Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

+14
Axtyr
piston broke
ttrash
ben digo
Sharkbait
Travelergold
GemQ
Jay Gold
adrian ss
joe82
moredeep
deutran
GOLDGASM
Kon61gold
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   - Page 2 Empty Re: First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Post  Kon61gold Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:05 pm

The sky's the limit by the use of ones imagination Hugh. Few are the gold specimens found, that look really pretty, or stand out to the eye. The majority of gold found or combined with host rock, is ugly looking, but in saying that, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. Gold in specimen host rock (less a light scrub/wash or ultrasonic clean) I prefer selling it as found in its natural state. Now what the buyer wishes to do with it, i leave up to them.
Resale potential as a pendant piece no, not really, for you'll get better resale potential on a solid clean lump of natural gold nugget, made as or into a pendant, than an ugly looking gold specimen.  They are intended more for collectors, who seek gold in specimen host rock, left in its natural state, without having been dipped in acid.
People should not consider the price put on a gold specimen the same, as that of a solid natural gold nugget, unless their intentions, are of breaking the gold specimen down, reselling it for its gold content alone, which defeats the purpose of selling gold in specimen form. Gold in specimen host rock are considered gold specimens & should always be seen as just that & not as solid gold nuggets nor sold off as such (as some regularly put up for sale).  This is why the private sale of a gold specimen, does not go nor depend on the gold content in the specimen alone, but by its overall shape/size/colour etc etc & what the interested parties/s are prepared to sell for, or pay for such.
I'v sold through word of mouth to clients or past clients,  through gold buyers, as well as advertising goods for sale through ebay & or Gumtree. Which ever works best on the day.
Ay Hugh, what ever you do, don't present an ugly looking gold specimen to a nice attractive woman, with the hope of getting on her good side, for if I did something like that for my wife, I'd be wearing the gold specimen as a permanent hat. She prefers nice looking clean gold & nothing but the gold, so help me. Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   - Page 2 Empty -first-came-the-trash-then-came-the-tiddler-then-came

Post  bloodgold2 Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:34 pm

Good onya Kon, nice finds there buddy.
bloodgold2
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   - Page 2 Empty Re: First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Post  Kon61gold Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks bloodgold2. Good finds just don't come often enough.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 am

Well done!
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2