Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Despairing

+2
GPZhunter
moredeep
6 posters

Go down

Despairing Empty Despairing

Post  moredeep Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 pm

Despairing 20190720
Despairing 20190721
Despairing 20190719
Here are 3 pics how to fill your holes/scrapes
1, obvious scrape
2, fill,cover with leaf litter [ very difficult in desert county]
3, walk 3 meters turn around and see if your hole is visible.
To the 99.999 % of people who do the right thing ignore this post,to the .001% who love coming to the Castlemaine area prospecting and don't fill their holes don't bother coming.
You are giving this great past time a bad name,stay at home boys and girls.
To the 3 major coil manufacturers can you put a sticker on the coils shaming people who don't do the right thing [fill your hole just doesn't cut it any more.]
This hobby is on the verge of extinction,please just do the right thing.

cheers  moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Despairing Empty Re: Despairing

Post  Guest Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:02 am

Q33 Q15
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am

Despairing 20190724
Despairing 20190725
Went for a little drive and come across this,some knob head had dug a massive hole on top of this puddler, IT'S ILLEGAL!!!! YOU DIM WITS.
I've been ask why put stuff like this on a forum ,"cause it gives the geenies ammo",no this about taking responsibility for our hobby.
It's like any industry/group/politics/religion we need to honest about dodgy practices.
It'll also show to the "greenies" there a people who take responsibility for there knob head fellow prospector's foolish actions.
Don't get me wrong I'm no goody two shoes, I've done some pretty dumb things way back in the past but I've learnt along the way to improve.
It took me 5 minutes to fill and cover the hole,no skin off my nose and I'll keep doing it.
As I stated it's the .oo1% that do the wrong thing,we need to keep educating them and help them understand not to be a KNOB!

Cheers  moredeep

Last edited by moredeep on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:01 pm

The situation seems to getting far worse, hoards of newcomers entering the hobby with every media promoted nuggets find and new Gold show episode?
Their actions are driving proposed restrictions, TOLD YOU SO.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Despairing Empty and i'm getting really p@##^d off

Post  hugh62 Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:20 pm

The bloody  arrogance of some a$&*@!s ,up here in Nth NSW  ,I've been keeping an eye on some suspicious interstate  vehicles coming out town ,and today went and followed their tracks ,and sure enough thev'e been detecting ,bloody uncovered holes every where ,in the state forestry ,which in this particular area  is a non designated fossicking area . The shaft was actually hand dug last year ,but has been reviste'd and more taken out since    ,its about 6-7 long ,2 foot wide & 7-8 ft deep ,you fall into this one ,on your own ,you wont be getting out  Evil or Very Mad and look at the rubbish the barsteds left in the bottom  Evil or Very Mad                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Despairing P8040010
Despairing P8040011
Despairing P8040012
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:34 pm

hugh62 I could hear you swearing loud and clear from down here in vic m8.
Education is one of the solutions but then again it's hard to educate a nong What a Face

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:52 pm

I hear your frustration loud and clear, but feel i have to set the record straight a little on this one.

The single largest, unfilled holes that i've EVER come accross in the goldfields were indeed in Castlemaine (including 3 SMACK BANG in the middle of a road) and were dug by none other than a 60 something old crusty fella who i'd met a couple of weeks earlier, who is a LOCAL.  

I finally busted him after leaving a trail of destruction all the way through a particular gully, but he drove off before i had a chance to rub his face into one of his creations.  I know he is local because i met him a couple of weeks earlier.  He drives like a maniac also, but can't say for sure what his car as it was a while ago now.

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:59 pm

No doubt the above is of concern fellas, but seeing constantly, the dumping of domestic rubbish on the goldfields, in old timers holes, by the side of old tracks leading into gold workings, as well & right up & into worked gold bearing gullies themselves, is a shocking eye opener & all I could ask myself is why, why do such things, what has the bush done to you to deserve it being trashed like that? It brings a tear to my eye to see such things occurring Sad
For the many prospectors out there that go out of their way to do the right thing, good on you, for only good things can come from doing what is right, but the hand full few ratbags out there & not referring to just prospectors who don't back-fill their holes, but all or any person, whether from the cities, or locals from nearby country towns, who through shear ignorance/arrogance, carelessness & disrespect for the bush, rubbishing it constantly, I ask of you, do the right thing & "STOP" dumping your household domestic rubbish out in the scrub. Like the oceans of our planet, the forests/bush/scrub, is the source of all living life & what we as people do within our environment today, will reflect on our future tomorrow.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 am

These sorts of thing are going to shut our goldfields down. The Greens, Victorian National Parks Association, The Victorian Historical Society, VEAC, Parks Victoria, local Aboriginal Communities, and local Councils are just waiting for an excuse to either close down or severely restrict access to the goldfield because of the way they are being treated. The first lot of people in their firing line are prospectors.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:53 pm

I did try and put a reply but it took too long and was deleted . Bye . !
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:43 pm

I think we need to emphasise that for every one nong prospector; there's are a thousand good prospectors doing the right thing.
Just like driving there's always one DH that does something stupid,but the politicians don't seem to be trying to shut down people driving all together.
The same in politics,there are some great politicians doing great work and the odd knob pollie stuffing it up for all of them.

cheers  moredeep

ps miner mike ,I HATE THAT!!! Laughing
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:50 pm

Minermike, when login on, tell me that you're ticking off that little white square box, that comes after "Log in automatically"?  Cause if you don't, there's a time limit between breaks or time-out, during the write up of a post.
I couldn't agree more with you there moredeep. It always has been & always will be, the handful non caring few, that the many end up paying for.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 am

Yes, I always have the " Log in automatically " ticked . What I find for some reason , that after a few days it will un -tick itself . It does not happen all the time , I then have to log in again .

Once , a woman abused me for not filling my holes in on the beach ! I hope she went and told the kids to fill their holes in . They can dig a lot bigger holes than me .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum