How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  butch on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Does the SP01 with it's extra filters raise the performance of my GP3500 to the level of a GPX model?
Will it give me anything like sensitive smooth for example?

butch
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2019-12-10

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Been asking about this gadget but specifics as to how good or bad this thing is have not eventuated.
This could mean that nobody is using it or it is no better than other audio enhancers.... I would like it to be excellent but in this case, no news is bad news.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  rockhunter62 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:36 pm

You are a member of the other forum Adrian, go look there.

Try this link,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23766

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Age : 57
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Reg Wilson on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:52 pm

So there you go Adrian. You can learn something new each day. A good little gadget mate.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Age : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  mbasko on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:08 pm

butch wrote:Does the SP01 with it's extra filters raise the performance of my GP3500 to the level of a GPX model?  
Will it give me anything like sensitive smooth for example?
The short answer is no.
The Steelphase SP01 is an audio enhancer. It has no effect on the machines timings or base operation at all.
From Steelphase website:
"Filter Switch

This selects one of three different audio filtering options.

Each filter has been designed to enhance the signal without boosting unwanted noise.

The optimum setting will depend on detector setup and operators hearing preference.

Mode Switch

Position 1: Used for both stereo and mono wired operation.

Position 2: Used for stereo wired headphones or stereo wired dual speakers only."
https://www.steelphase.com.au/index.php/front-page/audio/sp01-audio-enhancer


mbasko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  SteelPat on Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:43 am

adrian ss wrote:Been asking about this gadget but  specifics as to how good or bad this thing is have not eventuated.
This could mean that nobody is using it or it is no better than other audio enhancers.... I would like it to be excellent  but in this case, no news is bad news.

All other audio units on the market are Audio Boosters. All they do is increase the volume.

The sP01 enhances the signal, in that it puts more of an edge on target responses making them easier to distinguish (especially faint broad targets) as well as increasing overall signal level.

SteelPat
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Age : 56
Registration date : 2018-04-25

https://www.steelphase.com.au

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:07 am

rockhunter62 wrote:You are a member of the other forum Adrian, go look there.

Try this link,

 https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23766

Cheers

Doug


Had a bit of a read. Sounds ok.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks for the replies.

Sharpening up those quiet broad signals is pretty handy.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:45 am

butch wrote:Does the SP01 with it's extra filters raise the performance of my GP3500 to the level of a GPX model?  
Will it give me anything like sensitive smooth for example?

You got a few replies but how well it performs on the 3500 is till unclear but from the sound of it, it should be fine.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  butch on Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:16 pm

adrian ss wrote:
butch wrote:Does the SP01 with it's extra filters raise the performance of my GP3500 to the level of a GPX model?  
Will it give me anything like sensitive smooth for example?

You got a few replies but how well it performs on the 3500 is till unclear but from the sound of it, it should be fine.

Thanks for all replies.
Thanks Adrian. I'll give it a go next season (April) too hot in the gold fields now in WA.

butch
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2019-12-10

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Pebbles on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:03 pm

I realise that this does not address the OP’s question, but I think that it is relevant to the above discussion.

In September, a mate lent me his SPO1 to try out. I used it on my 2300 (with headphones) and went over a patch that has been hammered over many years using various detectors including the 7000. In fact, if I didn’t have the SPO1 to try out, I would not even have stopped there!

I found about another dozen tiny pieces, including two approx. 0.8 gram bits that were down around 10 inches. The initial signals from these two were very “iffy”, but nonetheless, detectable. Would I have picked up all the pieces without the SPO1? I can’t say, but I do know that I will be getting one of my own next year.

PS: Butch, if your budget can bear it, get yourself a GPX 4500. There is simply no comparison between it and the 3500.

Col

Pebbles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Sharkbait on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:29 pm

Pebbles wrote:I realise that this does not address the OP’s question, but I think that it is relevant to the above discussion.

In September, a mate lent me his SPO1 to try out.  I used it on my 2300 (with headphones) and went over a patch that has been hammered over many years using various detectors including the 7000. In fact, if I didn’t have the SPO1 to try out, I would not even have stopped there!

I found about another dozen tiny pieces, including two approx. 0.8 gram bits that were down around 10 inches.  The initial signals from these two were very “iffy”, but nonetheless, detectable. Would I have picked up all the pieces without the SPO1?  I can’t say, but I do know that I will be getting one of my own next year.

PS: Butch, if your budget can bear it, get yourself a GPX 4500.  There is simply no comparison between it and the 3500.

Col

Q33
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 867
Age : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  crowbar on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:05 pm

I have owned and used a VTEK Nugget Booster Amplifier, Rooster Booster, B&Z Booster & now currently have an SteelPHASE sP01 Audio Enhancer.

I ended up selling the RB however still have the VTEK Nugget Booster Amplifier the B&Z Booster and I have found very little difference between all 4 of them when I have compared each against the other using my GPX.

However I am using the sP01 at present and will continue to evaluate its performance out in goldfield.

crowbar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-04-27

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  joe82 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:20 am

just unwrapped the sp01 and first impressions are good its a well made solid but light weight model switches and dials are tight and not poorley made cant wait to give it a run cheers steelphase

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Age : 38
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:17 pm

G'day crowbar & Joe

After carefully assessing & putting the SteelPHASE sp01 to the test, do let us know your thoughts on it.

Cheers gents, Kon. santa T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Age : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  moredeep on Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:30 pm

you must be foaming at the mouth to get back to your patch Joe? Laughing
Good luck.
cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 698
Age : 59
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  crowbar on Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:12 am

Kon61gold wrote:G'day crowbar & Joe

After carefully assessing & putting the SteelPHASE sp01 to the test, do let us know your thoughts on it.

Cheers gents, Kon. santa T25

Kon,

My friend and I have detected together for many years and he has been using a B&Z Booster on his GPX5000 since he purchased the detector in 2011 and has detected plenty of nuggets with that combination and continues to do so.

On our recent trip together last week I detected gold using the sP01 with my GPX5000 but he did not and we both were using 12” Evo coils. However on our previous trip he detected gold using his B&Z and I did not using the sP01, again both using the same coils. We are also using the same detector settings since these settings produced the best result when testing the 12” Evo coil.

Now is the sP01 better than the B&Z, well we are detecting gold with either, he happy with his B&Z and I with the sP01 at present.

crowbar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-04-27

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  peterinaust on Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:03 pm

crowbar wrote:
Kon61gold wrote:G'day crowbar & Joe

After carefully assessing & putting the SteelPHASE sp01 to the test, do let us know your thoughts on it.

Cheers gents, Kon. santa T25

Kon,

My friend and I have detected together for many years and he has been using a B&Z Booster on his GPX5000 since he purchased the detector in 2011 and has detected plenty of nuggets with that combination and continues to do so.

On our recent trip together last week I detected gold using the sP01 with my GPX5000 but he did not and we both were using 12” Evo coils. However on our previous trip he detected gold using his B&Z and I did not using the sP01, again both using the same coils. We are also using the same detector settings since these settings produced the best result when testing the 12” Evo coil.

Now is the sP01 better than the B&Z, well we are detecting gold with either, he happy with his B&Z and I with the sP01 at present.

I have the B&Z on my 7000, I would swing over to the SP01. But reading the above?? scratch

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Age : 72
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Thank you crowbar. I do appreciate your honest feedback to my question. Fellas & like yourselves, I've used more than one type signal enhancer in the past especially & including the B&Z with good results. It is more of a curious thing as to the workings of the sp01 that's grabbed my attention. I'v got to admit though I haven't used a signal enhancer since the day I acquired the GPZ 7000. I just never thought it necessary, but after 30 odd years of detecting, the hearing side of things, isn't quite what it use to be & certainly no point if you're struggling to hear the faint in-ground signals.
I think I better get back out there & do some testing on the GPZ 7000 with the boosters I currently have, before deciding on anything else.

Cheers gents, Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Age : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  joe82 on Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:29 pm

ok, had a lap for the first time today (yes moredeep keen as) hit the same creek,gully that has produced 13oz for the first time using the sp01 and hit 3 targets that I have been over 3-4times already with different settings on the 7k first one 6-8inches half a bullet casing Shocked but I didn't hear it before then 4m up got a nice signal right beside a dighole that pushed out a oz specie and I have moved rocks and gone also over this 3-4 times with different settings only to dig up a 2gm bit at 8-10 inches that I didn't hear before Shocked Shocked Shocked not pissing in pockets but this thing works!!!! went to a gridded area at the head of the ridge-patch and nailed a bit that sounded like a 5 gm bit witch was a 0,04 ish nugg that I also have been over before.... the settings with the sp01 was a detector volume of 5-8 low I no but a sp01 setting of 6-6.5 filter on 1, 5 being the best so far in gen,dif sens 13 audio smooth off ground smooth off I will keep you guys posted on further tests, if anyone has tried different things I would love to no cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Age : 38
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks for the update Joe. Do keep us posted. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Age : 58
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  moredeep on Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:08 pm

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat Joe, NO PRESSURE THOUGH!! Laughing Laughing Laughing


Cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 698
Age : 59
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  joe82 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:37 am

ha no pressure Very Happy at some stage I will put the sp01 on the 5000 with the 19' evo and run the same gully aswell, I wouldn't expect to find anything but something tells me the 5000 may punch a bit deeper on big gold but im by far no expert Shocked

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Age : 38
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:29 am

joe82 wrote:ok, had a lap for the first time today (yes moredeep keen as) hit the same creek,gully that has produced 13oz for the first time using the sp01 and hit 3 targets that I have been over 3-4times already with different settings on the 7k first one 6-8inches half a bullet casing Shocked but I didn't hear it before then 4m up got a nice signal right beside a dighole that pushed out a oz specie and I have moved rocks and gone also over this 3-4 times with different settings only to dig up a 2gm bit at 8-10 inches that I didn't hear before Shocked Shocked Shocked not pissing in pockets but this thing works!!!! went to a gridded area at the head of the ridge-patch and nailed a bit that sounded like a 5 gm bit witch was a 0,04 ish nugg that I also have been over before.... the settings with the sp01 was a detector volume of 5-8 low I no but a sp01 setting of 6-6.5 filter on 1, 5 being the best so far in gen,dif sens 13 audio smooth off ground smooth off I will keep you guys posted on further tests, if anyone has tried different things I would love to no cheers joe,

The best I can get with a .9g solid sluggy bit with my 2300 is approx 6 inches in air with sens at normal and I have to streeeeetch my imagination to hear it.
Does this sound right for the 23?
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Nightjar on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:29 am

adrian ss wrote:
The best I can get with a .9g solid sluggy bit with my 2300 is approx 6 inches in air with sens at normal and I have to streeeeetch my imagination to hear it.
Does this sound right for the 23?

Adrian, Airtests? Does anyone detect swinging their coil 6" above ground? Before you jump on me I know it is a fait indication, however depending on temperature, EMI and other atmospheric interference you can't compare.



Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2498
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  Nightjar on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:39 am

joe82 wrote:ok, had a lap for the first time today (yes moredeep keen as) hit the same creek,gully that has produced 13oz for the first time using the sp01 and hit 3 targets that I have been over 3-4times already with different settings on the 7k first one 6-8inches half a bullet casing Shocked but I didn't hear it before then 4m up got a nice signal right beside a dighole that pushed out a oz specie and I have moved rocks and gone also over this 3-4 times with different settings only to dig up a 2gm bit at 8-10 inches that I didn't hear before Shocked Shocked Shocked not pissing in pockets but this thing works!!!! went to a gridded area at the head of the ridge-patch and nailed a bit that sounded like a 5 gm bit witch was a 0,04 ish nugg that I also have been over before.... the settings with the sp01 was a detector volume of 5-8 low I no but a sp01 setting of 6-6.5 filter on 1, 5 being the best so far in gen,dif sens 13 audio smooth off ground smooth off I will keep you guys posted on further tests, if anyone has tried different things I would love to no cheers joe,

Interesting Joe, where we go I have been walking what I have named "My Creek". Advanced through the years from the Garrett Groundhog, Whites Vsat, Minelab 2000, 2100, 3500, 4000, 4500, every detector found gold. Can't wait for this season to roll around and go for a walk with the GPZ-7000 + 14" then 19", have fitted a SP01. With the SD-2100 I found two very deep pure 13g nuggets sitting on kaolin base so fingers crossed.
Haven't kept a tally but my total and my partners with her SDC-2300 would have to be 2+ounces.




Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2498
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Nightjar wrote:
adrian ss wrote:
The best I can get with a .9g solid sluggy bit with my 2300 is approx 6 inches in air with sens at normal and I have to streeeeetch my imagination to hear it.
Does this sound right for the 23?

Adrian, Airtests? Does anyone detect swinging their coil 6" above ground? Before you jump on me I know it is a fait indication, however depending on temperature, EMI and other atmospheric interference you can't compare.



[/quote
Yes I know air tests and PIs is dubious but I have always thought my 2300 to be a bit weak on depth with small nuggs]
     One certain thing is that a tecta that can only hit on a 1 ozer  at 3 inches in air aint going to be much good on the same nug at a foot deep in the ground.
An air test with a Pi in quiet EMI conditions  will give an indication of the sensitivity of the machine to small stuff and a rough minimum in ground depth possibility.

I have actually searched with coils  6 inches off the ground with my early VLF/TRs over nasty ground and have even found stuff. I have also used big target deep searching machines with the coils about a foot and a half off the ground with success.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  joe82 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:02 pm

good things to come nightjar im sure, personally im happy with the performance of the 7 with the sp01 finding gold where I no I have been only a week ago and will be heading out tomorrow to a place I call dads patch found just after we lost him 2 years ago it has produced a oz specie at arounf 1.5-2 feet that the z could just hear if I was not gridding I most likely would have missed it so cant wait to see what happens there the whole area pushed about 3,5-4 0z Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Age : 38
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  joe82 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:06 pm

adrian ss wrote:
joe82 wrote:ok, had a lap for the first time today (yes moredeep keen as) hit the same creek,gully that has produced 13oz for the first time using the sp01 and hit 3 targets that I have been over 3-4times already with different settings on the 7k first one 6-8inches half a bullet casing Shocked but I didn't hear it before then 4m up got a nice signal right beside a dighole that pushed out a oz specie and I have moved rocks and gone also over this 3-4 times with different settings only to dig up a 2gm bit at 8-10 inches that I didn't hear before Shocked Shocked Shocked not pissing in pockets but this thing works!!!! went to a gridded area at the head of the ridge-patch and nailed a bit that sounded like a 5 gm bit witch was a 0,04 ish nugg that I also have been over before.... the settings with the sp01 was a detector volume of 5-8 low I no but a sp01 setting of 6-6.5 filter on 1, 5 being the best so far in gen,dif sens 13 audio smooth off ground smooth off I will keep you guys posted on further tests, if anyone has tried different things I would love to no cheers joe,

The best I can get with a .9g solid sluggy bit with my 2300 is approx 6 inches in air with sens at normal and I have to streeeeetch my imagination to hear it.
Does this sound right for the 23?
if given the chance mate try to find a washout bank sher drop off and inbed some inch poly pipe in and insert the nuggy into that for a test ,bet you already no this???? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Age : 38
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

How good the SP01 Enhancer? Empty Re: How good the SP01 Enhancer?

Post  adrian ss on Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Yeah Joe been there done that a few times over the years but not with the 2300.
  I have simply tested it on targets in my test patch and compared it to my other PIs. Yes it is  much better than my Infinium on small stuff and only slightly better than the TDI OZ.
Anyway I have read plenty of reports re gold nuggs and their depths found with the 2300 and I cannot shake the feeling that mine is not quite up to speed.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Age : 73
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum