Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted miners waste

Go down

Wanted miners waste  Empty Wanted miners waste

Post  DaddyD on Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Don't know if this fits but I have clients looking for miners waste in the Victorian area

DaddyD
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2020-09-16

Back to top Go down

Wanted miners waste  Empty Re: Wanted miners waste

Post  moredeep on Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 pm

DaddyD I think you will have to elaborate a little more on the meaning of waste.
Most large scale  gold companies deal with their own waste/tailings according to the law.
As to the small time prospector I think the only waste they generate is of the odd stubby or two of beer and other bodily stuff What a Face affraid lol!

cheers  moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Wanted miners waste  Empty Miners waste

Post  DaddyD on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:07 pm

I asked the client what he was referring to and he said a lot of mining areas have abandoned mining waste on ground they have not gotten to yet that is what he is interested in

DaddyD
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:58 pm

No worries DaddyD,I think what you are getting at is people living on private property that have mullock heaps?
There's  numerous properties in victoria that have deep lead mounds on them.
It's a case of just keep asking if they want them removed for free.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:55 am

DaddyD If you are after the old mullock heaps or crushings from old mine site that used stampers there are plenty around the Triangle. But you will have to, first of all check that these do not have cyanide in them, as cyanide was used in the process to extract the gold. Secondly to see if they don't have a Heritage overlay on them.
wombat Wink

Management

Number of posts : 4726
Registration date : 2009-01-30

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:32 pm

I know a large number of sand heaps/slums were removed in Bendigo in the 1990's to make way for development and to also just rid of them due to dust & cyanide problem.
From what I gather the crushed sand left over from the stampers from the 1800's was re-processed using today's technologies.
 How much gold was recovered isn't known but it was obviously worth doing?

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  DaddyD on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:26 pm

I know from prospecting in Canada there are plenty of old diggings and you found some of your best gold there from what I understand all the old timers cared about was the nuggets and pickers so there is plenty of gold in the old tailing piles and the dirt devils proved it is worth it

DaddyD
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mbasko on Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:43 am

The "dirt devils" have processing equipment dialled in to extract gold from larger companies tailings who don't have the time/resources to do it themselves but store the tailing as they realise it contains gold that may be economically extracted later on (depending on gold price, extraction technology, resources etc.). As seen on the show there are also a lot of issues with rubbish clogging up the system so it's not overly complicated but not easy either. I think they were paying around $50,000 per load plus transport & processing costs so it also requires a good amount of capital to get started for no guaranteed return.
They use mercury in the final clean up process as well, which is used under license & not generally or legally available here without licencing.
Many old timers mullock heaps/tailings in Australia are also on public property where mass removal &/or processing wouldn't be possible. Even to do it on private land may require permits etc. so it's not as easy as it looks on TV.
The Australian mining industry is heavily regulated.

It seems strange that people in Victoria would be hiring someone with no Australian experience & lives in the Philippines to undertake this for them. They could easily find out about it for free here themselves?

mbasko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

Wanted miners waste  Empty Miners waste

Post  DaddyD on Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:38 pm

I appreciate all the comments I am helping another prospector who lives here in the Philippines and would like to go back home and start prospecting on his own ground when it is permitted I also showed him how to process without mercury and more cost effective

DaddyD
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum