Detecting ....Missadventures

Go down

Detecting ....Missadventures  Empty Detecting ....Missadventures

Post  hugh62 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 pm

I don't know what I've done wrong ,accidently walked over a Chinamen's grave Question but the last 12 months has been a series  of misadventure's .
               Early last year when walking back from the car to retrieve my crow bar and 1'' probe ,went to jump over this gully ( done so heap of times before ) and instead landed on my right knee ,result ,one ring barked right knee and very sore foot .
                    Then later whilst detecting along a steep ridge ,the feet slipped out from underneath me   result ,one very sore tail bone and lower back .
                     Then one day while checking out a target under a bush ,straightened ,and came face to face with a very angry mob of paper hornets and their nest ,result of that was one ring barked right knee ( after I went down in my haste to get away ) and a face that looked like I had a serious case of mid life Acne .
                     Then in about June the doctors decide to chop a toe off ,on my right foot ,which meant keeping off it ,whilst it recovered ,result ,months of precious detecting time lost while it recovered .
                          I'll have to continue this on in other posts ,as after 2 other attempts at posting ,decides to time me out very quickly ,and its very frustrating when that happens ….Q07
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Detecting ....Missadventures  Empty Re: Detecting ....Missadventures

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Sounds like it might be time ta re group .

The only way I know of beating the( "Time Out") on long posts is to type up in Word, save and then post it.
The first time t happened to me I nearly tore my hair out...What there is of it.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2582
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:42 pm

So comes about August ,Sept before I can get into it again ,but this next misadventure was the most exciting one of all .. Rolling Eyes
                                  Late one afternoon I decide to take a quick run out on the quad to check a bit of new ground out ,and while coming down this steep old logging track ,decides to pull up and put the bike back in 4wd for the descent ,but stupidly ,I pull up the bike at bit of a angle ,but at the last second the front tyre rides up on a large rock ,and in a flash the bike spits me off ,down hill ahead of it ,coming behind me ,but amazingly id landed on both feet ,and was surfing the loose slaty gravel down hill , its only when I spun around to confront the bike ,that I went down heavily on both knees and elbows ,and lightly kissed the gravel with my face ... Shocked but any way I managed to throw my self to one side as the bike was going to go over me , so then whilst profously bleeding out ,the main priority was to right the bike again ,with out giving it a second chance at going over me .So I managed to right the bike again ,so next thing is to try and start the bike ,as it has stopped ,but no power what so ever ,no dash lights ,nothing ,so i'm in the darkness now ,holding up fuses against the bit of moon coming out ,probing wires etc ,trying to get power back on .What also made this … episode … a bit more dramatic was no one new where I was .. Embarassed I did have a 1st aid kit ,good for scratches or snake bites ,but in this case I didn't use it ,id also thrown in my water bottle and PLB ,but in quite reflection there in the darkness ,probably wouldn't have done me much good any way ,espically if the bike was on top of me .. Exclamation I also realised there are penalty's for activating your PLB ,if  they don't deem it a life threatening emergency ,besides I realised too that one of my emergency contacts might go into hysterics if she was contacted by  the search and rescue ,mmm maybe its better she didn't know .. Smile I did also think of walking cross country ,cause as the crow flys ,I was probably only 3 k's from home ,but in the dark and steep terrain ,I gave that idea away ,opting to walk the 10 - 12 k along the tracks .With no power meant the 2 way on the bike didn't work as well ,and no mobile coverage where I was either .So by about 11 pm after giving up trying to get the bike going again ,decided to start walking ,with about a litre of water left ,thinking id get home 6 -7 next morning ,and in the darkness i'd  inadvertinly left the ignition on ,and as I got off the bike ,some strange electrical clicks sounded ,and the DASH LIT UP ,it was a beautifull sound when I hit the starter and she fired up ,so any way I got home alright ,then drove my self into the hospital at about midnight ,to get cleaned up ... Smile
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Hugh, please make sure that you tick off the little square box next to the words "log in automatically" before logging on. This will assure you of much longer time limits/breaks between or during the write up of posts. If then your posts are still persisting to dis-appear or time out before or when pressing the "Send", then something might not be quite right from your side.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:03 pm

adrian ss wrote:Sounds like it might be time ta re group .

The only way I know of beating the( "Time Out") on long posts is to type up in Word, save and then post it.
The first time t happened to me I nearly tore my hair out.by Kon61gold on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm
Hugh, please make sure that you tick off the little square box next to the words "log in automatically" before logging on. This will assure you of much longer time limits/breaks between or during the write up of posts. If then your posts are still persisting to dis-appear or time out before or when pressing the "Send", then something might not be quite right from your side.

Cheers Kon. ..What there is of it.

Thanks ,yeah I have been ticking that box , and will keep in mind about type up in word , yeah and it could very well be at my end ,thanks to Telstra Wi Fi ... Mad
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:27 pm

So any way the next little adventure was just before xmass ,normally I don't detect in hot weather ,but i'm getting a bit anxious for some detecting time as i'd lost so much time during the year . So by about 10 am i'd decided i'd had enough for the day ,being there since 4 am ,and after a short walk back to the car ,100 meters or so ,layed the 5k across the top wire to straddle this fence ,that's about all I can remember ,next thing I can remember ,is wondering why every thing was dark when I tried to see ,then realizing that my hat was covering my face ,there I was laying spread  eagled on the other side of the fence ,any way a few minutes later whilst sitting there with the air con on and having a drink ,wondered what that was all about as its never happened before ,not a scratch on me ,nor any side affects ,all I could think of ,was the short rapid walk back to the car ,the heat ,and when I bent over to straddle the fence .. scratch  any way I did decide there and then ,that it was enough for the year ... Smile
                         So comes along the new year ,thou this time I didn't even get a chance to turn the detector on ,I gets out to my spot bit before 4 am ,steps off the quad and proceeds to make my way down this pad down a creek bank ,( been down it a heap of times before ) and about half way down ,feet go out from underneath me , and I end up in the bottom of the creek ,result just a bit of bark off the right knee ,but managed to roll my foot out ,resulting in torn ligaments and tendons ,VERY painfull .Detecting ....Missadventures  P1080010
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm

The next little misadventure isn't really Detecting related ,but it does make me wonder if my luck is starting to change .. Razz  
                                     Couple of nights ago id just arrived home from ducking into town ,and wheels into the shed ,and i'm there leaning over the bonnet ,eyeing off this massive dry storm directly overhead ,probably for about 10 minutes ,when suddenly i'm blinded by this bright red / orangey glow ,like a welding flash ,and then next second a almighty bang ,and some thing brushed my ear lightly as it went sailing past ,bit of bark i'd say ,when the lightning hit the tree ,about 30 meters away .You can see down in the bottom left where it tore the bark clean off ,and above it and to the right where its been ''marked '' It could of been much worse of course ,this being only bit of '' hit '' thou i'd hate to see the mess it'd make if it hit you ... Crying or Very sad
                                      So what misadventures have happened to you ;that your prepared to share ... Smile
                                               Detecting ....Missadventures  P1090010
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:19 pm

You get 10 out of 10 for misadventures, and still being able to tell us about them.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6082
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Detecting ....Missadventures  Empty RE: deecting...miadventures

Post  dundiggin on Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 pm

It has been said before but here it is again "life wasn't meant to be easy". Glad you're still with us. dundiggin

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:15 pm

Well I'm glad you are still with us to tell the tales! Mate, go and buy a couple of lottery tickets!
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:56 pm

I broke a fingernail once.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm

A mate of mine got bit right on the end of you know what by an inch ant [bull ant].
Put an end to his detecting for the day,oil of cloves was the only thing that soothed his predickament Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am

Holy mackerel, you’ve certainly had a bad trot! Holy Moly Surely, it can only get better in 2020.
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1033
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:05 pm

moredeep wrote:A mate of mine got bit right on the end of you know what by an inch ant [bull ant].
Put an end to his detecting for the day,oil of cloves was the only thing that soothed his predickament Laughing Laughing Laughing

cheers  moredeep

Something similar happened to me once ,thou nothing like your mate experienced , I'd been sitting spread eagled on my spoil heap chiseling my target out ,and when I stood up I got bitten in the groin area multiple times ,and when I dived my hand in under my shorts to pull what ever it was ,my hand got bitten as well ,so with my imagination running wild and in a bit of panic , I quickly pulled my shorts down ,to reveal a piece of ''TIGER PEAR '' had inadvertenly  rolled into my open shorts when id been sitting on the ground ... Q35
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:05 pm

I had to google "tiger pair" to work out it was a type of cactus prickle,wow, I'd hate to make a choice between which one to choose affraid
They sure can make you do some crazy disco dancing lol!

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Hugh,

on behalf of all prospectors I would like to thank you very much.

It looks like you have taken on the ills that would have befallen us. Thanks to you I don't think I or anyone else needs to worry about hurting themselves for the next 10 years.

For goodness sake, take it easy and get lots of rest. Invest in some bubble wrap for the next time you go out.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Axtyr wrote:Hugh,

on behalf of all prospectors I would like to thank you very much.

It looks like you have taken on the ills that would have befallen us. Thanks to you I don't think I or anyone else needs to worry about hurting themselves for the next 10 years.

For goodness sake, take it easy and get lots of rest. Invest in some bubble wrap for the next time you go out.

Regards Axtyr.

.. Razz .. no worries m8 ,yeah it sounds like i'm a bit accident prone ,but I just see it as a bit of bad luck really ,but trust me , I've still got most of my fingers and toes ,and really I cant remember having too  many misadventures prior to 12 mths ago .I know that when I go out next time thou i'll have some knee pads sewn onto my snake gaiters .. Wink But the main problem is that I don't bounce as well as I used too either .. Laughing
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Gravity's a curse,once it starts it's hard to stop Mad
Look at every step you take out in the bush,avoid auto pilot walking What a Face

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum