Off Topic Coronavirus

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Empty Re: Off Topic Coronavirus

Post  Slavitoooo on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:28 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Slavi, I hope we don't see it getting that bad here, but what choice will the government have, if people persist in doing the wrong thing by further spreading the corona virus. Shocked

Cheers Kon. T25  
First, China delayed a lot of time with the information about the virus. They have been hiding information for quite some time. Just then, there were major Valentine's Day festivals in Italy, many people, many kisses.
I would also like to remind you, do not listen to what the doctors say about the masks, the virus cannot fly alone, it is always inside a drop, each mask can hold a drop, ordinary masks protect us for up to 2 hours. If we have been with many people after 1 hour, the mask must be changed or before we go home.
Gloves are very important, especially when we touch things that have been touched before by many people. Shopping carts for example! When we are wearing gloves and the money we touch is no problem.

Another very important thing that I practice.
When I shop then leave everything in the car, I only pick it up in the morning, if there was a random virus on the product after 9 hours it should have died. Of course, then I wash everything at home, the bread must go through the toaster.
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  philip.j.thompson on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Okay, QLD and VIC have canned all camping in RV parks and from what I read state forests national parks etc. In QLD unless its essential you can't go, unfortunately expect similar lockdown in NSW sooner rather than later. So in my opinion all fossicking and prospecting will probably soon be banned until at least June. Not a happy camper, no pun intended, as areas in Northern NSW still closed due to fires. Would much rather self isolate and fossick or detect in the great outdoors but the powers that be want us to stay at home. Evil or Very Mad

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm

Yet today there was a womens soccer match on in Canberra if what I saw on tele was correct. What hope have we got Rolling Eyes

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:54 pm

planetcare wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
planetcare wrote:
Ivan N wrote:This is a reply i made on youtube vid, you folks should have a read!!

Finally; someone with half a brain, every ....... year >500000 people worldwide die from Influenza, where is all the commotion about that? nothing, nada, how the .... this got to this stage is criminal, and i tell u what many of these doctors are to blame, do you know that it's been known for years magadose intravenous VIt -C can stop most viruses in there tracks, the studies have been done, it works yet because it 's a common cheap product the majority of doctors refuse to accept this evidence, it's nothing short of criminal, they would rather people die than put there pride aside. 

Where are the published double blind clinical trials(the gold standard for drug evaluation)  that show that IV mega doses of Vit C have anti viral activity?  Just interested.

I guess those who use these vita tabs do not care much whether scientific trials have been done on them, They do not need proof if the tab works for them, even if it could be a placebo effect it matters  not. If it works it works.
I might catch a cold once every couple of years and I have had the flu only once in my lifetime, and believe me once is enough.

I take vita C, zinc, E & D daily and eat a well balanced diet (thanks to Mum who taught her kids well) Now whether this is actually helping ward of flu and colds is a question I do not require an answer to from a scientific test. Maybe I have natural immunity and even if a scientific test indicated that these vitas were ineffective in keeping colds/ flu away I will still keep taking them because I believe they work for me....Science is not always correct.

If you believe they work for you that's fine even although most of your Vit c is excreted in a few hours.But the danger with all of these unproven and home remedies comes about if they believe that they give people some immunity to corona  virus which may cause  them to become very lax with their social distancing rules and then acquire the virus and then infect many other people.

I doubt that we are that stupid. I for one am super cautious when I go out to the shops. I trust myself to do the right thing but nobody else especially when near on nobody is wearing a mask in the shopping ctrs here in Canberra and yet stores are sold out of masks...Where the hell are they all??
Immunity does not mean you cannot infect somebody. You may not become ill but can still be a carrier.

I was under the impression that all inbound international flights were cancelled.
I see one dream liner coming Tokyo to perth and one Air bus coming from HKG to Bris  to night. That is a lot of people if those aircraft are full.
Another wave of corona about to land in an hour or three.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 pm

I agree with you on the mask side of things slavi. Firstly when wearing an appropriate type/size mask or respirator to suit whilst out on a mission, not only helps the one who might have the corona virus from coughing into the open air/spreading it, but also helps the one who hasn't got the corona virus from catching it, for how can it not?
If this were not true our government would not have ordered a few million face masks recently.
Adrian, you might have looked out of place the other day, by being the only one wearing a face mask whilst out shopping, but trust me when I say, even the koalas/kangaroos will soon be required to wear them in a months time from now. Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 am

I did feel as tho everybody was avoiding me like I had the plague. People walking towards me would divert up another isle or give me a very wide berth when in fact it was myself who was trying to avoid getting too close to those without masks especially when many of them were coughing. affraid pale
  Most people have the seasonal change over sniffles and cough and is not likely to be corona but who wants to take the chance. They should all be wearing their panic purchased masks otherwise give them to me and my wife because we have not been able to buy any masks for weeks and we only have 2 el cheapos left.

A host on the tele this morning said in a very dramatic manner that this virus is going to go world wide. ...Like Duh! Where the hell have they been hiding, it went global months ago

Anyway it looks as tho we will not be seeing our daughter for quite some time now for as long as the ACT/NSW boarder is closed.and her cat that we have been minding while she was in Fiji will probably become our cat.

How many older people are there out there living alone in the suburbia with no family left to help, sick and afraid to venture outside and could easily die through starvation or an illness.

As I said a while ago. China has a massive debt to repay to all countries on this planet as the result of their ignorant mindless stupidity in keeping the escape of this virus quiet from the WMO.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Empty Virus life on different surfaces

Post  delapan on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:21 am

Was reading results of life span of virus on various surfaces, interestingly, the comment was made that the virus stayed alive in the air for the entire 3 hour duration of the test.
For adrian on last post, read section 92 of the Australian constition

Last edited by delapan on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info and spelling)
delapan
delapan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:28 am

Whats done is done Adrian. Now In times of great distress, a clear head is needed, for panic & worry gets us nowhere. Keep in mind, many of us here are in the same boat with families, all going through this dilemma/tough time together. We must stay vigilant in doing what we have to do, in order to get through this pandemic. These might be uncertain challenging times, but you are not alone. Smile

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 am

Seems I was wrong. The ACT NSW border is unlikely to close. (from a reliable source this morning)
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:33 am

delapan wrote:Was reading results of life span of virus on various surfaces, interestingly, the comment was made that the virus stayed alive in the air for the entire 3 hour duration of the test.
For adrian on last post, read section 92 of the Australian constition

What the!!
Has Australia got a constitution?? Blimey you would never know it from the amount of laws we are controlled by. The most law controlled country on the planet.
With all of the laws we are controlled by we must be a pretty unruly lot Aye. Or maybe we are just all apathetic and can't be bothered standing up for our god give freedoms and rights any more. Aussies today do not have a fraction of the gumption, guts and intestinal fortitude that our Forefathers had. We have let them down big time.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Pebbles on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:33 pm

Adrian. That is probably the biggest load of rubbish that you have ever posted (and that’s saying something)!

Were you living under a rock when the bush fire crisis was on?

Pebbles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Re (ordinary masks protect us for up to 2 hours. If we have been with many people after 1 hour, the mask must be changed or before we go home.)

I wonder, if we run out of masks, can a mask be re used after 24 or 36 hours, similar to leaving the groceries in the car over night after shopping..

PeterInSa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm

PeterInSa wrote:

I wonder, if we run out of masks, can a mask be re used after 24 or 36 hours, similar to leaving the groceries in the car over night after shopping..

Maybe spray with Glen20 is says on the can it kill all virus
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivan N on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Intravenous Vitamin C: Pathway to a New Therapy to Save Lives

This is the Title to a Youtube Video of a Professor discussing the outcomes of patients that where treated with megadose Vit-c on sepsis, which was the result of pneumonia.
Linus Pauling saved a s... load of lives with this treatment, research up on the work he done, there have been some studies done by the western world but using lower doses, which does not present results like megadoses, and then it has mostly been dismissed mostly because there is not a buck to be made, you don't seriously believe that every doctor is in it to save lives, there are a s...load into to make a buck and that is it, we are not living in a perfect world, some people are wicked beyond belief, they will sacrifice lives if they have to, just to get there way.
It is simple, Vit -C is an anti-inflammatory, it works just in small doses, i can attest to that, there is SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE that it works, particularly in high doses, that video will give you the evidence that you seek, there are no other meds that are known to kill any virus, they are talking about a cure, yeah right, were are the cures for influenza, rhinovirus etc, not one exist, meanwhile people are dying and there is enough evidence for Vit - C at worst to keep people alive, in most cases recover fully, so yeah let's start all over again and do a s... load of trials and let many 1000's of people die in the process, this is what really p..... me off, what do the doctors have to lose?, it is cheap it is safe, considering there is no other effective treatment, it should be administered
now, even while they are trying to create a medicine to kill it, which likely will not happen.

Hospital treatment of COVID-19 with high-dose Vit C

That is another title to a youtube vid by a Chinese American doctor who is in direct contact with the Chinese who have already had success and are currently doing more trials.

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Yep if the respirator/mask states its reusable, washed with/in a good disinfectant wash, or if made of cotton/carbon filter, boiled in hot water for 5min & then dried out, or if you have a portable UV steriliser at home (just like the barber shops or hospitals have, for the sterilisation of hand tools) should more than suffice for sterilisation purposes wise, but not meant on masks for disposable use.
Glen 20, perfect for the daily spraying of individual rooms around the house, killing any airborne germs.

Cheers Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Pebbles wrote:Adrian.  That is probably the biggest load of rubbish that you have ever posted (and that’s saying something)!

Were you living under a rock when the bush fire crisis was on?

Thanks mate I luv you to.

The bush fires have 100% nothing to do with my comments
     Of all of the posts that I have posted I don't recall ever chastising anybody for what they have posted. We are all entitled to an opinion If I disagree with what a person has posted then I will state my view on the topic without a personal attack or say nothing at all. No more and no less.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm

The reason cures/vaccines are said to take between 12 to 18 months to make & then a minimum of another 5 years to trial, is to see what possible short term or long term side effects they may have on people, before being pronounced safe for distribution/consumption to the public.
Lets face it, you don't want to wake up one morning, talking to someone that looks like you, before realising the second head your talking to, is growing out the side of ones neck. Shocked Q35

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Kon,
Thalidomide, the drug that was developed, from memory for leprosy, in the 50's banned worldwide in the 1960s after it produced thousands of babies with missing and stunted limbs.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2502

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:31 pm

From a previous post:
I was under the impression that all inbound international flights were cancelled.
I see one dream liner coming Tokyo to perth and one Air bus coming from HKG to Bris  to night. That is a lot of people if those aircraft are full.
Another wave of corona about to land in an hour or three.

Today at 1630,
Still more Aircraft arriving from overseas . DOHA to SYD...KUL to SYD.....HNL to SYD x 3.....Sin to SYD x 2
So lots of corona still arriving.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  philip.j.thompson on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:30 pm

NSW has closed all caravan parks and camping grounds, only those who live there or there visitors allowed to be there, and yes a fine for noncompliance
regards all

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Ivan N wrote:Intravenous Vitamin C: Pathway to a New Therapy to Save Lives

This is the Title to a Youtube Video of a Professor discussing the outcomes of patients that where treated with megadose Vit-c on sepsis, which was the result of pneumonia.
Linus Pauling saved a s... load of lives with this treatment, research up on the work he done, there have been some studies done by the western world but using lower doses, which does not present results like megadoses, and then it has mostly been dismissed mostly because there is not a buck to be made, you don't seriously believe that every doctor is in it to save lives, there are a s...load into to make a buck and that is it, we are not living in a perfect world, some people are wicked beyond belief, they will sacrifice lives if they have to, just to get there way.
It is simple, Vit -C is an anti-inflammatory, it works just in small doses, i can attest to that, there is SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE that it works, particularly in high doses, that video will give you the evidence that you seek, there are no other meds that are known to kill any virus, they are talking about a cure, yeah right, were are the cures for influenza, rhinovirus etc, not one exist, meanwhile people are dying and there is enough evidence for Vit - C at worst to keep people alive, in most cases recover fully, so yeah let's start all over again and do a s... load of trials and let many 1000's of people die in the process, this is what really p..... me off, what do the doctors have to lose?, it is cheap it is safe, considering there is no other effective treatment, it should be administered
now, even while they are trying to create a medicine to kill it, which likely will not happen.

Hospital treatment of COVID-19 with high-dose Vit C

That is another title to a youtube vid by a Chinese American doctor who is in direct contact with the Chinese who have already had success and are currently doing more trials.

No evidence to support intravenous high-dose vitamin C in the management of COVID-19
Related information
23 March 2020
The TGA is aware of a report that intravenous high-dose vitamin C may be beneficial in the management of a COVID-19 infection.
We have investigated this report and found there is no robust scientific evidence to support the usage of this vitamin in the management of COVID-19.
No published studies were found for the usage of this product for COVID-19.
Two recently published open-label studies relating to the use of vitamin C in other types of infections, associated with septic shock and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), were identified and reviewed. In both of these studies, where vitamin C was used as monotherapy (used alone) or in combination with other products, there was no clear evidence of benefit. It cannot be concluded that intravenous vitamin C is an effective treatment of ARDS (resulting from COVID-19, or otherwise).
More research is needed before any recommendation for the use of intravenous vitamin C in the treatment of COVID-19 can be made.
The public should be reassured that there are many organised, scientific research studies being fast-tracked on therapy for COVID-19, both locally and internationally. Obtaining good evidence in the management of the current COVID-19 pandemic is essential in ensuring public safety.
https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/no-evidence-support-intravenous-high-dose-vitamin-c-management-covid-19

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:39 pm

PeterInSa wrote:Re (ordinary masks protect us for up to 2 hours. If we have been with many people after 1 hour, the mask must be changed or before we go home.)

All ordinary masks can be washed.
I do this after removing the mask at home, dipping it in a glass of hot water, after the warm water has lost its heat, I wash the mask.
Depending on where you are, you can only use irons for ironing at home - this also kills viruses and germs.

It does an excellent job of sterilizing masks.
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Lesno-10

Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 pm

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Screen10

Vitamin C (Ascorboc Acid)was found to be fairly useless for handling regular Flu cases in the last decade.  I believe that this has been published in MANY medical journos to let the public know that Vitamin C wasn't all that useful with colds and flu cases unless the victim was already undernourished etc.

However, In relation to COVID-19, Vitamin C was used with a considerable amount of success.  I saw a live feed from a doctor from China who had his video removed from YouTube for stating that Vitamin C was being used to successfully treat victims of Cononavirus.  In one instance, an entire family was infected, including elderly members, and he treated them all successfully with Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).  The reason his videos were pulled was because Facebook, Twitter and Google are trying to shut down any sham advice that is not endorsed by the World Health Organization.  This doctor identified himself but was mortified that his expose was swept away with the videos proclaiming snake-oil cures because he was actually on the frontline fighting the Coronavirus.  I lost an uncle to SARS last year so I'm usually keeping an eye on major illnesses and pneumonia treatments. As early as February, we had Media Watch groups like this one state that Vitamin C had no effect on Coronavirus and labelled any claim to the contrary as False. ( https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/fake-coronavirus-cures-part-3-vitamin-c-isnt-a-shield/ ) And yet Vitamin C is now clearly one of the major frontline weapons in fighting the Coronavirus COVID-19 in the hospitals... from China and Korea to America and Australia.  Why is there such pressure for mainstream media to offer two contradicting headlines on this subject?  The same applies to the subject of protective masks...

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Screen37

Whilst it's would be reprehensible for anyone to be writing about fake cures and snake oil treatments, the manistream media is now stating that the deadly deathtoll in New York City from COVID-19 is now being managed with Vitamin C.   I do not know if this is via tablet or through intravenous injection.  But all the doctors I spoke with said tablet form would be fine and that too much (excessive) intake would at worse trigger bowel irritation and, if in MASSIVELY stupid-high doses (tens of thousands of milligrams per day) might cause Kidney Stones in some people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8149191/New-York-hospitals-treating-corona-patients-6000-milligrams-VITAMIN-C.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11252320/coronavirus-doctors-treating-patients-vitamin-c-significantly-better/

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Screen36

There's certainly a lot of BAD advice going about from professional news platforms and even government platforms right now concerning Face Masks.  You will no doubt have seen the publicity telling people NOT to wear a face mask.  This is indeed bad advice.  The countries & cities forcing their population to wear them (Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Singapore) are the ONLY countries that have had success in "flattening the curve" of contamination.  I think it's nothing short of CRIMINAL that they keep repeating the "Don't Wear A Mask Unless You Are Sick" mantra when the UN's very own tests show the masks are instrumental in slowing or stopping infection.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 A_mix_10

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 15851810

Wearing a Face Mask DOES reduce the transmission rates.  This is why anyone you see that is working with Border Control, Medical or First Response is wearing them.  The only argument repeated endlessly is that people buying up masks prevents doctors from obtaining them.

Washing your hands is FAR more important.  But even wearing a tea-towel around your face has a 60%+ chance of reducing infection transmission with Coronavirus.  Below is a 2008 chart showing similar microbial and viral particle sizes and the effectiveness of mask filters.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 15850010

In the end, it doesn't hurt to take Vitamin C.  It's inexpensive and harmless.  The same applies with masks (if you have them).  I'm going to be wearing a mask, protective eye-ware and gloves the next time I go out shopping - probably on Friday or Saturday.  When I get home I'll be spraying the packets and cleaning the soles of our shoes before entering the house and removing them. My wife has MS.  My mother is dealing with three different cancers (including throat cancer).  There's no chance I'll put other people at risk by not wearing a mask.  And by taking Vitamin C, I may offer myself a better chance at dealing with this virus if I end up catching the more virulent L-strain.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Img_6012

It doesn't hurt to take extra precautions.  I've seen nothing but TERRIBLE public behavior from Australians since the Quarantine measures were applied. Above is a picture that I took last weekend when the Social Distansing measures were in effect.  There were HUNDREDS of people walking around, having lunch together, hanging out on the beaches or shopping together.  They bumped into me as they squeezed past on the boardwalk when I went to buy some basic groceries with my father. The next day Stage 1 Restrictions kicked in.  The day after than Stage 2 restrictions came into effect.  Now we're looking at being properly sealed into our homes except with good reason. The Army and the Army Reserve have just been activated to assist in keeping the population under control as something akin to "martial law" looms and presumably to assist with asset delivery and even grocery delivery to homes.  Today, even further restrictions pretty much leave just Supermarkets and Petrol Stations open.

Wash your hands.  I said it before.  This is the best way to deal with the virus.  Keeping yourself fit by cutting out smoking and dosing yourself with Vitamin C are useful and harmless activities.  If you have a mask, don't be afraid to use it when dealing with other people.  It's such a simple precaution and it may help prevent you passing it on to someone who might not survive it.  I happen to know that more than a few members here have high blood pressure because I've spoken to them about this subject.  Those with high blood pressure are in the very high risk category.

I was called over to someone who shook my hand before I could stop him.  This was 2 weeks ago. I even had sanitiser in my left hand at the time.   He was in a restaurant that was just about to close due to trade problems due to Coronavirus and I was there to get takeaway.  He was on his way to the big football game at Parramatta Stadium.  I advised him that this was a poor decision... as was shaking my hand.  I washed my hands with alcohol-based sanitizer twice before I got in my car.  Yesterday I was informed that this man is now very sick with flu-like symptoms and has called in sick.  Let's hope it's a flu... but how did he catch it if he was being "careful"?  A friend in north America lost his mother to the virus about a week ago.  Two of my friends tested negative in the ACT and are now out of quarantine.  But it's out there.  It's deadlier than the media are reporting, although they're just starting to look into this.  Don't take chances with it.  Hopefully we can get back to the real world soon enough.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  philip.j.thompson on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Tasmania is kicking all tourists out, bet NSW will shut down totally in next few days
regards all

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Great article Nero,I'm off shopping in the next few days .
I think the problem is people will feel "funny" wearing a mask.
We need this government to encourage people who have a mask to wear one ,tv adds, radio adds, newspaper adds, WEAR A MASK WHEN OUT SHOPPING.
These adds would normalize the behavior & make people feel comfortable wearing one.
As to vit c ,asobic acid ,great stuff.
The old fashion stuff is sometimes better.
I've seen people with Pseudomonas wounds not respond to antibiotics,but wash the wound with 10% solution of acetic acid [good old vinegar] and bingo the wound clears up.
Apple cider vinegar,manuka honey and other remedies all have there place.
If it works for you ,fantastic I say

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm

thanks Slav,I'll give the face mask thing a go

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Slavitoooo on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:14 pm

moredeep wrote:thanks Slav,I'll give the face mask thing a go

cheers   moredeep
Yes, the best protection against coronavirus is to wash your hands.
Today I got wet charcoal towels. I ordered them from Poland, one pack costs 2 AUD. Fortunately, couriers are still working here in Europe.
The wipes are made of cloth after they are dry and I will use them to increase the efficiency of ordinary masks.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 0-02-014
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 0-02-015
Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 311
Slavitoooo
Slavitoooo
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:05 am

nero_design wrote:Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Screen10

Vitamin C (Ascorboc Acid)was found to be fairly useless for handling regular Flu cases in the last decade.  I believe that this has been published in MANY medical journos to let the public know that Vitamin C wasn't all that useful with colds and flu cases unless the victim was already undernourished etc.

However, In relation to COVID-19, Vitamin C was used with a considerable amount of success.  I saw a live feed from a doctor from China who had his video removed from YouTube for stating that Vitamin C was being used to successfully treat victims of Cononavirus.  In one instance, an entire family was infected, including elderly members, and he treated them all successfully with Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).  The reason his videos were pulled was because Facebook, Twitter and Google are trying to shut down any sham advice that is not endorsed by the World Health Organization.  This doctor identified himself but was mortified that his expose was swept away with the videos proclaiming snake-oil cures because he was actually on the frontline fighting the Coronavirus.  I lost an uncle to SARS last year so I'm usually keeping an eye on major illnesses and pneumonia treatments. As early as February, we had Media Watch groups like this one state that Vitamin C had no effect on Coronavirus and labelled any claim to the contrary as False. ( https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/fake-coronavirus-cures-part-3-vitamin-c-isnt-a-shield/ ) And yet Vitamin C is now clearly one of the major frontline weapons in fighting the Coronavirus COVID-19 in the hospitals... from China and Korea to America and Australia.  Why is there such pressure for mainstream media to offer two contradicting headlines on this subject?  The same applies to the subject of protective masks...

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Screen37

Whilst it's would be reprehensible for anyone to be writing about fake cures and snake oil treatments, the manistream media is now stating that the deadly deathtoll in New York City from COVID-19 is now being managed with Vitamin C.   I do not know if this is via tablet or through intravenous injection.  But all the doctors I spoke with said tablet form would be fine and that too much (excessive) intake would at worse trigger bowel irritation and, if in MASSIVELY stupid-high doses (tens of thousands of milligrams per day) might cause Kidney Stones in some people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8149191/New-York-hospitals-treating-corona-patients-6000-milligrams-VITAMIN-C.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11252320/coronavirus-doctors-treating-patients-vitamin-c-significantly-better/

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Screen36

There's certainly a lot of BAD advice going about from professional news platforms and even government platforms right now concerning Face Masks.  You will no doubt have seen the publicity telling people NOT to wear a face mask.  This is indeed bad advice.  The countries & cities forcing their population to wear them (Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Singapore) are the ONLY countries that have had success in "flattening the curve" of contamination.  I think it's nothing short of CRIMINAL that they keep repeating the "Don't Wear A Mask Unless You Are Sick" mantra when the UN's very own tests show the masks are instrumental in slowing or stopping infection.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 A_mix_10

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 15851810

Wearing a Face Mask DOES reduce the transmission rates.  This is why anyone you see that is working with Border Control, Medical or First Response is wearing them.  The only argument repeated endlessly is that people buying up masks prevents doctors from obtaining them.

Washing your hands is FAR more important.  But even wearing a tea-towel around your face has a 60%+ chance of reducing infection transmission with Coronavirus.  Below is a 2008 chart showing similar microbial and viral particle sizes and the effectiveness of mask filters.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 15850010

In the end, it doesn't hurt to take Vitamin C.  It's inexpensive and harmless.  The same applies with masks (if you have them).  I'm going to be wearing a mask, protective eye-ware and gloves the next time I go out shopping - probably on Friday or Saturday.  When I get home I'll be spraying the packets and cleaning the soles of our shoes before entering the house and removing them. My wife has MS.  My mother is dealing with three different cancers (including throat cancer).  There's no chance I'll put other people at risk by not wearing a mask.  And by taking Vitamin C, I may offer myself a better chance at dealing with this virus if I end up catching the more virulent L-strain.

Off Topic Coronavirus - Page 7 Img_6012

It doesn't hurt to take extra precautions.  I've seen nothing but TERRIBLE public behavior from Australians since the Quarantine measures were applied. Above is a picture that I took last weekend when the Social Distansing measures were in effect.  There were HUNDREDS of people walking around, having lunch together, hanging out on the beaches or shopping together.  They bumped into me as they squeezed past on the boardwalk when I went to buy some basic groceries with my father. The next day Stage 1 Restrictions kicked in.  The day after than Stage 2 restrictions came into effect.  Now we're looking at being properly sealed into our homes except with good reason. The Army and the Army Reserve have just been activated to assist in keeping the population under control as something akin to "martial law" looms and presumably to assist with asset delivery and even grocery delivery to homes.  Today, even further restrictions pretty much leave just Supermarkets and Petrol Stations open.

Wash your hands.  I said it before.  This is the best way to deal with the virus.  Keeping yourself fit by cutting out smoking and dosing yourself with Vitamin C are useful and harmless activities.  If you have a mask, don't be afraid to use it when dealing with other people.  It's such a simple precaution and it may help prevent you passing it on to someone who might not survive it.  I happen to know that more than a few members here have high blood pressure because I've spoken to them about this subject.  Those with high blood pressure are in the very high risk category.

I was called over to someone who shook my hand before I could stop him.  This was 2 weeks ago. I even had sanitiser in my left hand at the time.   He was in a restaurant that was just about to close due to trade problems due to Coronavirus and I was there to get takeaway.  He was on his way to the big football game at Parramatta Stadium.  I advised him that this was a poor decision... as was shaking my hand.  I washed my hands with alcohol-based sanitizer twice before I got in my car.  Yesterday I was informed that this man is now very sick with flu-like symptoms and has called in sick.  Let's hope it's a flu... but how did he catch it if he was being "careful"?  A friend in north America lost his mother to the virus about a week ago.  Two of my friends tested negative in the ACT and are now out of quarantine.  But it's out there.  It's deadlier than the media are reporting, although they're just starting to look into this.  Don't take chances with it.  Hopefully we can get back to the real world soon enough.

Coronavirus: it’s time to debunk claims that vitamin C could cure it
https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-its-time-to-debunk-claims-that-vitamin-c-could-cure-it-132803

planetcare
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:13 pm

I was watching two guests on The Conversation, a man & a woman, one was a virologist. What she said was the best thing to do is to wash your hands (as others have said here) and keep your hands away from your face.

The way she explained it was - the virus has a lipid (fat) coating and soap/washing liquid breaks down with soap (like getting fat off your dishes when washing up) and the inner layer of virus is exposed and with that exposure comes the death of the virus cell.  She said wash hands regularly, wipe down bench surfaces and keep hands away from face was the most effective way.

Masks seem to be ‘low on the list’.  I was told, before this virus, that Asians generally wore masks when they had a cold so not to pass it on in the community (ie: not to avoid getting a cold so to speak).  I would imagine masks would help if someone were to sneeze near you. I’m also told to remove a mask at the straps, don’t touch the front of mask when removing.

Staying home is the best option for now.

Stay safe everyone.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:10 pm

Live long and prospect Annie, were staying at home as well, and all good so far. except a bit of cabin fever Very Happy

stay safe and isolate

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6082

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum: