targets that sound simliar to gold

Go down

targets that sound simliar to gold Empty targets that sound simliar to gold

Post  yellowmellow on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 pm

do the following have a similar sound signal as gold I use a gpx4500 and a 12 inch evo coil:

bullet casing
small shot ball
small nail
small bit of wire
small tack
small bit of steel and
ironstone

these are the most common targets that im finding am I n the right track here.

I find am I doing this right if I feel that theres a target but not 100 % sure should I ground balance next to the signal target and go over the area again before digging is this the correct thing to do please let me know thanks tim

ps: still no gold yet as said these are my most common finds
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

targets that sound simliar to gold Empty Re: targets that sound simliar to gold

Post  yellowmellow on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:08 pm

typical days detecting is duration of say 3 and a half hours maybe 4 if lucky this consist of say:

5 bullet cases
4 shot small balls
some bits of small wire
some nails
pieces of steel and
probably 2 hot rocks pebble sized though

but no gold
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Tim, firstly you have a good detector/coil combination. Secondly you are finding what most of us find. (junk targets)
If you're finding the targets you mention, you are doing nothing wrong, but well on the right track to finding gold nuggets (if they're there within reach) as well. It's just that gold isn't as abundant to be found, like it was 20 or so years ago.
Ground balance to the side of a suspected in ground target, only when you've dug down a few inches of top soil, but finding the signal strength of your suspected positive target, remains the same.
Positive in ground targets should or will get stronger in signal response the closer the coil gets to the target, whereas a hot pocket of mineralization or section thereof, remains pretty much the same in strength whilst digging down onto it, until it is all but dug up & spread out on the surface, dissipating/losing its signal strength. All/any positive in ground target encountered, will get stronger as your coil gets closer to it.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:29 pm

HEAR HEAR KON,SPOT ON

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 am

that's what im doing wrong at the moment im coming across an iffy signal I ground balance next to it but I don't take off an inch I don't dig at all I suppose im meant to in this case take off an inch to see if the signal gets stronger louder then ground balance currently I ve not done that I have ground balanced with out digging or scaping off an inch thanks for the advice
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am

Tim when you get a target, go over it a few times. First to see if it is truly a target. Then to be really sure, ground balance the coin next to "But" not on top of the target. Then go over the target again. If you are still getting a signal that could indicate it to be a possible target. Then scrape of a few inches and go over the target again. If the target has gone from the hole check your scrapings. If the target in in the scraping check the target, as it could have been gold sitting almost on top of the ground. But if there is no target within the scraping check the hole again. If the target signal is stronger keep digging until the target is out. Have a look at what you have dug out. If it is gold don't forget to check the hole again, there could be more. But if you have not got the target out and the target strength does not get any stronger after a few more digs with in the hole, that will more than likely indicate mineralised ground. Fill your hole in and move on. Remember to ground balance your detector every few yards while detecting. This will keep your machine working at it's best ability.
But Tim I can assure you what you are finding is exactly the same thing that most of us are finding these days. Our PMAV branch went out on Sunday to a very well known goldfield. There was 14 of us and only 4 VERY SMAll pieces of gold found. And they were found by only 2 people. The rest found what you are finding. So your not in that boat alone mate.
wombat Wink

Management

Number of posts : 4662
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum