Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox?

3 posters

Go down

14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox? Empty 14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox?

Post  PeterInSa Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8472753/Amateur-metal-detector-finds-FOURTEEN-extremely-valuable-sovereign-coins.html

Unfortunately was'nt us in our recent visit.

Unfortunately you or I could have walked over this horde, Why you ask....

Some years ago I took some friends to an old Gold fields town site, it was just a farmers field, many operators had detected here in the past as well as clubs, I found a 1d, Gold finger a mate found a groat and he yelled out to his son to come over and detect near us.

Well within 10 mins sons son showed me 10 Chinese coins, then 22 , then 45 and I watched him, partner and mum dig up 188 coins, he said he picked up/detected one coin outside the pile and the pile of coins was just like a buried piece of tin.... so easy to walk away from.

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Travelergold and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox? Empty Re: 14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox?

Post  Rwork Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:35 am

I was told that Bevs brother purchased the Nox 800 from Coiltek. The find was thought to be around Dunolly but i was told Goldsborough which is a little North.
I have the pictures of the coins, 12 Sovs and 2 Halfs.
No idea how to put up a picture here now. ( iPad) Good to see the forum hasn’t changed over to Tappatalk.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox? Empty Re: 14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox?

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:25 pm

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Rwork wrote:I was told that Bevs brother purchased the Nox 800 from Coiltek. The find was thought to be around Dunolly but i was told Goldsborough which is a little North.
I have the pictures of the coins, 12 Sovs and 2 Halfs.
No idea how to put up a picture here now. ( iPad) Good to see the forum hasn’t changed over to Tappatalk.

G’day Rwork,

Is this the picture you have, I screenshot the pic in the news article above with my IPad.  

14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox? 3c069b10

Cheers.  

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Davgold email button comes up with Send Text only and Davgold has no email option for a member contact.
I found the pictures, got up something that said attatch them and send. Only the text sent so i deleted it.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Rwork likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:18 pm

14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox? D563ad10
14 Gold Sovereigns Found in Vic with a Nox? 61d22910

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:19 pm

I got the pictures to post, not sure how. Smile

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down