Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camping how long

3 posters

Go down

Camping how long  Empty Camping how long

Post  SandeepJajoo Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:46 pm

A question I have is regarding the length of stays in public designated camping areas in Victoria
Would it be ok if myself and my family set our camper as long term or permanent residence of camping area?

SandeepJajoo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-01-02

Back to top Go down

Camping how long  Empty Re: Camping how long

Post  Kon61gold Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:26 pm

Parks Victoria would best be the ones to answer your question regarding long term stays/camping on designated public camping areas Sandeep. My advice is to give the Park Rangers in charge of the locality you wish to camp on a call & get confirmation before setting off.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:39 pm

Sandeep I think it is a max of 2 weeks only. But as Kon said check the local ranger first as it may depend on the facilities at each camping area.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  harryopal Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Many caravan parks in great locations around Australia where "permanent" camping was available have disappeared as the value of the land far outweighed income from camping fees. During these Covid times with incomes disappearing it seems more people are turning to camping vans as accommodation so their will be increased competition for "permanent" sites which will doubtless drive up fees.

As governments come to reckon with the economic chaos and costs brought about by Covid it would be timely for consideration to be given to hard pressed nomads by opening special camping centres around the country. But somehow I doubt that will happen.

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down