Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

its been a while

3 posters

Go down

its been a while Empty its been a while

Post  tirp56 Fri May 29, 2020 4:17 pm

hello people ive finally got nbn and back on line went up the bush for a swing on wednesday and i couldnt believe the amount of large 7000?? holes left open all over the place unbelievable,when they are trying their hardest to kick us out of the bush and there are still morons out there that dont care sorry but it makes my blood boil ,as well as the idiots that go detecting with a dozen cans and leave one at the holes they have detected around

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

its been a while Empty Re: its been a while

Post  moredeep Fri May 29, 2020 6:56 pm

I feel your pain tirp56,went to Tarnagulla today near the end of nuggety gully and holy shite.
Wrecked bushes, holes left open everywhere all I could do was shake my head,I filled a few big holes but alas there were too many.
Dunnolly the same,I filled a few holes there as well.
These holes were a few weeks old so I'm guessing pre covid restriction.
Not much we can do apart from education,then again you can't teach someone who hasn't a brain Evil or Very Mad

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

its been a while Empty Re: its been a while

Post  Guest Sun May 31, 2020 8:59 am

Hi Tirps it's good to see you back mate.
Regarding the holes. I would say it is because of two reasons. 1st, it is the high cost of gold and people are starting to get out to try a make a quick buck. 2nd, the TV show Aussie Gold Hunters series 5 has started and it makes finding gold easy. And at the end of each episode it shows how much each team has made. You also may find that most of the holes left open are from newbies. People that don't know how to use a detector and digs any sound they hear, including ground noise. Unfortunately you can not educate these types of people. But these people will eventually close down our goldfields.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

its been a while Empty Re , its been a while

Post  Rockwall Sun May 31, 2020 11:17 am

Wombat wrote:Hi Tirps it's good to see you back mate.
Regarding the holes. I would say it is because of two reasons. 1st, it is the high cost of gold and people are starting to get out to try a make a quick buck. 2nd, the TV show Aussie Gold Hunters series 5 has started and it makes finding gold easy. And at the end of each episode it shows how much each team has made. You also may find that most of the holes left open are from newbies. People that don't know how to use a detector and digs any sound they hear, including ground noise. Unfortunately you can not educate these types of people. But these people will eventually close down our goldfields.
wombat Wink  

Some people look at these forums and assume that because the odd good nugget gets put up it happens every trip.  When they start digging ground noises and realise there is hard work involved for no reward most of the time they get cranky and stuff it up for everyone.
Rockwall
Rockwall
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-06-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum