Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is the a good combination to have

4 posters

Go down

what is the a good combination to have  Empty what is the a good combination to have

Post  yellowmellow Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:07 pm

is a 2008 made but serviced in 2017 gpx4500 plus a 15 inch spoked evolution coil a good combo to have I am finding more targets no various depths and sizes but no gold as of yet though still waiting to cool down before I can go detecting again this year hope it wont too long
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1694
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

what is the a good combination to have  Empty Re: what is the a good combination to have

Post  joe82 Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:59 am

before I got the zed my fav combo was my 5000 with 15' evo and if I wanted to I whould change to the 12' evo now that was a wicked combo I have no doubt you will find it with your 4500 and evo coil

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

what is the a good combination to have  Empty Re: what is the a good combination to have

Post  Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:12 am

yellowmellow wrote:is a 2008 made but serviced in 2017 gpx4500 plus a 15 inch spoked evolution coil a good combo to have I am finding more targets no various depths and sizes but no gold as of yet though still waiting to cool down before I can go detecting again this year hope it wont too long

I reckon the early model 4500's are better on deep gold than the later ones which are more like the 5000, my one is about the same vintage as yours and I wont part with it, its good on deep gold and very sharp on the small bits, the 15" evo coil you have will be good for the deep stuff but you should also consider some smaller coils, two coils that I have found to be really hot on it are the minelab supergoldseach 8' mono and the nuggetfinder advantage 12x7 elliptical mono, also the earlier nuggetfinder SL mono coils work well on it too, a few people have commented on the nuggetfinder 12" evolution mono as being very good on them as well, I have one but have not used it as yet, and was considering trying out the 15" evo as well when I can.

cheers

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Before I sold the 5000 to get the zed my favourite combo was my 5000 with 12x9' advantage, I sed to call it my lucky coil, with this combo I found 19 nuggets in a patch and 21 in another.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Before I got my Zed I had quite a few combinations I liked on my 4500. Each coil has its merits for different applications. Mine were all mono's both round & elliptical. My last favourites were the 14 x 9 NF Advantage & the 11" & 14" Coiltek Elites. The little sadie for shallow bedrock type ground. Like I said. I had many favourites. Just depends on the ground depth & what size the gold might be. In my case the gold is always on the small size. I never did get my hands on any Evo coil but I liked all my NF Advantage coils. The Zed has that one 14" coil Oh... & the 19" of which I have but have not as yet used it. I dont think you can go too wrong with the 15" EVO coil Tim.
Good luck out there

JW Cool
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down