Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-Coils for 7000

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 Empty X Coils for 7000

Post  xmas tree Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:50 pm

G'day Traveler Gold. I've cleaned out all my old patches with the X coil 10", so I'm selling it to buy the biggest X coil I can get, to get more depth. I've gridded the patches with the G.P.Z. 7000, with the 19" coil,and a modded 4500 with a 19" evo coil, and also a S.D.C.2300. The Xcoil 10 picked up a lot of pieces that the other detectors had missed, so I feel that a larger X coil will punch a lot deeper.

xmas tree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-06-06

X-COILS likes this post

Back to top Go down

X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 Empty Re: X-Coils for 7000

Post  Kon61gold Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 pm

More of a common sense remark than a rule xmas tree. You've heard the saying all for one & one for all? If I allow any one member to put up an item/good for sale under any thread or topic, then I must allow the same for all members, but then where does one search under, for an item that is/were for sale? V08

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3857
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 Empty X Coils for 7000

Post  xmas tree Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:48 pm

G'day Kon. No problems. Thanks for the advice. xmas tree

xmas tree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2016-06-06

Back to top Go down

X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 Empty 25" coil GPZ7000

Post  Elijah23 Tue May 05, 2020 4:39 am

Monster coil X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 24752911

Elijah23

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-04-20

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue May 05, 2020 8:37 pm

hopefully that coil will be able to pull a few decent nuggets from depth ?
Any depth test available Elijah?

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:31 pm

A guy in WA sent me this message and photo, from a recent trip

5 days 121 nuggets 33 grams 17x12 spiral x-coil on Zed
X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 33_gra12

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 6196
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Nightjar, AraratGold, AnnieL, joe82, Travelergold and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gim Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Nice Painter Q15

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Nightjar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:31 pm

gim wrote:Nice Painter Q15

You picked that straight away, to easy mate. And you know exactly where it came from as well. Smile and you've been doing very well yourself Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Nightjar and gim like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:55 am

Received my second-hand x-coil 15" coil this morning. It doesn't seem to have had much use, I wonder why the original purchaser sold it. Anyhow I wonder if this will turn out to be my main go to coil size. I love the 10" but it is small and doesn't cover much ground and i feel Im always geared up for chasing really small gold. Maybe a bigger coil will nice for a change.

X-Coils for 7000 - Page 3 14926310
Jin
Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

moredeep and X-COILS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi Jin, glad the new coil arrived safe and well
I got my new 10" coil the other day and managed to get out for a day and a half, been over this patch 3 times with stock coil for about 12 grams in total, biggest 4 grams smallest 0.6, picked up 3 more with 10" for a total of 0.8 and about 15 or so pellets, so impressed with the new coil, thought I would have picked up more gold but obviously gold there must be fairly course and already gone
Had the same feelings as you in regards to coil size as A it took me considerably longer to cover the ground than the stock coil and B you wonder if the 10" is a bit under gunned for any bigger bits that are down deeper
Will be interesting how you go with the 15" if it still picks up most of the little bits it will be a no brainer
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2021-01-29

Jin and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:29 pm

G'day Steve

Have no doubt that if your 15 or so pellets, were the same in size gold, will go even deeper than what you were getting the lead pellets on.
The small 10 inch DD will match the 14X13 on say up to 2 grams or so in size, but any bigger than 2gm+/-, is where the 14X13 will start matching the 10 in depth, surpassing it as gold starts to get into the multi-gram in size.
Get into an area consisting of shallow gold bearing ground, where the gold were known for its small in size, but abundant in quantity & flogged or not, then watch the small 10 inch X-Coil go.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:39 am

that's quite a recently manufactured 15" coil too Jin, hopefully it finds you some good gold, 15" seems like a good everyday size for in OZ and from memory its about the same weight as the 14x13" Minelab coil. Keep us updated how you go with it.

I have the NF 12" on it's way and it looks like it's landed in NZ a day or two ago. It's yet to register on the NZ Post website though which is abnormal. Hopefully it lands at my house this week so I can see how it goes.

phrunt
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2021-01-20

geof_junk and Jin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm

phrunt wrote:that's quite a recently manufactured 15" coil too Jin, hopefully it finds you some good gold, 15" seems like a good everyday size for in OZ and from memory its about the same weight as the 14x13" Minelab coil.  Keep us updated how you go with it.  

I have the NF 12" on it's way and it looks like it's landed in NZ a day or two ago.  It's yet to register on the NZ Post website though which is abnormal.  Hopefully it lands at my house this week so I can see how it goes.  

Off tomorrow morning at 4 am to hopefully arrive ready to start swinging at 7. I have 4 spots to stop at before arriving at my parent's place for a few days detecting. My plan of attack is to use the 15" spiral and find some targets. I've cut up a dozen plastic markers which ill place on any targets. After a few hours ill return to each target and run the 15" Concentric over them, followed by the gpz14. Hopefully, my iPhone 12 pro max stays in the pathetic tripod holder I have atm and records something that's usable. I also have a cheap little GoPro-type camera that ill velcro to the top of the zed, so hopefully that also works. If I have time ill try and get that 20" x-coil comparison video against the gpz19 as well.
Jin
Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

geof_junk, moredeep, ChetB and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:31 pm

15 inch coil size, is as big a coil as I'd like to use as a daily all rounder too phrunt. Its a coil size, that when wound right, would just about give one the best power to weight ratio, on in-ground gold size/type. Any coil bigger or smaller in size to that of a 14 or 15 inch (round) becomes more specialized/advantageous as to the size of gold one seeks to find.
After you've had time to put it through its tests, do let us know your thoughts on the 12 inch round.
Best of luck out there Jin.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep, ChetB and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Hi Kon
Thanks for giving me that comparison
I was impressed with the 10" x coil the biggest of the 3 bits I got was 0.39 and was at good depth (150mm), when I was digging it the response from the detector was telling me this is going to be a 4 or 5 grammer, couldnt believe it when it popped out and being so small
Will have to dissect everyones testing now so I can make a choice on what x coil I purchase next, bit of a tough call 10" is probably a bit small for patch hunting, in saying that nothing pulls you up better than a piece of gold regardless of the size
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Mike54 and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Ground coverage is what you are after, when hunting for that first bit of colour.  The smallest coil I'd use would have to be no smaller than say a 14 or 15 inch round coil, or 17+ inch in elliptical. Others prefer using even larger, when scanning ground for their first bit of colour.
BTW, I'm inclined not to go any smaller than the newly released 15 inch Concentric coil, for the 17 inch CC on the GPZ 7000, almost matches the sensitivity on tiny bits of lead or wire, as that of the 10 inch DD,  
with the 15 inch CC no doubt, on par with the 10 inch coil when it comes to bird shot.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

moredeep and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:26 am

Hi Kon
These new concentric coils look like they are going to add new dimensions to the mix, so many choices now makes the decision of what coil to buy next (in a good way) a bit harder
Thinking I will take yours and others results/advice and go with either a 15" or 17"x12" x coil for general use for the time being
Interesting that the 15" concentric matches the 10" on the small stuff, they must be busy over in Russia with the development side of things could end up with a lot of different coils if a blokes not careful
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:14 pm

G'day Steve

Just keep in mind (& especially when it comes to the detecting for gold nuggets) that although this new line-up of concentric coils for the GPZ 7000, both handle & penetrate through mineralized ground very well, they are more of a specialized type of coil, designed for maximum depth over targets, but not for maximum ground coverage when it comes to searching for that first bit of colour. The better choice & optimum size of a coil for general detecting/ground coverage, would have to be a coil of around the 14/15 inch in size round as minimum, or say a 17X12 elliptical in either spiral wound or bundle wound DD (with the flat spiral windings being the more sensitive of the two). Some detectorists prefer to swing even larger in size coils than what I've mentioned above, but as we all know, with the larger in diameter coil, comes the extra weight factor, with even greater difficulty in way of manoeuvrability through areas of thick scrub or rocky terrain.
Not an easy choice I know, but one thing you can be sure of, is that you won't be regretting that 10 inch in size coil that you have already purchased, for it excels for use through many a various ground type/gold size & is an essential coil to have within anyone's arsenal of coils. Consider carefully the purpose of where, over & through & what you intend on searching for & coil selection then becomes a little easier. Best of luck on your choice.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

ChetB and phrunt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi Kon
I am hearing you in regards to next coil purchase, I Know the test Rick put up showed the concentric coils need to be right over the gold, still the target was on top of the ground and I wonder if the sweet spot would increase in diameter with some depth
I am leaning towards the 17" x 12" but how do these elliptical coils go compared to either a 15" or 17"round coil in regards to depth obtained ?
Spoke with Dave yesterday and he is getting ready to travel west, no doubt with a bag full of coils might pay to wait and see what he comes up with, hopefully the 10" will keep me busy in the meantime
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:48 pm

G'day Steve

The answer to your first question is no. The type of field produced or given out by a concentric coil (or sweet spot as some prefer to call it), remains pretty much the same on a target laying on the surface of ground, or over the same type/size target buried down in the ground. In other words, what ever you see/hear above, the same can be said bellow. The only thing that changes here is the appearance/type of target, (eg flat as compared to round) the degree of ground mineralization & or the orientation of target, as compared to being picked up by the coil field coming from above.
When talking target composition, as seen by the coil field, the conductivity of a target, does play some part as to the targets conductive strength (eg a refined silver 3 pence, as compared to the same size/shape natural gold nugget) but is not as important overall, as compared to the amount of surface area of a target, exposed to the coil field.
The 17 inch spiral elliptical, is very closely chasing the 17 inch spiral round, in way of depth, but as we all know, elliptical in shape coils (especially coils of medium to large in size) offer other benefits that round coils don't have, such that of (better manoeuvrability when traversing through tighter sections of rock or scrub, not to mention better pinpointing a target out from its resting place, with a slightly sharper signal response, as compared to the same in size round coil). If its just outright depth you're after, the same size coil in round, will always offer slightly better depth advantage on targets (especially as the targets get larger in size) as compared to that of the same in size/length elliptical coil.
Since you already have the standard GPZ 14X13, you'd need to go 17X12 or larger, in order to see any real depth advantages.
I have no doubt you'll soon be praising that 10 inch coil, the more you cover ground with it.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks again Kon
I agree with the advantages of the elliptical coils, some places I go there seems to be as much pushing and shoving as swinging
Would it be right to assume the 17 x 12 will match the stock coil in regards to depth on larger gold and at the same time giving a distinct advantage on the smaller gold?
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:28 pm

stevevic wrote:Thanks again Kon
I agree with the advantages of the elliptical coils, some places I go there seems to be as much pushing and shoving as swinging
Would it be right to assume the 17 x 12 will match the stock coil in regards to depth on larger gold and at the same time giving a distinct advantage on the smaller gold?
Cheers

I found the 17x12 spiral to surpass the standard GPZ14 stock coil on larger gold at depth, others may disagree but I know what I have found and yes in most cases I don't swap from the 17x12 back to the GPZ14 to check the targets, it is just impractical to do so when your actually detecting and it is not just a testing session, I just use the coil that is finding gold in the area I'm in.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:32 pm

hey Kon next time you have the 17" concentric on the Zed try this setting, Diff/Gen and audio smoothing high and sensitivity 16 I reckon it broadens out the target so it is not just a small center target and gives way more depth, and still runs very smooth.

cheers dave
davsgold
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Thanks Dave I'll give it a try next time out & see how I go. There are no problems with depth issues over targets, even though I've only been running it in High Yield Difficult. As a matter of fact (& I can say this with confidence to anyone) do your best to stay away from trashy iron infested ground, or you'll find yourselves digging to the depths of China pulling out targets. Whilst using my Garret pinpointer the other day, I accidentally crossed the centre part of the CC coil & had to pass the switched off pinpointer over again, just to confirm it. The pinpointer when waived over the coil whilst it being in a perfect vertical position, a faint but clear signal could be heard coming through the speaker.  Now I wouldn't have been as surprised as I were, if the pinpointer were not close to 5 feet in distance, when waived over the centre of coil Shocked affraid  In all honesty Dave (& I have no doubt that in Difficult/General will increase that depth especially as target size gets bigger) but that's when I'll be walking around in fear of any deep signal response, knowing that I might have to dig down to China, in order to witness the target Shocked  Laughing
BTW, no disagreement with what you have said about the 17X12 inch spiral coil, as targets get larger in size (say 10 grams & above). Spiral wound in DD configuration tends to have the better sensitivity than that of a similar in configuration bundle wound DD.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:26 am

As we have smaller gold here we focus more on coils suitable for that, and the 10" has long been a favourite, it was later discovered the 15x10" was virtually as sensitive as the 10" with better ground coverage so that was very helpful and why I guess the Aussies like the 17x12" as it has the sensitivity near to a smaller coil like a 12" round with better ground coverage.

My focus is absolutely on how small of a target a coil can hit, it gives me the highest chance of coming home with a rattle in my jar, so yes, we chase the little crumbs here more than anything, it's the challenge, the fun of the chase, we don't gold hunt for money obviously.   Finding the smaller deeper bits can be a real challenge, sometimes the signal is only just there, sometimes you think you may have imagined it and recheck the spot over and over from different directions to try get it to repeat like when you first heard it on the initial sweep and sometimes you just dig as you thought there was something but can't get it to show itself again and it can pay off.  We are fortunate our soil is mild or I doubt we'd find much gold at all as the milder soil allows us to run our detectors in the highest of sensitivity which can ping the little bits much deeper.

The first thing I do when I get a new coil is not so much an air test, but a sensitivity test.  I have lead shotgun pellets of various sizes stuck to ice block sticks, and I keep going down in pellet sizes to see the smallest size pellet a coil will hit and how the response is on the bits.  This also helps me determine the most sensitive areas on the coil so I know where to use my scoop over the coil when recovering targets in the field, it also very much helps with pinpointing as you end up knowing the hottest spot on the coil by finding the smallest target the coil will hit you can establish the locations on the coil that are the hottest.

For example, the new Nugget Finder Z-Search has the hottest spots on the coil on the raised ridges on the left and right of the coil, the dip between the ridges on the sides of the coil or the center front of the coil, the traditional spot people run targets over during recovery is a weak spot and should not be used trying to recover small targets.  

Here is a video I did the other day when I was testing the Z-search coil to find out how small of a target it will hit, it clearly shows the sensitive zones on the coil.

Now, as a comparison here is the little 8" X-coil, one of my absolute favourite coils and it's response on the same targets and also showing it's hot zones which is virtually all of the coil.

I generally run my scoop over the side of the 8" to recover small targets but anywhere would work.  With coils that have weak and hot spots it's very easy to accidentally throw out small gold by running the scoop over a weak zone on the coil so even though you guys don't really chase small gold as much as we do it would still be a good idea to know the hottest areas of your coils to assist with recovery especially with coils like the Z-search where the recovery hot zones are so defined.

I've already seen Youtube videos of guys using their Z-search and running their scoop over the logo at the top trying to recover small gold in the scoop and I just know they're doing the wrong thing and risk losing gold or at least making life more difficult recovering it.

UPDATE - I've since added a whole bunch of videos I filmed today to my Youtube where I duplicated the same pellet tests with various coils, I'll let others be the judge of the results but they were exactly what I expected really.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEN_BLb2wrHNkGzP3iDOJMw

The point of these tests is to see the basic depth and response the coils will give on an edge of detection target, the smallest target the coil will respond to.  Obviously as targets get bigger the response changes and depth increases but when you're dealing with targets so small the coil only just responds on them every millimeter of depth counts and can be the difference between finding a target and missing it completely when hunting for tiny gold.  The settings were exactly the same on every coil.

In hindsight I probably should have strapped on my harness and used my SP01 so I could keep the volume level of the GPZ lower as running it at 14 so my phone would pick up the audio well messed with the threshold a bit, I usually have the volume level at about 5 when using my SP01 and let it boost the audio volume but seeing all targets were done just with the audio volume on 14 and the WM12 then it's an even playing field. I may repeat a few of the tests using the SP01 another time to see the difference. Keep in mind I did these tests for myself so I personally could see the difference between each coil, I was never intending to put them on Youtube but figured seeing I put in the effort I may as well, someone might appreciate them.

Last edited by phrunt on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:41 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated with new tests.)

phrunt
Contributor
Contributor

AnnieL, xmas tree, moredeep, PeterInSa and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:30 pm

Any meaningful information is appreciated on here phrunt. I have only one question for you. Have you had the time to put that new Nugget Finder 12 inch through its paces? If so, what are your thoughts on it & how does it compare to the standard GPZ 14X13?

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:05 am

Well obviously it's light they've done a good job cutting down the weight on it.  So far I've been I find it similar to the 14x13" coil but I may find differences over time as I haven't used it near enough to be able to notice differences in soil handling and so on.  I hope to take it to a challenging area soon and see how it goes there, one of the few places I can't run things flat out and difficult is often the best option.

Sensitivity to small targets in maxed out settings I think the videos are the best way to describe that,  they all hit the same pellets and won't hit smaller, it's more how they react to the targets that are different.  The same targets and settings that were in the Nugget Finder video in my post above.

Minelab 14x13"

These tests are easily repeatable by anyone to verify, it's just using the size pellet in this case the smallest they would hit is a #6 lead pellet which is good, it's a tiny pellet and being a lead sphere it's a very difficult target, a similar weight bit of gold would likely be easier to detect being an odd shape, often rather flat here.  Funny enough these little testing sticks were sent to me by an engineer at First Texas (Fisher) in the USA as he wanted to see the X-Coil performance on the QED using them.

For the weight loss alone it's good, I've been using it without a bungee like I do with the 10" and 8".   There is always the chance too that performance of it in difficult may exceed the 14x13" coil.  As I mostly run in normal I wouldn't notice changes in difficult.   I'm happy with the coil and if all I had was the standard coil I'd think it's pretty good.  Possibly someone in difficult soils may notice more of a difference than I do.  It's a pretty good coil.

phrunt
Contributor
Contributor

AnnieL, Mike54, moredeep, PeterInSa and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stevevic Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:08 am

Thanks for showing us all those test results Phrunt
It was interesting to see the different sensitive zones on each coil, would be a good test on any new coil you buy to ensure you know how to use it best
Also interesting was there didnt seem to be a lot of difference between all five coils in that particular test
Where the 2 smaller coils able to see #7.5 or the #9 pellets?
Cheers

stevevic
New Poster
New Poster

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  phrunt Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:39 am

stevevic wrote:Thanks for showing us all those test results Phrunt
It was interesting to see the different sensitive zones on each coil, would be a good test on any new coil you buy to ensure you know how to use it best
Also interesting was there didnt seem to be a lot of difference between all five coils in that particular test
Where the 2 smaller coils able to see #7.5 or the #9 pellets?
Cheers

The main difference was with the number #4 pellet where some coils blew others away for depth especially the smaller coils and the concentric coil had a huge depth difference to some other coils, some coils couldn't even get it the #4 pellet the height of the top of the shaft attachment where as others got it significantly higher than that, in some cases something like triple that height or much more.

With the #6 pellet a few coils needed it to touch the coil to respond, some got 1 to 2 cm's on it so that can be the difference between finding gold and not.   Some responded faintly to it even touching the coil where as others screamed on it.

No coil can hit the #7.5 or #9 pellet.  This must be a limitation of the GPZ with the #6 the smallest pellet I could hit so this target is the edge of detection target, so even a half centimeter difference in depth is a big deal on a target this difficult to detect.  I'm now wondering if adjusting my volume on the GPZ lower and using my SP01 to boost the signal would reveal the #7.5 pellet on some coils and I'll experiment with this.  This isn't so much an air test, it's more a test to see if a coil will even detect a target.  Having a millimeter of soil between the pellet and the coil is hardly going to make a difference, but the way around that is just sitting the pellet sticks on the ground and waving the coil over them but it makes no difference Smile  In saying that this test is done in ideal ground conditions with the highest sensitivity the GPZ is capable of.  That's the idea of it.  So results may vary done on highly mineralised ground.

The results were similar to what I expected, the smaller the coil the better result, the Concentric did very well for a large coil size by comparison though and the depth it was getting on the #4 was up there with the small coils.  Some coils had a similar depth to others but the signal response was much louder.

Some coils had sensitivity all over the surface of the coil even to the smallest pellet, others had very specific zones that were sensitive and the rest of the coil was a dead zone.  Knowing this sort of information helps pinpoint and also you need to know the hot zones to run the scoop over coils recovering tiny targets.

I normally always work out the hot zones of coils on all detectors so I know where is best to run my scoop over with recovery, it's important to know this information when hunting tiny gold as nothing is worse than throwing the soil out of the scoop thinking it's not in there when in fact it's because you ran the scoop over a weak zone on the coil.

All of this stuff is useful information for me as I hunt very small gold, how it translates into bigger gold I don't know but it would have to have some correlation.

phrunt
Contributor
Contributor

xmas tree, Mike54, moredeep, PeterInSa and ChetB like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Much appreciate your feedback on the new Nugget Finder Z-Search coil phrunt. I understand that your ground type/soils in NZ are more on the low mineralization side of things, than what they are here over Victorian goldfield ground conditions, but regardless of what flat out settings/timings/gold modes you prefer to use or run your detector/coil in, on, or over, the results of your tests will show a difference over certain size/type targets, when going from one gold mode/ground mode setting to the next & or from one coil to another. It is in this height/sound difference, on/over various size/type targets, that we can all draw some form of relative conclusion. Thanks.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

phrunt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum