First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   Empty First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:48 pm

First came the trash, then came the 0.1gm tiddler, then came Shocked affraid Godzilla,Godzilla  T27  T18  Q35
Had a couple of hrs spare today, so headed for a god forsaken, worked to death area near by, expecting little or nothing to be found, but the winters sunny day, was just to good to skip an opportunity.
Using the GPZ 7000 & 10 inch X-Coil, I decided to go through the guts of a bedded down to slate gully, in the hope of pinging on to some form of minute bit of tiddler gold. Whilst slowly walking/detecting uphill, dead centre of this thoroughly worked out narrow section of gully/feeder, I came upon a half dug hole, a couple of inches away from a slate bar crossing. Seeing that it was quite recently dug up, but half back filled, I decided what the heck, shove the coil in/over it & give it a go. What was to follow left me more stunned, than a one eyed mullet. Shocked  On top and just by the side of the dug out hole, was sitting a piece of scrap bit of iron, but the hole itself, still gave a clear signal response.  Now in cases like this, many a person would pack their bags & move on swinging, knowing that highly likely more trash was left back in the hole & the person who had a good go digging it, believed & left it as such, without seeing the final result. I myself have done this on more than one occasion in the past but don't ask, for you could say curiosity to see the rest of what was in/down there, took the better of me & I thank my lucky stars it did. Whilst clearing out the hole & checking the throw out dirt, I got a faint but clear signal in amongst the throw out dirt, for a 0.1gm bit of colour. The first thing I said to myself was, this can't be the loud signal I was receiving from such a small bit of gold, so back over the hole, signal still there & much louder in response. I bedded the hole down to a few inches past the softer back-fill & into the soft compact clay, till the signal was out on the mullock pile & right I was. 14 inches down/all up from where I first heard the signal & at a glance it first looked like another bit of rusted steel, but heavier in weight, so I put on my reading glasses to have a better look & was left gob smacked. Shocked  cheers
The first picture bellow, is a piece of rusted steel. The second a wee tiddler of 0.1gram in weight & the third  Shocked all 25.9 grams of it
First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   00413
First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   00216
First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   00314
Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3558
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   Empty Re: First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Post  GOLDGASM on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:30 pm

you little beauty! what a ripping find congratulations kon Very Happy happy dance for days.

cheers GG
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   Empty Re: First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Post  Mike54 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Very nice nuggies there Kon.   T06   They obviously had your name on them.  Congrats to you and thanks for sharing your story and nice finds.    T25

Cheers.  

Mike.

Management

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 pm

The experience payed off great find.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1694
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Thanks gents. Once again it goes to show, just when I think I know for certain something, I know nothing. Tis most unfortunate, but prospecting for precious minerals, requires all us prospectors, to put in that extra yard, go that extra mile of no retreat/no surrender, in order for success to follow.
Soldier on fellas.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:26 pm

You little ripper kon, fanbloodytastic Very Happy Smile cheers

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:42 am

Oh WoW!!!
Congratulations Kon
A well deserved find Q38

Happy T18

Jen
Jen
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:09 am

you little (or not so little) ripper done well mate Very Happy

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1001
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:36 am

Nice one Kon. Proof positive that the dig all signals pays off.
I have lived that rule near on all of my detecting life but do admit that there have been days when I have left targets in the ground due totally to getting fed up with the flies and heat and finding junk most of the time. I say good luck to the bloke who comes along and digs one of my rejected targets and finds a nugget.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Thanks Jen, Joe & Adrian. Can't agree more with you there Adrian. In life we either do or we don't, but can understand that after digging one to many junk targets in a row, one spits the dummy & don't no longer care about the good bad or ugly signal in the ground. This is one reason why, there'll always be something in the ground left behind, for someone else who perseveres to find. Such is life.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Wow Kon, what a great story, I knew it was only a matter of time. Fantastic result. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We are out in the back blocks now, and having fun, I am giving a 17"x12" spiral X-Coil a run right now, the first target it heard was a 1.04g nugget where we have been over and over, before. Very Happy

The 10" X-coil over here is just simply amazing.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6078
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://www.x-coils.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Well done Kon! What a great story! Big congrats. You really gotta dig em all!!

Cheers, JG.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:23 pm

Beautiful piece of gold Kon - Must have been stoked with that piece. V11 V03
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Nice find Kon,  they do pop up from time to time, just your turn to be happy.
Like others have said, just show to dig every target regardless.   Bet if the previous guy there read this he would be kicking himself.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Thanks gents. Over the moon to say the least GemQ. cheers
I do want to add on something here by saying, if it were not for the smaller coil sneaking in a few inches closer down/over the target, Its just possible, (& I say possible) that others swinging a much larger coil, over this narrow slate/loose rock section of ground, were left with no option but to swing their larger coil, from a much greater height, possibly failing to hear the target signal all together.  Nah, who am I kidding, considering their dug out trash metal signal, was found sitting on top of loose mullock, a few inches beside their hole.  One thing for certain, was that the gold target, was buried a good 4/5 inches down into the undisturbed clay, no doubt shed off a near by gold bearing reef line aeons ago. V19
Definitely got to dig them all Jay but do we always? that's the problem.
They certainly do pop up & tend to catch one by surprise from time to time Travelergold.
Thanks Dave. I was more expecting these sort of finds, from the much larger coils, but m8, these smaller line of aftermarket X-Coils for the GPZ are simply gold killers  Q35  If only I had more time to prospect.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:16 pm

Brilliant stuff Kon cheers How many times do we go over an old dig hole,with anticipation that someone might have been a bit slack and left a "little" pressie for us Q10

Many congrats V36
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Not wrong there Sharkbait. One can only wonder on how many an occasion, one has given up digging out to see the target, because of digging up one to many bits of junk? Constantly digging up junk targets, especially ones buried deep, is not only hard on the body, but simply exhausts a person mentally as well.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   Empty First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?

Post  ben digo on Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:02 am

Great result Kon and well earned. If I ever needed confirmation to just dig everything no matter what I think or feel at the time then this is a great example. Top stuff.
ben digo
ben digo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-09-07

Back to top Go down

First came the trash, then came the tiddler, then came?   Empty Wow

Post  ttrash on Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:04 am

Wow

That’s a real beaut Kon

Congratulations cheers
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Thanks ben digo & ttrash. Apparently the odd speci-floaters, are still out there to be found. Shocked   rain clould  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Awesome Kon. Well written too mate T06 cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1601
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks Pete.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:25 am

Congratulations Kon and well done mate. As they say, the dig is not over until every bit is out and checked. But in saying that I to would have thought the same as the first broke did and moved on. I think we are all guilty of that at some stage.
wombat

Wombat
Management

Number of posts : 4660
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks & right you are Bill. I suppose Its just human nature to do so. There are times I wish I were a newbie again, keen to dig up everything, but we all know after 30 years swinging coils, that aint going to happen. Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 am

I'm guilty of it,after a long session swinging the big coil I get a little "punch drunk" poor technique and a half arsed dig.
Iv'e also dug tiddlers from old scrapes,probably combination of old technology and or inexperience?

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:41 am

Well done Kon, a very nice find there. It doesn't look like any piece of trash I left behind. It can't be because the hole would have been completely filled anyway.
All the good luck for you.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Thanks Axtyr. Now A find like this, forces me to go back to the same locality, trying out some of the larger coils, over the same sections of ground, in the hope that something else might turn up deeper down. Shocked Laughing

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Geez Kon,  i turn my back for 5 minutes. First heard about this yesterday What a beauty!!!!!
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3679
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Thanks Harry. Its been some time since I got the opportunity to get out for a couple of hrs. None the less lady luck struck once again. Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Not wrong there Sharkbait. One can only wonder on how many an occasion, one has given up digging out to see the target, because of digging up one to many bits of junk?  Constantly digging up junk targets, especially ones buried deep, is not only hard on the body, but simply exhausts a person mentally as well.

Cheers Kon. T25  

Never a truer word spoken Kon61 ,I try not to think about the Gold that I've personally walked over too hard , I'd probably start having night mares Laughing And yeah that's good going for that 10'' coil , good stuff .
           But m8 main reason why i'm revisiting your old post , outa curososity , is just to enquire what your opinion is  about that speci you found and or what you plan on doing with it ?? do you personally reckon its got resale potential as a pendant piece ?? how would you sell it ,if you did decide too ??
           Any specces I've ever rarely  seem to find are rather ugly  ,hosted in sedimentary , always want to find some good pieces to make pendants outa ,   (  to try and start pleasing a long list of females eagerly with there hands out Rolling Eyes  Laughing ) you'd probably know what i'm talking about !!
            Any way like I said just curious to your opinion off it ,cheers .
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum