Carona virus panic

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 4 Empty Re: Carona virus panic

Post  Nightjar on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:18 pm

harryopal wrote:.

Harry,
Thankyou, for one of the most sensible, level headed replies to the virus subject to date.
10/10

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2499
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  harryopal on Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Just watched a Whitehouse press conference as President Trump outlined new emergency measures. His cronies were lined up shoulder to shoulder behind him. I guess this is meant to show the American people there is solidarity during this time of crisis. Of course it might also beg the question, what hope is there if our heads of government still don't understand the need for social distancing.. a metre and a half space between each person?

Each news bulletin seems grimmer and, as a person belonging to a most at risk demographic, it has led me to begin preparing for leaving the planet. I am writing up a questionnaire to help me decide if I will go to heaven or hell.

1 Will I still be able to make pots of tea?
2 Can I still watch Australian rules football?
3 Does your TV network also run endless and mindless advertisements?
4 Am I able to go snorkeling?
5 Do I really need to spend all my time on my knees praying and thanking God for being so good?
6 As I am a vegetarian will I be able to get vegetarian food?
7 Will I still have to keep washing my hands and wear a mask?
8 Is board and lodging free and if not how am I supposed to pay?
9 When will I personally meet God? I understand there are 150,000 people die each day around the world (probably more now with Corona) so I expect a good wait but will I have to stand in line or will you send me an email?
10 As far as I know we are not able to contact the living once we are on the other side but might it be possible to get a one off exception so I can post on the gold detecting forum, "Don't worry. It's okay here. Not perfect but generally not too bad."?

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:22 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Right or wrong, It matters not slavi. Many have based this new strain of virus, similar to the common flue, of which has killed in the hundreds of thousands of people per year, but this is not the common flue influenza. It might be similar in how it spreads, but quite obvious for the steps nations are taking, far more dangerous to ones overall health or even long term health effects, than just the common flue.

Cheers Kon. T25    

KON,its SARS2-COVID19 ,basically 10 times more virulent than the common flu, hence the panic

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 698
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:45 pm

Well there you go. Thanks moredeep. That would explain not only the panic, but also why the measures the world has/is undertaking, in order to neutralise the spread or have it stamped out altogether.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:04 pm

moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:04 am

Another eleven plane loads of corona virus from international countries (mainly Asia) are about to land in Australia in the next few hours.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:30 am

adrian ss wrote:Another eleven plane loads of corona virus from international countries (mainly Asia) are about to land in Australia in the next few hours.

Well so much for closing the boarders except for freight etc, plane loads of people should not be classed as freight in my opinion.

davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6079

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:15 am

davsgold wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Another eleven plane loads of corona virus from international countries (mainly Asia) are about to land in Australia in the next few hours.

Well so much for closing the boarders except for freight etc, plane loads of people should not be classed as freight in my opinion.

All new arrivals have to go into mandatory quarantine for 14 days.

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:21 am

davsgold wrote:

As far as I'm aware, and I did try to source further accurate information, the international arrivals are all Australian citizens returning home from overseas.
Given Wuhan/Hubei have recently freed up travel restrictions, many of the travelers may be Australians that were caught up in the restrictions there while visiting for the Chinese new year.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:35 am

Favorite Aussie saying "She'll be right mate" well look where that's got us affraid
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:48 am

This is a real light bulb moment to what is happening. Idea

Chinese billionaire Liu Dian Bo bought Healthe Care for $900 million in 2015.

Private hospital company Healthe Care has already stood down 800 staff and is putting in doubt 8000 beds at 34 private hospitals across Australia after the federal government cancelled elective surgeries in response to the COVID-19 spread.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-healthe-care-private-hospital-company-stands-down-800-staff/69040a83-b020-4b47-a543-24e2348788d4?fbclid=IwAR01zX3KHu5d5RKbX5h0UTFDqIaAv6WJvHY7jGE9uuPEd9D2lG1bDHSYddg

What we are being told and what is actually happening are two different things.
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:19 pm

planetcare wrote:
davsgold wrote:

All new arrivals  have to go into mandatory quarantine  for 14 days.

Probably true but the virus is not fussed if they are Aussies or not. We are just a breeding ground for it.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  straight wire on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:06 pm

planetcare wrote:
davsgold wrote:

All new arrivals  have to go into mandatory quarantine  for 14 days.

I recon you must be an expert at quarantining doug.
How long has it been since you have been quarantined in you bedroom as a keyboard warrior, must be close to 20 years now? Very Happy

straight wire
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:42 pm

It has recently been said by the Australian Government Department of Health, that currently Australia does not have wide spread community transmission of  COVID-19?  Now let me try to understand this. As of 6am 29th of March 2020, there have been 3809 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia, with 439 new cases since 6am yesterday, and out of the 3809 confirmed cases only 14 people have died? This mortality rate in turn of a % relates to 0.00368% or around 3.45 people to each 1000 people infected?  
Now considering the infection rate across all Australian states continue to rise, something just doesn't add up here. Either Australians as a whole, are far more resilient to the effects of COVID-19 considering the unbelievably low mortality rate it has had so far on people here in Australia, that or what is the government not fully telling us? Shocked
It has just been announced another 2 people have succumbed to the corona virus & that the curve of spread is finally coming down/levelling out?
Now don't misunderstand me here people, for I wish all this were true, its just that I find it so hard to believe, considering numbers testing positive for the COVID-19 are constantly rising with each passing day. Shocked

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:14 pm

Kon61gold wrote:It has recently been said by the Australian Government Department of Health, that currently Australia does not have wide spread community transmission of  COVID-19?  Now let me try to understand this. As of 6am 29th of March 2020, there have been 3809 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia, with 439 new cases since 6am yesterday, and out of the 3809 confirmed cases only 14 people have died? This mortality rate in turn of a % relates to 0.00368% or around 3.45 people to each 1000 people infected?  
Now considering the infection rate across all Australian states continue to rise, something just doesn't add up here. Either Australians as a whole, are far more resilient to the effects of COVID-19 considering the unbelievably low mortality rate it has had so far on people here in Australia, that or what is the government not fully telling us?  Shocked
It has just been announced another 2 people have succumbed to the corona virus & that the curve of spread is finally coming down/levelling out?
Now don't misunderstand me here people, for I wish all this were true, its just that I find it so hard to believe, considering numbers testing positive for the COVID-19 are constantly rising with each passing day. Shocked

Cheers Kon. T25

The corona mortality rate will vary due to the population age profile, population density, overall health of the population and quality of hospital medical facilities and other factors.Australia has been lucky so far but as the number of infections continues to rise then the overall mortality rate will as well.

Last edited by planetcare on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:03 pm

My Chinese friend and her knick knack shop have obtained a heap of masks from top grade to the usual types that you see people wearing...(Some people anyway) and placed a sign out the front of the shop stating masks and hand sanitizer here.
As far as I could tell; The wife and I were the only people to go in and purchase some masks and sanitizer. scratch People were simply walking past where as a couple of weeks ago they were almost killing each other to get some. scratch scratch
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Straight wire, it is painfully obvious that you are a refugee from the Halfarse forum passing yourself off with a new moniker, as your nutter redneck forum has been shut down. Do us all a favor and sod off.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  straight wire on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:Straight wire, it is painfully obvious that you are a refugee from the Halfarse forum passing yourself off with a new moniker, as your nutter redneck forum has been shut down. Do us all a favor and sod off.

Thank you for the very warm welcome Reg Wilson.
I did not know you were the spokesman for this forum.
Thank you for pointing out what a hate filled person you are.
For the sake of civility, I shall not be replying to any further posts from you on this forum.

straight wire
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2020-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 pm

Pity that Halfarse's forum got shut down, otherwise you would not be here.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:27 pm

Kon61gold wrote:It has recently been said by the Australian Government Department of Health, that currently Australia does not have wide spread community transmission of  COVID-19?  Now let me try to understand this. As of 6am 29th of March 2020, there have been 3809 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Australia, with 439 new cases since 6am yesterday, and out of the 3809 confirmed cases only 14 people have died? This mortality rate in turn of a % relates to 0.00368% or around 3.45 people to each 1000 people infected?  
Now considering the infection rate across all Australian states continue to rise, something just doesn't add up here. Either Australians as a whole, are far more resilient to the effects of COVID-19 considering the unbelievably low mortality rate it has had so far on people here in Australia, that or what is the government not fully telling us?  Shocked

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon,
One of the things potentially skewing your numbers is the delay, up to two weeks, from diagnosis to treatment and then the time in hospital to either recovery or fatality. This is assuming a nominal two weeks for the virus to run its course.

bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 pm

I understand the delays bicter & have factored them all in, but if that were or is the case, then we'd be waiting for an explosion of delayed information/results.
And for the sake of civility, could we please calm down with the innuendo gents?  I don't particularly care of whom one is, nor where one has come from, as long as members abide by the rules of this forum. These are uncertain, unprecedented times that we're all going through, the last thing we need is bickering amongst our selves.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Just an observation kon that since the nasty 1.5 forum has been shut down that you can expect some refugees from that nutter site will join other forums to spread their extreme and hateful views. Some have already migrated to Finders, which has been dead in the water, and now has had an upturn in posts since Halfarse has been shut down. Don't be surprised to see new members here, but they will do nothing for the integrity of this forum.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:11 pm

Rest assured Reg. If any member thinks they can disregard the rules/laws governing this forum, are in for a nasty surprise. Now can we please try to work together, in the hope of getting over the real issues at hand? This is going to be one long indoor stint. Sad

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Cabin fever kon, I hope my home brew holds out. Not too difficult for me as I live on 50 acres of gold country bush.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Have been looking at figures for the corona virus deaths % per head of population for the entire world and to date it is 0.0014 %
The death % per head of population for Australia is currently also 0.0014 %.
So it would appear that all of this BS we are being subjected to is not having much effect.
Also I might add that this figure is very small.....More people die from car crashes in Australia per 1/4 than the number of corona deaths over the past 3 months.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:32 pm

I think my home brew will kill of any virus reg[externally applied ],including the proverbial dead dog.
I heard in IRAN that around 300 people died from drinking bootleg liquor believing it would kill the covid19 virus.
Poor souls sucked in by fake news.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:33 pm

Lucky you Reg, but lets spare a thought for the ones confined to a small area of space. Yep, & I hear you about the grog side of things. I'v stored enough to drop buffalo. Anything to avoid looking the wife straight in the eye. Shocked Q35  
Yep, one has to know what they're doing when making home brew, or else its curtains. Shocked  Q35 But I'm quite sure Reg knows what he is doing?
Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:37 pm

The figure is still small Adrian, correct.
In reality this pandemic is just starting to get going,it's await and see job.
As I always say, Its not over until the bariatric lady sings.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:40 am

moredeep wrote:I think my home brew will kill of any virus reg[externally applied ],including the proverbial dead dog.
I heard in IRAN that around 300 people died from drinking bootleg liquor believing it would kill the covid19 virus.
Poor souls sucked in by fake news.

cheers   moredeep

Send me some of that stuff mate. I would rather my death be by grog than by virus. Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 am

moredeep wrote:The figure is still small Adrian, correct.
In reality this pandemic is just starting to get going,it's await and see job.
As I always say, Its not over until the bariatric lady sings.

cheers  moredeep

Some more interesting info.

The normal current total Australian death rate by % of population  is 0.38%.
That is 270 times the death rate from this current virus.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/AUS/australia/death-rate

With all of these travel and isolation restrictions being forced upon us there is going to be a big baby boom over the next 12 months. I mean might as well have some fun while confined to quarters aye!?

I wonder if domestic violence will increase due to all of the stress and strain of being in each others face for so long? Will not happen in our place but plenty of couples are already living on a razors edge.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum