Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic Clive Palmer

+8
Redfin
Reg Wilson
Travelergold
GPZhunter
flyspecks
Kon61gold
pablop
adrian ss
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Off Topic Clive Palmer Empty Off Topic Clive Palmer

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 am

I know Politics is not an advisable topic but what do Forum members think of his pre election chatter?
Seems to me that he is saying all of the right things at the moment (Being Patriotic and wanting an independent Australia) but implementing any of it if elected will be difficult while there are radical parasites in the senate.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4328
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Off Topic Clive Palmer Empty Re: Off Topic Clive Palmer

Post  Guest Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:35 am

I have to wonder how he is even allowed to be there/run etc, when he/his company never payed those workers when ONE of his companys went broke.

All the rhetoric and platitudes in his TV adds is like what the..................no doubt some will vote for him Shocked

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Agree with you 100% Dave. Lots of hot air and saying the right thing, but if can't manage own business, who would trust to manage OUR money.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 pm

C'mmon fellas, how bout showing some respect for our honourable, trustworthy, honest politicians?  V17  Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Q25 Q25 T04 Yeah Q25
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Hmmmm,I have a slight suspicion yez blokes don't think much of Clive....I mean it is just a gut feeling. Rolling Eyes
I think he as going to snag a few votes.. The way to get elected is to say what people want to hear. All pollies do that. The aim is to be re- elected/elected at any cost and not so much as to make the general populace happy. They want the power and the big supa payout.

I wonder how Clive's  Titanic venture in China is coming along?  If he is funding that with his own money then he is far from being broke.
So why didn't he pay out to the relatively few people he owes money to? That would be much less than the cost of building the Titanic replica. If successful, that little venture has the potential to make him a good bit of cash..
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Why didn't he pay out his workers what they were rightfully due upon closure of his Queensland Nickel mine a couple of years back is simple Adrian.
Have you not heard of the 3 musketeers code of ethics "All for one & one for all?"  Well Clive's only following & abiding by the renowned & world wide politicians code of ethics, "All for one & none for all" Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:20 am

Well I hope he can do something about the allocation of water because there is some very shonky business going on there.
He talks of Australians owning Australia and its resources instead of them being flogged off to overseas billionaires.
I believe that our mining industries should remain Australian owned and run and that Overseas company ownership should never be allowed to happen.
How much land and minerals in China do you reckon the Chinese would allow to fall into foreign ownership.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 am

Personal Opinion of Clive Palmer ( Not great, at times a fool ).

Parasites in the senate? Who are you referring to?

Bob Catter & Pauline Hanson strongly oppose the sale of our Nation's land, companies, homes & resources.
The major Parties ALP / Lib / Nat / Greens want the sell offs to continue?

I am sure Clive will get a few votes, as will others, but what power and influence can they make in terms of benefits for the real people of Australia?
Those being the Low & middle class power less people?

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 am

Pigs to the trough, a pension for life after very little work.Say one thing do another.First class all the way, rock star treatment for those that are not experts in their field.One says black, the others must say white . Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran next ?
Whats this I hear, Turnbull and Shorten talk of Australian fund to rebuild a bloody church in Paris.Saw Bob Hawke get off a plane at Tulla one day immaculately dressed, expensive suit and tie.Reporters appeared, , jacket off tie off shirt opened,just a worker one of us.An honest person wouldn't last 5 minutes in politics.Think about it, those in power have knowledge of whats going to be done long before you and I . knowledge also gives you the ability to make large sums of money thru shelf companies. Why do you think Trumps in the whitehouse.Why do you think lawyers leave their practices under management to become politicians. We are just the bleating mass on the Serengeti, surrounded by very smart preditors. Vote and you can change this system, cant be done.I remember a conversations with restaurant owner years ago.Talked of all the corruption and eventually became a counciler.Last time I heard from him he was in Venice doing a study on restaurant s and tourism.Fully funded of course. Oh well back to my bleating
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:52 am

Your exactly right Dig, shuffle the chairs but the direction is set, Kon put it nicely as well, "All for one & none for all"

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:01 pm

GPZhunter wrote:Personal Opinion of Clive Palmer ( Not great, at times a fool ).

Parasites in the senate? Who are you referring to?

Bob Catter & Pauline Hanson strongly oppose the sale of our Nation's land, companies, homes & resources.
The major Parties ALP / Lib / Nat / Greens want the sell offs to continue?

I am sure Clive will get a few votes, as will others, but what power and influence can they make in terms of benefits for the real people of Australia?
Those being the Low & middle class power less people?

Quote: "The major Parties ALP / Lib / Nat / Greens want the sell offs to continue?"

Unquote: Speaking of parasites!

Also I do not consider the Greens to be a major Party. They attract a very dismal primary Vote and will never ever be the elected Governing party and they know it, that is why they aim for the Senate. Can you imagine the absolute and utter mess this country would be in if they ever were elected and we ended up with a greens PM affraid

The Senate is all powerful and can make or break the Governing party by preventing policy action .
The greens for example have never achieved anything but a dismal primary vote but by attaching themselves (via Preferences)to the party that they think will win or come second in an election they stand a good chance of getting at least one member in the senate where they will gnaw away at policies that they disagree with and will/do cause chaos and disruption in the efficient running of this country.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Glad you know the Greens are total fools.
I think their vote has been as high as 10% at times, though more like around 8% now.

They are the greatest risk to Australian Politics.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Oh leave Clive alone Moe, woob, woob, woob woob, niah, niah. Q35  
First rule to becoming a great politician. "Promise them the world in order to get into power, then give them nothing". Shocked  Q35
To right there Dig24  "Search not for justice, where justice don't exist".  "Honesty in politics is futile & a very short lived career". In a nation of 26 million people or so, a nation rich in just about every mineral resource known, I ask why are we not capitalising in the manufacturing/production of our own countries resources, instead of selling it off raw at a pittance of its real worth to foreign investors, only to have it come back & sold off to us, as an expensive  foreign product?  Oh I know & we've all heard it more than once, we cant compete? What a load of crap. If Australia continues to take this path of action/thinking, we as a people will end up being a third world country & a slave of our own doing. So much for the clever country. Shocked If China is building/exporting cars, we should be building rockets for space travel & if China is building rockets for space travel, we should be travelling the stars. We talk about all the cheap, crap, foreign products, filling our store shelves only to end up as back-fill, but never talk about the fat cat middle men, who keep searching for an overseas manufacturer, in order to have an Item/product made cheaper by each passing day, leaving more profits to the company who came up with the product, hence the cheap components/breakdowns/back-fill we all to often hear of?  Cut out the profit driven/seeking middlemen, pay China what China is due & then see what product you get. No one will build you a Rolls Royce, when paying for a cheap Holden or Ford.
On another note concerning all political parties, the land & the oceans were made for man, rule them with strict laws, but allow all its inhabitants to share in the fruits of what the land & the oceans have to offer.  Nature does not, nor ever will belong to man, but man will always belong to nature.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:49 pm

Kon the biggest reason we won't be processing our own resources now is the transition to low carbon economy.
Building factories that consume energy to make value added products would increase our carbon emissions and
we are bound by the Paris Agreement. Our leaders would prefer we starved to death than provided a decent income to the nation.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:07 pm

That might be one reason GPZ Hunter, but regardless of which form of low carbon emission power economy is used, opening up the doors to the masses on free trade, is the nail in the coffin. We simply cannot compete $ for $ with the many, in whats currently being produced on the markets today. So many a nation is going out of its way to protect their industries, whereas Australia is going out of its way, to sell off even the little Australian made/owned product that is left. We as a nation need to find a way to exceed & excel elsewhere, (for we have the minerals/resources to do so), or be consumed by the cheaper made products of the masses or 3rd world here we come. We're already turning into a nation of warehouses where gigantic enterprises such that of Amazon over time, will consume the smaller enterprise & the gap between wealthy & working class, will continue to grow. Every inconceivable mistake/squander, made by the unaccountably held politicians, will continue to cost the working class tax payer more & more. I dread to see what awaits or whats in store, for future generations of Australians to come. Sad  

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GPZhunter Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Yes exactly i think since around 1980 Australia has been heading in the wrong direction in many areas.
We are the envy of the world in terms of resources but other countries dictate their terms of trade with us
to suit their own economies. Our leaders go over there with their mouths taped shut and there A*s* cheeks parted
and come back and ruin our Country.

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:31 pm

Rolling and Laughing T04  Well politicians, are you listening/paying attention? V02 V04 Do what is right for the people of Australia, not just for your pockets.  Q35

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:39 am

I told yez blokes that Clive would pole well.
Now the primary parties are running scared and both labour and Liberal are trying to snag his parties preferences.
The Party that gets his and the Greens preferences will win the election by a country mile.
Can you imagine the mixing of the Greens and the United Australia Party affraid pale
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:10 am

GPZhunter wrote:Kon the biggest reason we won't be processing our own resources now is the transition to low carbon economy.
Building factories that consume energy to make value added products would increase our carbon emissions and
we are bound by the Paris Agreement. Our leaders would prefer we starved to death than provided a decent income to the nation.
You are right there, but as usual the polly's don't think that china will pump more pollutants into the air than australia would by a long shot,cause they just do not care. At least if we process it there would be some form of regulation,  but we would also be 100 times better off economically.

Also regardless what you think of clive palmer, he does have some very valid points. And he is saying what the majority of australians think and say, just like pauline hanson years ago, but they have no method behind what they say to be able to back it up with any real policy. Pity really.and just to let you know, i am not racial in any way with our own australians or import australians. Our policies really need to change direction.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 pm

You all have a good whinge about our failure to build products here, but not a murmur about your foreign built metal detectors that you love so much.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:56 pm

The only Chinese branded detectors I have used were dismal failures. Who would conscientiously purchase a Chinese detector and expect it to actually work at a level above a detector made in the seventies?
Turkish Noktas are pretty good these days and Whites n Garretts are top notch. Fisher are doing well and have another PI in the works. If ML make their tectas in Malaysia then they must have good quality controls in place. Suspect
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:45 pm

What do you mean by if adrian? Minelab detectors are made in Malaysia, the country that has the worst reputation in the world for slavery in the electronics industry. The simple matter is that it is cheaper to manufacture there than in Australia. The profit margin is huge. The yanks make their detectors in America. Russian coils don't seem to worry Aussies either. Selective patriotism it seems to me.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:02 am

HI Reg.
The If was a mistake and I do not think Patriotism comes into it much Rather than it simply being a question of price and reliability.
  The only new detectors that I purchased from China were total failures and all of my other units were purchased second hand from Australian sellers with the exception of two which were American made and are still performing well after 15 years.

Anyway, back to Clive P
He is saying stuff that people want to hear; Maybe he is playing us for suckers? The Libs are negotiating for his prefs and Bill S is talking of splashing money around everywhere like Labour always does when elected which sends the country broke. He reckons there will be no more taxes. That may be so but you can bet that a few levies will increase, such as Medicare  and Rego will increase and the money he is going to hand out to parents with kids in day care will be off set by the day care centres upping their charges.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:48 am

Adrian, where have you heard of a politician not saying stuff people want to hear, during an upcoming election? Shocked  Q35
Promise them everything, then give them nothing. T26  Hail Caesar Shocked Q35
$Millions of tax payers dollars wasted on a royal commission into the corruption concerning the banks & all for what, a slap on the wrist? Not a problem for the banks though, they've taken all precautions of upping the interest rates across the board (you know preparing/making up for the minor inconvenience the government has put them through), whilst at the same time closing down certain banking centres around Australia.
Sometimes I wonder who is running this country, is it the Banks, Petrol stations or the government?  V56  V14 I know, they're all in it together.  V02  "All for one & none for all"  Sad

Kon. Q11 What a Face
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Clive has spent millions on his campaign.
He has also had printed thousands of T Shirts, yellow billboards etc.
But he had them printed in China.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:43 pm

You can tell when a politician is lying. His (or her) lips move.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:02 pm

GPZhunter wrote:Kon the biggest reason we won't be processing our own resources now is the transition to low carbon economy.

If Australia sank into the ocean tomorrow the change to global emissions due to man our made emissions would almost be unmeasurable.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 am

adrian ss wrote:I told yez blokes that Clive would pole well.
Now the primary parties are running scared and both labour and Liberal are trying to snag his parties preferences.
The Party that gets his and the Greens preferences will win the election by a country mile.
Can you imagine the mixing of the Greens and the United Australia Party affraid pale

Well I was close. I didn't think that Paulines prefs would go to The Libs but the final result is the same anyway.
Be interesting to see how Clive and Pauline tolerate each other although maybe their views are very similar . Just have to wait and see if Clive can stay awake in the Senate or if he will even be in the country when required??

I wonder how many boats had taken to the water when it was thought that labour was going to win. Now they will have to turn around and go back
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Off Topic Clive Palmer Empty What seat?

Post  Ivan N Sun May 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Adrian; as far as i am aware That F** F*** did`nt win a seat, but he did help keep the Luciferians in power for another 3 years. That`s right; Morrison claims to be christian, yet the liberal party stands for just about everything that Jesus spoke against, a bloody oxymoron if you ask me. The only thing that`s disappointed me is Labor's stand together with the greens, they need to get back to the real Labor party which is fighting for the battler, but in the end who cares for the battlers, look what the liberals John Howard did to this country, he is the main reason there are over 100 000 homeless in this land, people need to stop being so bloody selfish, and care for the one`s who cant really care for themselves, everybody thinks they work hard, but i guarantee you the majority of all high income earners don't work a third as hard as most low income earners, yet earn 3-6 times more.And most of these people are born with high IQ`s in the first place, so did`nt do much by themselves to be in that position, if you or anyone else is offended by this post, stiff cheddar, i speak the truth and don`t give a rats if you hate me for it, i don't care.
There will be many more suicides because this government has been reelected, they way they are forcing sick people to look for 20 jobs a fortnight, it`s absolutely disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves for this, most people who are in reasonable health don't need to be forced to look for work they can and most will find something to do, but lay off the people who have serious diseases, mongrels of hell.
Sorry about the rant, just needed to get it off my chest!!!

Ivan N
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next