phone, is a common response from a generation who are now questioning the adverse effects of constant cellphone use. Fishing for a cell phone on regular occasions just to check the time looks desperate.

A quick glance towards your wrist is a much classier way to keep tabs on time during a date or a meeting. Not to mention how rude it would seem to your companions if you pulled out your phone during a conversation.

On other occasions where it's advisable to leave the phone concealed like the beach, a funeral, a wedding, a watch is a much more subtle and convenient way to check time.

2. Watches Are Functional
Any item inspired by the military has a functional use. Wrist watches included.

Wrist watches were first used in the 19th century by the military to synchronize maneuvers during war. Since then, specialized watches have been used in the depths of the ocean by divers and high up in the sky by aviators.

One of the big advantages of a watch especially over a smartphone is how long it can operate in the field. Many watches are made to either be self powered through motion or use a small amount of energy from a battery. Think years of maintenance free time telling..compare that to a smart phone's 8 hours!

A complicated watch is designed with features beyond the basic function of displaying the time and date. Such a functionality is called a complication. Two of the popular complications are the chronograph, which allows the watch to function as a stopwatch and the moonphase complication, which displays the lunar phase.

3. Watches Provide Simplicity
The best watches dont use the latest technology. They are powered by ingenious mechanical clockwork technology that predates electricity. So when your cellphone runs out of battery you can trust the technology that keeps running on your wrist.

When you wear a watch its less likely you will fall back on your phone as a distraction. Often, checking the phone for time results in a rabbit-trail of activities including checking every messenger app, email and Facebook.

When you need to keep track of something as important as time a unique device to measure and manage it is justified.

4. Watches Signal Style
Compliments.

The range of acceptable jewelry for a man is limited. Many men are only going to be seen with three main accessories decorating their hands a nice watch, a stylish pair of cuff links, and a simple wedding band if they're married.

In addition to helping wearers stick to their schedules, wris****ches make it easier for them to display their sense of style. They are a form of self-expression reflecting a hint of danger, adventure and sports depending on the make of the watch.

Watches can communicate a lot about the wearers personality. For those that prefer a bit of high-status bling on their wrist, a Rolex can be an understated, timeless and incredibly masculine accessory.

As the saying goes boys look at their smartphones to check time men look at a watch.

Call it what you will, a quality luxury watch is a man's equivalent to the engagement ring.

5. Watches Embody Craftsmanship
A wrist watch is more than a time-keeper. It is a symbol of tradition and history encased in a showpiece with extreme craftsmanship.

Not many men realize that they are wearing pieces of art on their wrist. Some watch houses have four craftsmen working on one watch for several months designing complex pieces of technology by hand.

It's detailed art at the higher end of human ingenuity and creativity.

An analog watch has a simple and consistent mechanism. The way of expressing it is where the bulk of the creativity comes in. Watch design is inherently artistic. There is a lot of generic and non-inspiring watch styles out there, but the best stuff is beautiful and how often do you call a tool beautiful?

Art on a watch can come in multiple forms. The dial can literally be a painting, or the design of the instrument itself is pure art. For many people the movement arouses as much fascination as the dial and case.

6. Watches Make Great Heirlooms
Not only is a timepiece the quintessential gift it is the quintessential heirloom. No matter what your philosophy is on the end of life, we can all agree that people can live on through the memories of those that knew them.

Owning timepieces from a different era is a remembrance of people who lived before you. Having their watches makes you think of them, in a real way. They wore these same watches which show signs of use, care and love.

A watch collection is also a legacy. It doesn't necessarily have to be worth a mini treasure but leaving your watch(es) to someone you care about is in essence passing on values that were important to you, to someone else.

7. Watches Help You Create A Relationship With Time
Since the days of the sundial (and probably before) men have been obsessed with devices that measure time. A reminder that our time is limited.

Wearing a watch has a positive effect on my attitude towards time. I am more attentive to how I spend my 24 hours.

Beyond the technical and mechanical intricacies of a watch men are fascinated by these devices that claim to mark and control time.

There is a passionate community of watch lovers who dive into the details of watch-making and collecting.

The only other obsession matched with the passion for this inanimate object is the passion men share for cars. A watch collection is far easier to maintain and less expensive as a hobby.

Everyone can rock a watch. Wearing a watch is a great way to add interest to an outfit, especially if youre a guy.

Find a wrist watch that really stands out from the rest.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:58 pm

All good Pete, but like the wrist watch, I'm now left with finding a more appropriate forum section/thread, to best place the above write up under, so that it stands out better. Shocked Laughing
V14 under "Prospecting yarns" should do it.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:44 pm

It's funny pete, my cousin loved detecting and in the early days bought himself a mobile phone that was the size of half a house brick.
He was one of the first to do so and wore it like a gunslinger's side arm.
He was a skinny fella and it made him lean a little; plus he had to walk with his arm slightly raised which made him look like he was ready for a show down Laughing
Funny thing was he was the sorta fella that preferred a fight than a feed [champion young boxer] which made it more the interesting affraid

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:02 pm

I'll add onto my cousins prospecting adventures,one day he was out camping and after a long morning of detecting went back
to his little rocky 4wd that had a camper on the back and put the kettle on.
He went back outside while the billy boiled and did a few things,washed and cleaned up a little.
Several minute passed and he couldn't hear the billy boiling so he climbed up the little ladder to the back of the camper and as he got inside
he decided to light his fag/rolly he had in his mouth.
The next thing he remembers is lying on the ground a few metres away,stunned and singed and covered in white feathers in fact the whole area was white with doona feathers.
Instantly he got up ran around like a stunned mullet and got his fire extinguisher and put out the burning mess,luckily not to much damage to his little camper.
Ringing ears persisted for a while and his hair and eye brows eventually grew back.
He joked that smoking was bad for him Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum