Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators)

Go down

Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators) Empty Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators)

Post  adrian ss on Wed May 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Maybe the Clean Energy advocates should read this

.https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/wind/big-winds-dirty-little-secret-rare-earth-minerals/

I have known this for years but Greenie wind farm advocates have not a clue as to what is involved in creating a multi megawatt wind turbine.
Very far from being true clean energy I feel.

Last edited by adrian ss on Thu May 23, 2019 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2590
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators) Empty Re: Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators)

Post  Reg Wilson on Thu May 23, 2019 12:08 am

Stick to gold Adrian, or go join Finders.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators) Empty Re: Off Topic (Wind Farm Electricity Generators)

Post  adrian ss on Thu May 23, 2019 8:40 am

Don't be like that Reg.
If you disagree with the super magnet creation & production story then show me where it is wrong. I am quite happy to have my mind changed .
I put that link up just so people can see that all roses have thorns.

The end result of wind farm electricity generators is at first glance lots of clean energy but unfortunately in order to achieve that, a huge mess has to be created and because that mess is largely in China it is out of sight out of mind to the rest of the world. The Chinese don't care about making a mess in order to make lots of money, they don't care where that mess is or how many people suffer because of it.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold on Thu May 23, 2019 9:26 am

Geez adrian, you must have a lot of time to research anything.  Very interesting read. If that info is true then where are the greenies true beliefs. Pity that writeup wasnt run on page one of the big papers, if indeed true.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu May 23, 2019 9:58 am

I feel that The Greens are not interested in anything that might undermine their ideas, ideologies and beliefs and it is very obvious that they will not talk about anything negative about the causes of atmospheric pollution if it is against their beliefs. As far as they are concerned man is causing global warming and that is the end of the discussion, they will not listen to any other view on the subject.
The Boron Neodymium super magnets were very unstable in the early days due to oxygen causing instability.
I have a few of these early magnets that have almost completely disintegrated over a period of approx two years.
The later magnets are less effected by oxygen. But it is the by-products of the manufacturing process that is the problem
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 23, 2019 10:27 am

This was a gold site

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Thu May 23, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi everyone
Yes indeed this is a gold forum
BUT
Don’t you think general discussion can be anything in general ?
Within limits of course  Very Happy

Back to my lurking corner I go  lol!
Jen
Jen
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop on Thu May 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Excellent article Adrian. Thanks very much for posting the link.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu May 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Dig24crt wrote:This was a gold site

Yes it is a gold site and I did head the topic as "Off Topic" meaning not in direct reference to gold prospecting. The choice to read the topic is up to each individual. On the other hand; the activities of the Greens and environmentalists is having a negative effect on our hobby and many other "Away from the rat race" activities.
However where the super magnets used in the wind farm generators are concerned, the detrimental effect is to human and other life as well as the environment.
 I am all for clean energy but not at the expense of human and animal life whether it be global or localised to the waste dumping sites of these by-products of  super magnet production.

If you like to read techo stuff about Neodymium then this is interesting.....It is used in lots of stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neodymium

Last edited by adrian ss on Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 on Thu May 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Posting off topic might encourage more people to post as its been rather quiet in here for a long time now. Shocked

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Thu May 23, 2019 4:03 pm

As long as it stays within forum rules/limits & does not constantly exceed what this forum actually stands for (Gold Detecting/Prospecting etc), I see nothing wrong with "some" off Topic discussion on here fellas.
Quiet not only on here thegoldman, but everywhere. It always is but the hand full few, that go out of their way to contribute. Everything concerning gold (new detecting technology/gold finds etc) have all but been saturated/come to a standstill, which is all expected being this time of year again but, only a matter of time before gold finds from far north/south start coming in again. The calm before the storm I call it. Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold on Thu May 23, 2019 5:20 pm

I enjoyed the article Adrian, as it put the so called " clean " electricity into perspective.  Shocked

As for the gold side of things, I hope to have some positive reports next week. If the predicted rain will bugger off, I will be doing some serious testing and prospecting with my new GPZ 17 inch X coil fresh in from Russia !  Very Happy

Always keen to try new tech, and these have really piqued my interest ! Very Happy

Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  staples61 on Thu May 30, 2019 9:28 am

Adrian,
Interesting article , thanks for posting.
Staples

staples61
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum