Carona virus panic

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 2 Empty Re: Carona virus panic

Post  Mechanic on Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 am

adrian ss wrote:
moredeep wrote:I wonder if the police should be cruising around the streets with loud speakers telling people in groups to disperse.
Went for a drive around town last night and still people are frequenting fast food outlets and standing around in groups outside of pubs
Would like to see high pressure water canon come into play with some of these dimwits Evil or Very Mad certainly would add to the drama Shocked

cheers moredeep

What happens if a member of the police at a particular police station contracts this china virus? All the members of The entire police station has to go into 14 day isolation. and cannot go outside even for food....Yeah right! One rule for some another rule for others aye....Just like my daughter who has just arrived home tonight after a trip to Fiji. She has no food and cannot go outside to get any.....How stupid is that. If she gets home delivery how does she know that the delivery person has not left the virus on her food packages. The only friends she has who she can ask to help are people who were on the plane with her and they are also now in isolation. We have food supplies for her but now according new rules we can not travel out of State to give them to her.
     The new rules that come into force tomorrow at mid day are going to cripple this country and ruin the lives of millions.... and these rules are stage one! How many stages are there?
     These new rules allow cafes, fast food outlets and restaurants to serve take away food only, because they are not places of mass gatherings....Well they sure as hell will be now.

What exactly is it about this virus that makes it different to any other corona virus that our Governments are not telling us? Is it changing us/ Are we going to mutate into some other life form, Are we going to grow arms and legs sticking out of the heads of new born babies, Is it frying our brains? because as I see it all it is doing is giving us a bit of a temp, a cough and sore throat and like all other viruses and colds it is harming some of the elderly.

I think it is time for our Govs to come clean and tell us what is so bad about this virus that they are prepared to destroy the country economy.
Adrian, between 5% and 20% of the population is about to die in the coming months depending how fast it rips through. It is new, we have no defenses for it, unlike the flu and other corona-virus'.
Also don't forget when the hospitals are over-run if you have a heart attack, your gone, you have any other life threatening condition that you need urgent medical attention for, you're gone.
Sure, hopefully if I get it it will just be mild symptoms, but what about the people I unknowingly pass it on to, who then have contact with the elderly and vulnerable?
And then there are other deeper effects to the economy on so many different levels.

What do you do, just let it rip through and if you have coronavirus symptoms, too bad so sad, it's all over in the next 3 months, or do you slow it's progress to give the best possible treatment? Should have shut the planes coming in a month and a half ago, then we would have nothing to worry about.

Stay safe in these times folks. Hope to see you all here on the other side.

Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Oh well see ya round the traps one day. When ya gotta go ya gotta go. We are all DOOMED!... DOOMED! I tell ye...DOOOOOOOMED!!
Might as well spend all me money now and have a bit of fun before D Day.....HMMMMM Now I wonder if that Thai massage centre is stilll open. Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes drunken What a Face clown
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2598
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 pm

The reason these measure have to be taken is because the corona virus is so highly infectious. If we don't slow down the infection rates then the growth in infections becomes exponential .This means a doubling of infected cases on average every 3 days. So if you start with say 1000 infected people then after 30 days more than 1 million people would be infected. With the mortality rate of 1% then 10, 000 people would die as well as thousands of others who die because there are only about 2500 intensive care beds in Australia which would be all filled up with corona virus patients.
The health system would be overwhelmed as it is now in Italy and Spain. The flu season will soon be on us as well and this may increase the mortality rate significantly.

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Adrian, calm down with the crap & get your act together. You seem to be jumping from one extreme to the next, which doesn't help anyone.
Mechanic & planetcare have given you sound reasons as to why we should all be adhering to what the medical profession, as well as what the government officials have been saying & asking of us to do, so do it. The whole world is going through some of the harshest times we most likely are ever going to experience in our life time, so please everyone if not for ones self, think of your fellow man, who might not be so lucky.

Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:40 pm

Hope you can have a 'happy ending' Adrian. Might relieve some of your built up tension.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:49 pm

New Zealand is in total lock down, everyone has been ordered to stay in the houses for the next month (at least) no one is allowed to go to work (except essential services) no schools open at all.

I think it is the only way to contain and eradicate it while there is virtually no vaccine and not enough medicine and equipment to go around, and what there is won't last if it has to be used for the whole population.

Best way is to have the unaffected ones stay home, the unwell ones get treated, and keep your fingers X

We (mrs and I) have been basically staying home for a week now, except for shopping for supplies (which are in short supply) regardless of what the media say that there is plenty to go around.

stay safe, and isolate
regards dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Sadly we appear to be loosing the battle. The growth in new cases continues to show an exponential trend. Much more draconian measures i think will be required to flatten the growth curve.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/ng-interactive/2020/mar/23/how-many-cases-of-coronavirus-are-there-in-australia-live-statistics

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Freedom of speech. I will say what I want to say.
I do not always agree with what  some of you say but I don't get all uppity  and self righteous over it
      Went to the shops today to collect some repair work from the shop, also tried to obtain some face masks but none available which is a bit odd because of the hundreds of people I encountered in two shopping centres I counted 5 wearing a mask. So where are all of the other masks that have been panic purchased.

Went to Bunnings to get a roller to fix the screen door that my daughters  cat tried to go through at a million miles per h while it was closed ... I was the only person in the store wearing a mask.

A Chinese friend who runs a gifty type shop in Woden has laid off all of her staff and is running the shop alone. says she will be able to survive ./ operate the shop for two months if lucky.....And the real sh..t has not hit the fan yet....Which will be bank closures and total stock market collapse. So if you want your money ya better start a subtle run on the banks now.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm

adrian ss wrote:Freedom of speech. I will say what I want to say.
I do not always agree with what  some of you say but I don't get all uppity  and self righteous over it
      Went to the shops today to collect some repair work from the shop, also tried to obtain some face masks but none available which is a bit odd because of the hundreds of people I encountered in two shopping centres I counted 5 wearing a mask. So where are all of the other masks that have been panic purchased.

Went to Bunnings to get a roller to fix the screen door that my daughters  cat tried to go through at a million miles per h while it was closed ... I was the only person in the store wearing a mask.

A Chinese friend who runs a gifty type shop in Woden has laid off all of her staff and is running the shop alone. says she will be able to survive ./ operate the shop for two months if lucky.....And the real sh..t has not hit the fan yet....Which will be bank closures and total stock market collapse. So if you want your money ya better start a subtle run on the banks now.

There is also a shortage of masks in Bulgaria, but many people started sewing and selling. The price is around 1.5 Australian dollars apiece. Mask in the photo has a pocket in which you can put a tissue with disinfectant, best is a cloth with activated carbon but difficult to find.
Carona virus panic - Page 2 0-02-010
Carona virus panic - Page 2 0-02-011
Carona virus panic - Page 2 0-02-012
Carona virus panic - Page 2 0-02-013
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:36 pm

A mask can only stop an infected person spreading it by mouth.
It will not protect a cleanskin.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:40 pm

Lets look on the bright side.

The only thing that I can think off is the reduction of CO2 and resources can anyone think off anything else.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 743
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Redfin wrote:A mask can only stop an infected person spreading it by mouth.
It will not protect a cleanskin.

I do not know that there are masks that work in one direction only.
Everyone says so, but the truth is, most mask-wearing people are healthy people.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:50 pm

This year we had planned a trip right around OZ. Then the NT mob closed their borders. That stuffed that trip. Our next thought was head up to Tibooburra for a month or so before heading on up into Qld to visit our families in Brisvegas, Gympie, Whitsundays and north of Cairns as we do every year. Then the buggers closed the Vic and NSW borders. Well that stuffed that plan. Oh well we thought we can always stay in our home state and head over to Coffin Bay for a bit of whiting fishing and plenty of oysters. Then they tell us no travel unless absolutely necessary. That buggered that plan.

Now they have closed all the pubs, clubs, and restaurants. That means no pokies and where live no bowls or 8 ball. I think we are probably not gunna die of CV but bloody boredom.

And all this after we spent up big upgrading batteries and solar panels plus half a dozen other bits and pieces on our motor home for the big trip.

The silly thing is we'd be pretty well self isolating out in the bush but as you have to live in the district where you want to buy food we'd probably starve.

Went to Woolies this afternoon to buy a loaf of bread and stock up on booze. Miles of empty shelves still and not one roll of dunny paper in sight. We'd expected that but we didn't need it so weren't dismayed. We haven't bought dunny paper for around 6 weeks, before the shiit hit the fan. It was all the other shelves that were empty that surprised me. Where the hell is all this stuff going?
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:25 pm

At Bunnings the crazies were buying up masses of plants.
So; we had Vegans, Vegetarians...Now we have  flowerians. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by adrian ss on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 pm

granite2 wrote:

And all this after we spent up big upgrading batteries and solar panels plus half a dozen other bits and pieces on our motor home for the big trip.

Never mind Jim, your not the only one who spent up big and planned a big trip, now it is waiting to see how this all pans out.

A little test trip to Lightnig Ridge, then back home and doing the isolation thing, that way we hope not to pick up anything.
Carona virus panic - Page 2 20200310

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi Slavtoooo.

I reckon if people here started sewing masks and selling them it would be declared illegal and they would cop a 30,000 dollar fine or jail for 6 months...That seems to be the going threat for punishment re this corona virus and the rules regarding it.
They would say the masks are no good for virus protection. That would be a bit hypercritical and stupid because the inexpensive masks being supplied to everybody here are 100 % useless for viral protection. I guess they at least make it look like we are trying.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:48 pm

geof_junk wrote:Lets look on the bright side.

The only thing that I can think off is the reduction of CO2 and resources can anyone think off anything else.

Probably motor vehicle accidents will decrease because people are not travelling as much. and the ambos and traffic accident police squad will not have to look at as many broken and battered bodies.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:48 pm

I thought that too,bashing will decrease also [ pubs and clubs shut]
Maybe obesity will decline as well?? but then again it may rise with everyone staying home and eating their hoardings What a Face
It's one big weird accidental social trial that's occurring.
Stay safe everyone.
cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:28 pm

adrian ss wrote:Hi Slavtoooo.

I reckon if people here started sewing masks and selling them it would be declared illegal and they would cop a 30,000 dollar fine or jail  for 6 months...That seems to be the going threat for punishment re   this corona virus and the rules regarding it.
    They would say the masks are no good for virus protection. That would be a bit hypercritical and stupid because the inexpensive masks being supplied to everybody here are 100 % useless for viral protection. I guess they at least make it look like we are trying.

Hello Adrian !
I apologize to everyone for my wonderful English Embarassed

The masks do not have to be sold, they can be donated! For example, I ordered a familiar woman to sew me 200 pieces. I'll pay them. Then I'll give a gift, as part of it will hold for my family. Maybe 150 masks I will give for free to my adult acquaintances. When these masks are combined with a charcoal cloth, they will be effective for 1-2 hours, this is the time it can be purchased in one store. This is temporary protection from a place with many people. I also use gloves - shopping carts are very dangerous.

Carona virus panic - Page 2 Purity10
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Carona virus panic - Page 2 Empty RE:Corona virus panic

Post  dundiggin on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:47 pm

So many comments on the stocking up on bum fodder,, what are they going to do with it,, spread vegemite on it and eat it sheet by sheet??? Has happened here in qld one bloke tried to get woollies to buy a pack back, but no-go, serves him right.... Dundiggin

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 am

Same here mate.
Chatted to a Coles store manager a week ago and he said a large number of people were wanting to return their TRs and asking for refunds. It's a not a chance situation. Ya don't know where they have been.

Have just heard that Fiji has just discovered its first corona virus victim...A flight attendant,
My daughter arrived back here from Fiji two days ago and can now feel fairly safe that she did  not bring the virus back with her. but of course still has to self isolate  for 14 days...The risk here is far higher than in Fiji.
  I guess this flight attendant being the first recorded in Fiji to get this virus will be a great starting point to find out just how fast this virus can spread from one person.
Flight attendants contact a lot of people.  pale

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/fiji-reports-first-case-of-novel-coronavirus/1771327

Anyway, now that my daughter has arrived back safely in Australia and after all the bs that her CEO threatened her with because she went overseas (he approved her leave and knew she was going to Fiji ) has all settled down and she has now got food and assistance during the isolation; I have calmed down a bit and so should not be posting any more agro re this virus....Well not much anyway. Very Happy
I definitely got peed of re her treatment regarding her decision to go overseas even tho there were no restrictions at the time. She still may loose her job but hell, at least she can eat.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 am

Carona virus panic - Page 2 Screen10

Best thing I've seen so far,basic and simple.

The most important thing now is to stay focused.
These forums we are on will become the life blood /center for our sanity,they have never been more important than right now.
Bite your tongue if you feel it's getting out of control.As we have said before if you have a gripe PM the mods,we'll endeavor to moderate Very Happy
If you can't say anything nice then don't say it all.
As Kon said we're all in this together.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:18 am

This is interesting.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/30-percent-us-coronavirus-cases-people-between-ages-20-44-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

It appears from these charts that the very old are not contracting this virus anywhere near the numbers of younger people.
Sort of stands to reason because the very old do not travel overseas in great numbers as do the younger ones. The older people contract the virus when the younger ones bring it to them either at home or to the retirement homes.

The very young between 0 and 19 are not highly represented but can still be carriers and so they should not get big headed thinking they are immune and can therefore do what they want and go where they want.

I am starting to feel like the Trump in saying that the cures we are implementing are doing far more harm to society and the economy than the complaint.
Just a thought, not gospel
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:09 pm

adrian ss wrote:Same here mate.
Chatted to a Coles store manager a week ago and he said a large number of people were wanting to return their TRs and asking for refunds. It's a not a chance situation. Ya don't know where they have been.

Have just heard that Fiji has just discovered its first corona virus victim...A flight attendant,
My daughter arrived back here from Fiji two days ago and can now feel fairly safe that she did  not bring the virus back with her. but of course still has to self isolate  for 14 days...The risk here is far higher than in Fiji.
  I guess this flight attendant being the first recorded in Fiji to get this virus will be a great starting point to find out just how fast this virus can spread from one person.
Flight attendants contact a lot of people.  pale

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/fiji-reports-first-case-of-novel-coronavirus/1771327

Anyway, now that my daughter has arrived back safely in Australia and after all the bs that her CEO threatened her with because she went overseas (he approved her leave and knew she was going to Fiji ) has all settled down and she has now got food and assistance during the isolation; I have calmed down a bit and so should not be posting any more agro re this virus....Well not much anyway. Very Happy
    I definitely got peed  of re her treatment regarding her decision to go overseas even tho there were no restrictions at the time. She still may loose her job but hell, at least she can eat.

Just heard from my daughter that after just two days this Fiji flight attendant was already well along the way to recovery.....Still had plenty of time and opportunity to spread it about.   I wonder at what stage does an infected person become non contagious??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:01 pm

This is the big big line up trying to get into WA Shocked

Carona virus panic - Page 2 Big_li10
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 am

Dave, I think most would be trying to get back home after being on the east coast.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:55 pm

I wonder how many of those vans are prospectors heading west.

As for the cure being worse than the illness, I remember when the Fukushima nuclear plant went bang. Not one person died from the explosion or the fallout, which was very mild, but about 1800 people died in the ensuring panic.

The economic fallout of this virus might very well be the worst the world has seen although we'd hope our stock exchange and government economic managers will have learned something from the GFC. But as of this moment it doesn't look like it.

With the price of gold heading toward $3000 an ounce you can bet there are a lot of prospectors heading out bush to look for the yellow stuff. We have thought about it ourselves but the problems are too many. What with crossing borders, being able to access water, being denied food when the local shops demand ID and if you aren't a local you miss out. On top of that there will be a few of those people who don't like competition even though you have a right to be there. There might be some lively conflicts on the goldfields this year, the rewards being what they are.

We will just sit this one out and when the borders open etc we will probably head north somewhere and just enjoy the sun. We did that last year. Had 18 weeks away right up to Cape Tribulation than back down taking it easy and enjoying the ambience of a winter sun in the north along with great times with family. It'll be no hardship to do something similar later in the winter.

Good luck to all those heading off later on.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Jen
Jen
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:57 pm

adrian ss wrote:Freedom of speech. I will say what I want to say.

I was at the bank today and a mini run has commenced and I was one of the runners. Very Happy... They would not give me what I wanted...Not yet anyway coz they will have ta hire a armoured van. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:22 pm

I hear ya DELWP & PMAV, but all these new laws effective from basically midnight tonight, are all based around the one camping overnight on such grounds. What I want to know, do these same laws apply to the non camper, the day recreationalist, within & around the Golden Triangle (state forest), or is that part of the "all non essential travel bit" meaning all are to stay at home (jail), do not pass GO, do not collect your $200. Shocked Q35  
Can anyone shed any further light to this question?

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3560
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum