Falcon md20

Go down

Falcon md20 Empty Falcon md20

Post  tnarg on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:47 am

Has anyone used a falcon md20 to assist in finding alluvial creek deposits?
As a newbie any experience with the above would be good or maybe you could recommend another detector for fine au.

tnarg

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-11-30

Back to top Go down

Falcon md20 Empty Re: Falcon md20

Post  adrian ss on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:56 pm

The MD20 is primarily a pinpointer.
Yes it will detect very fine gold but searching for a run of gold in a creek with it will be tedious plus it is not water proof and the probe cannot be pushed very far into the ground or river sand/gravel.
If you could find an old Gold Spear you would be better off because it has extension probes that in theory can go as deep as you like if you can get enough extensions. This tecta will respond to micron size gold and is limited to sandy gravels. It is however a long time out of production.
I have two and I am not parting with them.
The Whites Gold Master series are good on fine gold if it is close to the surface as in a couple of inches.
The GMT can follow runs of black sand. Where there is black sand there is almost always gold.

Just an opinion Not Gospel
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm

Use a pan and some logic . Most people will tell you that you find gold on the inside of a bend , that is not always correct . I found gold on the outside of the bend , on the Turon . It was flakes of the same size that were lodged in the rocks . They had got there with heavy flows of water . Never take a lot of gear to a spot unless you are sure there is some gold there . I have been there and done that .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm

I built a 3 inch gold dredge floated on two tractor tires . We drove to Braidwood/ Mongarlow . After setting it all up it did not work . We went and boiled the billy . It was decided the best option was to go back to Sydney the same day ! The 3 h.p. Findbury ? was not up to it . A 5 h.p. Rojector pump was bought . It was all tested in the swimming pool before going bush .......
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum