Off Topic Bitcoin .

Go down

Off Topic  Bitcoin . Empty Off Topic Bitcoin .

Post  Minermike on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Gold is money , perhaps all off topics should be related to money ? All others deleted ....

Just read that if you had invested $1 in Bitcoin in 2010 it would be now worth $90,026 . I did buy 10 Bitcoin in Aug. 2016 for $793 each . It would be nice if I still had them .....
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Off Topic  Bitcoin . Empty RE; OFF TOPIC BITCOIN

Post  dundiggin on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:25 am

Did you do your dough?? If so I thought Bitcoin was a scam.

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Off Topic  Bitcoin . Empty Re: Off Topic Bitcoin .

Post  Minermike on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:15 am

Bitcoin is not a scam . You need to read more about it . At the present time money invested in Bitcoin is US$158 billion . One Bitcoin is now worth AUD$12,679 . I do not own any Bitcoin but I hold other cypto coins . Since the boom times , I have had to hold them or sell them at a loss .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:33 am

Should have brought some rhodium a few years ago
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:05 am

Minermike wrote:Bitcoin is not a scam .   You need to read more about it .   At the present time  money invested in Bitcoin is   US$158  billion .   One Bitcoin is now worth  AUD$12,679 .   I do not  own any Bitcoin  but I hold other  cypto coins .  Since the boom times , I have had to hold them or sell them at a loss .

Just to put this in perspective, Australian Super funds hold more than 2.7 Trillion dollars. Makes bitcoin fairly small change IMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superannuation_in_Australia
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 am

I was just trying to point out that Bitcoin was not a scam IMO. Others will believe it is a scam and the world is flat .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic  Bitcoin . Empty RE ; OFF TOPIC BITCOIN

Post  dundiggin on Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:31 pm

recently an add promoting bitcoin appeared in my e-mail and it certainly sounded great but being in the unsuperanuated pensioner league I thought caution was the order of the day and that is why , miner Mike, I wrote what I did to sus out the territory , as it were..Thank you for replying..dundiggin.

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter on Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Anyone who was holding Bitcoin at its price peak then offloaded it and used the funds to buy Palladium Bullion
would be doing very well profit wise. Who would have guessed that?

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:23 pm

It now seems HAMAS is using Bitcoin to finance terrorism. I know nothing about Bitcoin but it is probably using as transactions of Bitcoin may be easier to hide. These groups will stop at nothing in their efforts to destroy Israel.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:37 pm

And all the crims and druggies !
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:18 pm

To day Bitcoin is  AUD$15,598.54 . Well .... at one time I did have 10 Bitcoin , now worth AUD$150,598.54 . In 2016 I paid $793 each not sure if that was Aussie or Yankee dollars ..... Better than investing in shares .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Minermike wrote:To day Bitcoin is  AUD$15,598.54 .  Well  ....  at one time I did have 10 Bitcoin  ,  now worth  AUD$150,598.54 .     

Mike, Think we have all been there one way or another, what's gone is gone, no going back.
Sold an ounce or three Wink back in '82 to the Perth Mint, think it was about $300.00/0z back then. Very happy with a months holiday, Thailand, Hong Kong & Japan. king queen
Wonder what sort of holiday I'd get at todays price?
During the Poseidon boom in the 70's a mate borrowed and bought up big with shares, all the time encouraging me, never did.
Today he lives in a home conservatively valued at $3.5 million.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2501
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:55 pm

I simply cannot get my head around something that doesn't actually exist in the real world being worth anything. The price of a bitcoin is it's price not its actual worth. Call me old fashioned but if I cannot see it, hold it or feel it I am very wary of it. Poseidon shares I can understand as it was an actual mine but bitcoin is like fairy farts you cannot hold them in your hand.
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:31 pm

granite2 wrote:I simply cannot get my head around something that doesn't actually exist in the real world being worth anything. The price of a bitcoin is it's price not its actual worth. Call me old fashioned but if I cannot see it, hold it or feel it I am very wary of it.  Poseidon shares I can understand as it was an actual mine but bitcoin is like fairy farts you cannot hold them in your hand.

To be honest most transactions today are in digital form.Even a wallet with cash is just a wallet with bits of paper inside.I see no difference in a Bitcoin wallet used to purchase goods or a paywave transaction with a chipped card.
Once the governments start to print money to cover debt our paper money will start to devalue and gold or bitcoin will be the best bartering system.
You can already see when the stock market has a hiccup,Gold and Bitcoin rise together as a safe haven.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1694
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum