Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resigning my membership

2 posters

Go down

Resigning my membership Empty Resigning my membership

Post  Guest Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi everyone.
For the last few days there has been a lot of criticism about BUGU and the PMAV in the way we handled the VEAC report. And the way we have been trying to resolve and push against the VEAC recommendations to reduce access to a lot of bushland for recreational use and activities.
Now with the Government accepting the VEAC report (in part) we did have some wins in some areas and in others there is either restrictions or bans all together. But if it was not for BUGU, PMAV and many other organisations joining forces it would have been a holly different story, as VEAC recommendations was to reduce or ban many more bush type activities than what the Government was willing to except.  "Think about it" why do it take so long for the Government to accept the recommendations in the first place. It was because there was so much retaliations, rallies, petitions and submissions  against the VEAC report since 2017 when it first started, 4 years ago. Why was it not submitted to Parliament to be debated on last week???. The reason was, because it may not have got through and been accepted. So Lily D'Ambrosio the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change decide to sign of on it behind closed doors. The report should have gone through and accepted over 12 months ago.

But there is some people on this site who enjoy criticising others and their efforts, but themselves doing nothing in return. So because of this reason I do not what to be a lined with these types of people who do not appreciate or respect my efforts or the members on this site who also supported us or me by going to rallies, putting in submissions, signing petitions and going to the VEAC consultation meeting that they conducted around the state. . So as from today I will be no longer be an Admin Team Member of the site or a site Member. I have enjoyed being a part of the site since 2009 and have put up 4755 posts. But as they say, "all good things have to come to the end at some stage". But I did not think it would be because of others action and disrespect.
Cheers & good luck
wombat Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Resigning my membership Empty Re: Resigning my membership

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 pm

G'day ladies/gents

Could we all please just calm down a little & not jump onto any rash/harsh decisions/conclusions. Now I've read all the for's & against & although all members on here have a right to state what they feel is right for them, do keep in mind this is first & foremost a Gold Detecting/Prospecting Forum, regarding information on gold & the equipment used to find it, not a place to take out one another's frustration on.
Wombat, all here know that it is the cunning, conniving, politicians/government, that just about always have the upper hand on the final decisions made concerning the environment, regardless of what we all say or do, but in saying that, Reg, a voice yelling out for justice (regardless of the outcome) is better than no voice speaking out at all. Let each PMAV or BUGU member/contributor make up their own mind as to what each is prepared, to take on board or do in order to be heard.
This bickering between one another is not healthy, neither for the individual, nor this forum & has to stop.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Reg Wilson, luckyeddie, Rockwall and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:46 pm

There is no doubt that many people have put a lot of work into trying to preserve the rights of prospectors, however when an organisation like the PMAV allows itself to become a politically aligned movement it is actually going beyond its constitution. The political beliefs of leadership should not dictate the allegiance of members.. This does not represent its membership, many of whom do not share the political opinions of those in leadership. News letters from PMAV actually canvassed a political party, not only going against its constitution, but condemning it to irrelevance in the preferences of the government in power.  
Signing partitions and flag waving may make the participants feel all warm and fuzzy inside believing that they are making a difference, but in fact it may have the opposite to the desired effect.
In no way do I blame Wombat for this situation, as he basically inherited this doctrine.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Miners Rights likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:01 pm

This thread has now run its course.

Management T25