max temps detecting

Go down

max temps detecting Empty max temps detecting

Post  yellowmellow on Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:23 pm

hi all just getting a general guage on what is everyones max temp for detecting what temp is your max mine is 26 I feel I have to wait a while before Maryborough areas etc..... will get down to these temps daily please let me know thanks tim

ps im getting a 12 inch evo in 4 weeks time cant wait
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

max temps detecting Empty Re: max temps detecting

Post  yellowmellow on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:54 pm

it can easy be 27 in Melbourne and 36 in Dunolly easy particularly in summer time easy
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:47 pm

In this weather yellowmellow I get up early detect between 6am to 9am
then in the evening again 6pm to 9 pm.
In the evening I usually try and detect on the east side of the hills around here, mainly to keep in the shade of the hill.
Bit of a bugger if you're on the flats.
In between those hours when it's too hot it's tiddly winks for me Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

max temps detecting Empty RE: MAX TEMPS DETECTING

Post  dundiggin on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi,,  I too feel the heat and the older one gets the more one feels the upper temps. The weather man on TV encouraged everyone to RESPECT the heat!! Too many people , particularly older folks,, die from the heat and in this country well over a thousand succumb each year.. The figures are not good.. And the summers appear to be hotter and longer in duration,, so,, my air con is really working and keeps me in the land of the living,, patiently waiting for the cooler weather  when it's a real joy to be out waving the wand.. Take care.. dundigging. Q27 Q27 Q27

I dunno how it happened but my post went twice.. Gorblimey,, as if I don't have enough trouble with my mobile without things going fut here

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:42 pm

dundiggin wrote:I dunno how it happened but my post went twice.. Gorblimey,, as if  I don't have enough trouble with my mobile without things going fut here

Hello dundiggin

Your not the first person to do it Laughing
I have done it many time’s myself.
Jen
Jen
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Hi Tim

Yes the summer sure is here,  V51  

Congrats on getting a 12 inch evo coil.  
When you get a chance to get out for a Detecting I hope it brings you much luck and gold
Jen
Jen
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 898
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

max temps detecting Empty RE; MAX TEMPS DETECTING

Post  dundiggin on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:17 am

Hi Jen, I thought I wus the one an only who gets hashed up at times... You,re very encouraging .. Thank you .. clown clown clown Dundiggin

dundiggin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm

34'C is about my cut off temp

we got any higher than that ?

Marty

Martin R
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:35 am

The other bit about summer time is the threat of fire. Even on a cooler day, don't go to spot that's deep in the bush with 10km of goat tracks to get out. Common fires in haysheds and along major roads can quickly get into the bush and you'll be fried.V49

Be safe and finds heaps. V11
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Sunny and 34 will see me done . I have detected in 38 and overcast a few years back although I was tempted the other day to have a go but gave it the flick coz a few bobby pins and pulltabs wasn't enough to motivate me. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2587
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:28 am

45c is my cut off,the trick is to head out early and swing till you run out of water about 6 hrs,nothing worse than driving out in the aircon stepping out of the car and start frying before you even get set up.
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  peterau on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:39 am

depends if onto gold, if so = then what heat

peterau
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 am

koeh wrote:45c is my cut off,the trick is to head out early and swing till you run out of water about 6 hrs,nothing worse than driving out in the aircon stepping out of the car and start frying before you even get set up.

45 deg C V51 Did ja have one ov those little hat mounted solar powered fans on yer head. Q24
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 pm

koeh, you got aircon in your car??? Luxury!!! When I was a kid we lived in an old shoebox on the side of the road, and took it in turns to fan each other with a dead lizard. You young folks don't know how lucky you are. (got to 42 here today)
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:10 pm

adrian ss wrote:
koeh wrote:45c is my cut off,the trick is to head out early and swing till you run out of water about 6 hrs,nothing worse than driving out in the aircon stepping out of the car and start frying before you even get set up.

45 deg C  V51 Did ja have one ov those little hat mounted solar powered fans on yer head. Q24  

Did have but it melted Very Happy I usually check to the forecast 44c I will still go out but 45c stay home,but mind you the hottest part of the day is 4:00pm not lunchtime like I was told when I was a kid,at the moment it is over 30c @ 7am here, hot nights the place don’t get a chance to cool down before the sun comes back up
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Reg Wilson wrote:koeh, you got aircon in your car??? Luxury!!! When I was a kid we lived in an old shoebox on the side of the road, and took it in turns to fan each other with a dead lizard. You young folks don't know how lucky you are. (got to 42 here today)

I have aircon in my EH Holden as well,just wind the window down a little further for coolness and wind it up for heat, she don’t go prospecting though
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Currently 39 degrees in Bendigo fellas & don't look like much dropping in temperature any time soon. T14 Q11 V51

Cheers Kon. Q11
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3559
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Welcome to central Victoria Kon. Winters are better for detecting. Autumn is best.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm hoping I can last that long Reg. Big difference from Melbourne temperatures, where every 3/4 days of constant heat wave, one is just about guaranteed a sudden change of cooler weather. That's alright though, for the sooner I start stepping out of of my shell, the sooner I can start acclimatising. Just stepped outside the back yard to see how its going, but like a terrapin turtle that's been ever so lightly poked on the head, I withdrew back into my shell that fast, It felt like I had never stepped outside for a gander. affraid Shocked Q35 Nah, who am I kidding, I'm staying indoors till this heat wave boils over.

Cheers Kon. Q11
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:44 pm

It's a strange thing the heat or the cold,some days I just give in to it,other days I say stuff it you're not going to beat me.
I think some times its just in my nogging,some days I just get out there and do it .
My father in law was an old chippy up swan hill way, working on houses in the middle of summer ,"didn't drink much"was his saying,
up until his late 80's he would be out in the garden,bib and brace overall on working away, high 30's into the 40's,"what heat" he would say.
my old neighbor up the road,has to be in his mid 80's goes out to his 100 acre property every day, rain hail or shine,grows veggies,has 60 tomato plants in,massive pumpkin patch.
I asked how he coped with the heat," doesn't bother me,I'm used to it"
So hopefully by the time I'm 80 and still detecting,my DNA will have changed and I'll be as tough as nails as well and say "what heat" Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

max temps detecting Empty max temp detecting

Post  mogy on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Just to make you all feel  sorry for me    It was snowing  as I came home just now  !

But im in the UK  and just longing to  visit OZ again

mogy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 am

Went out for a short detect this morning with the Whites SST.  Only 25 deg a beaut morning. Decided to give the knee pain, pain killers a miss....Big mistake, but I found a nice sil ring and one old 50 cent coin at approx 14 inches in the river sand under a tree root. Called it quits after only 30 mins. You don't know how much those pain killers help until ya stop taking them. Rolling Eyes
   Anyway max temp in Canberra today is only 34 and a possible storm. Nice to have a bit of a cool change.

The SST is a nice but little known All Metal coin and relic machine with auto and fixed ground tracking. I think this tecta was built by Whites for Jimmy Sierra. The TID displays all targets and there is no disc adjust. The machine also has variable audio target ID. A simplified version of the MXT but with the same detecting power. The iron Id is excellent and near on always displays a negative number and low tone or an ID number that jumps from from negative to high positive ID,  whereas very small high grade gold displays with a positive number that can be as low as 4 or up around 38 depending on the size of the target.
Very easy to use and very stable.

Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:41 am

Never mind folks, only a few months and you can start whinging about the cold & rain. FFS it's summer get over it............ Too many brainwashed by all the media hype.
Next summer will probably be very mild. Very Happy

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2502
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:04 am

Yeah, you're not wrong there Nightjar. I'll just have to learn to toughen up. affraid Did I just say toughen up?  V51  Who am I kidding? Shocked  Q41 Q35
Only a matter of time before my better half whops me one for all my whinging & puts me out of my misery.  V02  V04  V12  V21  Shocked  Q35

Cheers  Kon. Q11
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Yeah as soon as we get a hot day the "Hot Earther,s" start screaming global warming and telling us we have to change to clean energy and to shut down the coal mines; then when we get a cold spell ya don't hear a word from them.
Somebody should tell them that their wonderful solar panels do not work so good when the outside air temps get a bit hot. Electricity output drops dramatically. and of course the wind farms don't work at all without wind

It's a wonder somebody hasn't started raving about the shifting North & South magnetic poles. OMG! OMG we are all going to die when the earth magnetic pe per ppoles flip over.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum