Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa.

+23
Billsymo
jayvee
mulgadansa
gollstar
Narrawa
artrix
JasonR
Vb4meta
evan2010
granite2
Jigalong
TheH0ward
kon61
HueyDuck
FoolsGold
spinna
nero_design
Tributer
MS
GoldstalkerGPX
monoandnan
Undertaker
Birdman
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa. - Page 2 Empty Re: Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm

fishberley wrote:Are more "Eastern State Prospectors" doing the wrong thing in W.A

or

more "Western Australian Prospectors" doing the wrong thing in W.A

Me thinks the answer is probably "about the same"

Me thinks the latter by far! Suspect
Sparrowfart sunny

Back to top Go down

Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa. - Page 2 Empty Re: Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa.

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Jigalong wrote:I think Birdman is right.

Rich Eastern Staters are ripping off the gold that rightfully belongs to the struggling, scrupulously honest fossickers of WA. It stinks, so how should we stop it ? Charge Eastern Staters a special $1000 fossickers Licence, or maybe only let them remove one ounce of gold in any one month period ? Or maybe make it illegal for Eastern Staters to operate a detector in WA - that would fix the mongrels right up.

And while we are at it, it's an Eastern Sate company that is ripping the money out of Sandgropers, charging them $6500 for a detector.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. We don't need them, or their thieving ways. Go Home.
yeah...and they all smell bad and have cooties!

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:30 pm

I reckon Sparrowfart is right on the money. Eastern staters don't tow earth working machinery to the west to rob leases. Very few of them leave their camp site in a mess. I have seen old caravans, engines and enough spare parts to build a couple of holden motors scattered about some WA leaseholders old camps.

As for people helping local economies? Each eastern stater couple, and even WA grey nomads, spend far more money in WA than a a dozen small leasholders. As one local woman in Leonora said to me this year: the buggers come up from Perth towing their dinky tractors every month or two wearing a clean shirt and carrying a new $100 note and change neither while they are here.

The thing is, everyone is going to coninue detecting the west and like it or not they will wander on to small leases. WA lease holders better get used to putting up physical and visible boundaries to their leases. If they don't it is only a matter of time before one of them gets their pants sued off them. A grey nomad only has to fall over a scrape and break a leg and he/she can sue the lease holder for failing to provide any visible indication of a lease. If you don't believe that can happen talk to a lawyer, he will educate you.

Cheers, Jim cheers
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:00 pm

granite2 wrote:I reckon Sparrowfart is right on the money. Eastern staters don't tow earth working machinery to the west to rob leases. Very few of them leave their camp site in a mess. I have seen old caravans, engines and enough spare parts to build a couple of holden motors scattered about some WA leaseholders old camps.

As for people helping local economies? Each eastern stater couple, and even WA grey nomads, spend far more money in WA than a a dozen small leasholders. As one local woman in Leonora said to me this year: the buggers come up from Perth towing their dinky tractors every month or two wearing a clean shirt and carrying a new $100 note and change neither while they are here.

The thing is, everyone is going to coninue detecting the west and like it or not they will wander on to small leases. WA lease holders better get used to putting up physical and visible boundaries to their leases. If they don't it is only a matter of time before one of them gets their pants sued off them. A grey nomad only has to fall over a scrape and break a leg and he/she can sue the lease holder for failing to provide any visible indication of a lease. If you don't believe that can happen talk to a lawyer, he will educate you.

Cheers, Jim cheers

Year I'm with you Jim, a star picket in each corner and some blue baler twine laid on the ground around the boundary would stop about 95% of easterners who might otherwise stray, from actually doing so. But it would make no difference to the locals jumping fences as presumably they actually know where they are not supposed to be! Presumably. Of course then it would be difficult to blame us all for it so they might not like that! Razz
Sparrowfart sunny

Back to top Go down

Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa. - Page 2 Empty Angry Bird

Post  evan2010 Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:52 pm

Crikey Birdman, seems like you have stirred up an Ants nest with this Topic!!
evan2010
evan2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Some of the mentality amazes me. I was finding nuggets in WA in 1978 - 79 probably before a lot of you were born and certainly before a lot of those companies were ever formed. Since I was there first, I think you should all go home.

Just trying to maintain the level of this thread. (Low)

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Jigalong wrote:I think Birdman is right.

Rich Eastern Staters are ripping off the gold that rightfully belongs to the struggling, scrupulously honest fossickers of WA. It stinks, so how should we stop it ? Charge Eastern Staters a special $1000 fossickers Licence, or maybe only let them remove one ounce of gold in any one month period ? Or maybe make it illegal for Eastern Staters to operate a detector in WA - that would fix the mongrels right up.

And while we are at it, it's an Eastern Sate company that is ripping the money out of Sandgropers, charging them $6500 for a detector.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. We don't need them, or their thieving ways. Go Home.

Hey Jigalong , thought you were from NSW Question
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Yes Mark, Jigalong is from NSW. When he talks about rich eastern staters ripping off WA gold he is talking about Victorians. This whole thread is about those Victorians isn't.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

i wish MY grandmother had found a 30kg nugget in WA.she loved me,she would have told me where she found it. Very Happy
dave

Last edited by phoenix on Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa. - Page 2 Empty WA

Post  Vb4meta Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I went to WA once met a lot of whingeing bastards and first day out picked up two nuggets off a legit spot..the locals hung **** on us cos we were from East..just shut me mouth and came home to a new 4wd.
Whats ironic is cos I wasnt staying there long I wanted to tell someone about that patch cos it was good but they were such jerks I did not bother, come to Vic with your detectors theres still plenty here and the locals appreciate the tourists and the CASH they spend.
ANYONE WANT SOME ADVICE I WILL GIVE IT TO YA.

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:18 pm

G'day Gents.

Yes; I'm one of those so called Victorians and proud of it. I also abide by each States laws and regulations. The amount of money i spend on fuel,food,smokes and grog in the nearby towns i prospect in,would need an average minimum of 1/2 ounce of gold a week to just about cover costs.Not to mention any break downs. As for rich easterners yeah,i wish i were one of them,then it wouldn't take me a whole year to save $5000 in order to blow it all on a monthly trip,up WA.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:28 pm

I don't fence jump!

I have short legs...I cut the wire Very Happy

nah...made that up lol

Back to top Go down

Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa. - Page 2 Empty ???

Post  JasonR Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Jigalong ... says in your tab there that you are from Sydney ??? is that in WA ....

NO Wink

JasonR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 pm

madtuna wrote:I don't fence jump!

nah...made that up lol

Nice one Steve if I ever get down your way I will lift the wire for you Im tall.

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 pm

no need mate...when I'm in WA flogging all Birdmans gold I'm going to flog his gyrocopter too Laughing I'll even give you a dink over the wire!

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/general-discussion-f1/gyrocopters-t2533.htm#20829

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:25 pm

cheers ....... look forward to it

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:50 am

I came across a fence one night, couldn't go over it, couldn't go under it.....so I fell asleep next to it. Embarassed
Woke up the next morning 15 feet off the Windsor Rd across from the Tourmaline. Laughing

The closest thing to gold in that era/area was anyone with a penadol. Laughing

PS. the Tourmaline was a well known night club/pub in the Hawksberry region NSW.

PSS, I'll be one of those easterners next season bouncing off the fence lines of WA lease holders, and may become one of them, so bugger off you eastern state thieving bastards!! Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:22 am

artrix wrote:
madtuna wrote:I don't fence jump!

nah...made that up lol

Nice one Steve if I ever get down your way I will lift the wire for you Im tall.

Are you 2 going to meet up at Daylesford? Laughing

Artrix, Steve likes to spoon remember, lol, but if you going to bend over for him and hold the wire.... he might just jump the wrong thing Razz lol!

Here's what happened to a eastern states roo that jumped a WA fence...
Eastern states prospectors ignoring the rules in wa. - Page 2 Picture+14

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdman Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:35 pm

I did not intend to stir this much controversey. It is just the ones that come over outnumber us and have all the latest gear, best 4wd solar powered caravan and minelab detectors.

Probably jealousy on my part having an inferior rig.

i guess i understand how the fisherman feel about the indonesians feel in a way.

i guess we all get frustrated with tengraph it is hard and limiting, but I think if it is a battler who owns the lease at least talk to the caretaker first and ask for permission. Or file a 20A.

Some stockbroker sitting on 1000's of ks of land is making it difficult for many of us, but hey thats why we have 20A's
Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm

you don't need all the good top gear to find gold.... a friend off mine has a sd 2100 and he still finds good gold with it.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdman Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:55 pm

It is refreshing to hear.

It is very tough when you are in a 48 dollar tent trying to find some extra dollars for a punctured tyre, when you look at the people next to you with a massive caravan, satellite dish and the latest 4wd with melbourne number plates bragging about how they pick up .2 of a gram nuggets.

while a local is planning meticulousy 20a and paying for it on the hope that they will find it.
Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Let them have the .2 gram ones... I go for bigger than that. lol

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 pm

it's not what you own it's how proud you are off it. they might have the big set up but is it paid for? i would love to go to W.A detecting but i lost my job and i don't have any money going into my bank. the wife is the one that works and we live off that. this is the reason i detect. to find gold so i have a sort off a wage again.
cheers
stoppsy

Last edited by stoppsy on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Vb4meta Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:09 pm

What you should be doing birdman is setting up a guide sevice and charging the caravan nomads a good price for showing them around.

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdman Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I think you are onto something there. It is better to have legitamite gold tourists, it would be up to me to a deal with the caretakers then with an agreement.

When somebody comes from outside and illegally strikes off a a patch and cleans it out with a chain then everyone misses out.

better to share the fun have a hundred people from the eastern states walk away with 100 small pieces rather than 1 lucky illegal eastern stater clean out the lot illegally.

Eco gold tourism is it possible? Everyone is happy then, unfortunately it is one of those things their is only so much to be found.

I think the best part of it is the exercise of prospecting for a grey nomad as well, better than golf, if you can add value with a bit of a talk on the wildflowers as well why not

Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Vb4meta Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Ive been doing this a long time and personally I dont jump claims. What we do need is more rights over land that big corporations and paper shufflers sit on and we cant access.

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:31 pm

Birdman. can I ask how you know (seemingly) the majority of easterners are there illegally plundering the gold that rightfully is yours?
Have you sighted thier 20a's and seen thier permission letters?

Or is it just thier shiney 4x4's, big vans with sat dishes and that they're sporting interstate plates that must mean they're illegal?

p.s. a bunch of kiddies in Indonesia would give thier right arm for a $48 tent right about now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vb4meta Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:35 pm

I think a lot of nomads that rock up dont know where to go or what is legal so just pitch anywhere, if youre not a pro its hard to determine at times where is ok and where is not.

Vb4meta
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdman Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:47 pm

believe me i have looked at tags from asx companies, yes i would have loved to been on that ground but had to turn the car back.

Now, i have to pay for 3km geticulate blocks to prospect on.... 3km only how many, 20a's do i have to file on 3700 square kilometer lease from an asx company.... it is much easier just to speck the ground and then go for a snatch and grab like an interstate tourist. However i do the honourable thing.

Frustrating when you have to pay 20a's when someone else does not.
Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next